• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Allen and Seahawks agree to deal

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this go across the wire:

Jared Allen leaves Seattle today without signing a contract after "good discussions"; will make final decision this weekend.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Allen's all about money, not a ring.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is whatever the offer was it was definately lower then what he wanted or he would have signed it. Good for the Hawks for sticking to their guns and not overpaying. If he is here great, but if not oh well, we still have an elite defense.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way free agency has been going, it seems like most players are.

How many guys have actually turned down a close to comparable deal to get a little more money from a losing team than a contender, though?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many guys have actually turned down a close to comparable deal to get a little more money from a losing team than a contender, though?

Haven't heard of any others offers that are better then what the Seahawks offered, obviously he was hoping for a better deal then was offered from the Seahawks. So the suspense continues, will some other team step up with a better offer, will he retire, or does he take the Seahawks up on their offer?

Looks like it will be a few days before we know.:gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know what he was offered.. ??

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love premature reports from multiple news outlets. :L

I'm not gonna consider anything a done deal now until I see a picture of him holding up a team's jersey or read about his retirement.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a done deal Seattle fans. He is gonna make a decision this weekend.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
There saying in the news down here that he is a Bay Area guy, think from Morgan Hill, and would like to play on this side of the country????
Not sure if that means much.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just a cheap ploy by the agent to see if the Seahawks would up their offer or sweeten the deal just a little bit.

If Jared Allen is really willing to retire, because of a couple of million dollar difference then let him. We want someone that has the drive and hunger to win a Superbowl.

If he's willing to go to a mediocre team and be miserable for the rest of his career for an extra few million dollars...have fun Jared.

I want Jared Allen here just as much as anyone, but I'm glad the Seahawks are standing their ground.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just a cheap ploy by the agent to see if the Seahawks would up their offer or sweeten the deal just a little bit.

If Jared Allen is really willing to retire, because of a couple of million dollar difference then let him. We want someone that has the drive and hunger to win a Superbowl.

If he's willing to go to a mediocre team and be miserable for the rest of his career for an extra few million dollars...have fun Jared.

I want Jared Allen here just as much as anyone, but I'm glad the Seahawks are standing their ground.

I think we all concur with that thought.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear I was a bit premature posting this thread.

I blame ESPN.

Oh well, suppose the Jared Allen discussions can be moved here for now. I highly doubt he retires, I'm pretty confident that he signs with the Seahawks. It appeared Allen's other top suitor was the Cowboys, who likely don't have the cap room to even give him a fraction of what the Seahawks are offering.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear I was a bit premature posting this thread.

I blame ESPN.

Oh well, suppose the Jared Allen discussions can be moved here for now. I highly doubt he retires, I'm pretty confident that he signs with the Seahawks. It appeared Allen's other top suitor was the Cowboys, who likely don't have the cap room to even give him a fraction of what the Seahawks are offering.
Definately ESPN dropped the ball on this one. They kept changing the headline on their page throughout the afternoon.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Jared Allen's all about money, not a ring.

Because he won't play for the going rate?
If that were true, he would have singed with the Raiders or Cowboys.
My guess, he'd sign for 7 or 8 mil, to a contender.
If it happens to be the Seahawks, they should be happy to get him. With the D-Backs they have, he could break the sack record next season. They'll definitely give him the time to get to the QB.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he won't play for the going rate?
If that were true, he would have singed with the Raiders or Cowboys.
My guess, he'd sign for 7 or 8 mil, to a contender.
If it happens to be the Seahawks, they should be happy to get him. With the D-Backs they have, he could break the sack record next season. They'll definitely give him the time to get to the QB.

He won't break any records. Seattle has a few other really good pass rushers that will be also getting their share and he will be in a more limited role with the Seahawks giving him fewer chances.

Still, I think all of us want to see him join and every QB in the league really really wants him not to. At least the dozen or so that play us next year.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
He won't break any records. Seattle has a few other really good pass rushers that will be also getting their share and he will be in a more limited role with the Seahawks giving him fewer chances.

Still, I think all of us want to see him join and every QB in the league really really wants him not to. At least the dozen or so that play us next year.

If they give him a contract, he'll be in almost every down.
And he hasn't slowed down, he'll get a ton of sacks there. No doubt about it.