• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want to screw the cable company

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no. They word things in a way to make it seem more legit. I don't blame people that aren't insiders for not being able to tell the difference.

And yes, as long as the channels have their commercials still running on them it isn't likely the end user gets in legal trouble, but it isn't impossible either.

I personally don't want to use questionable services. I want legal streaming I pay for that is stable. That's a minimum.
Exactly and that has been the entire point of this "argument" since the beginning. I said it was piracy he says nuh uh, cuz there zoooo many dewd

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MORON i never made the claim it was illegal to watch i said they were pirated streams to which you argued they were not... now you are backtracking and trying to talk out of your ass!! LMFAO

I never said either way. There is no way for the consumer to know for sure. The autorities need to tell us if it is illegal. You think everything you buy on Ebay is legal?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Prove it.
You are dumber than a box of rocks, i hope the big boys get greedy and come after end users. and yes they most certainly are going after these guys more and more.... remember how long napster and all the torrent sites stayed up..... they werent legal either

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said either way. There is no way for the consumer to know for sure. The autorities need to tell us if it is illegal. You think everything you buy on Ebay is legal?
I dont buy off ebay....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes exactly. It is not illegal to watch anything on the web. It is not up to the consumer to figure out if the provider has all the licensing. That is for the authorities to determine.

The VPN thing is more for privacy then anything else.
that is only at best partially true.

I cannot take the chances because I have licenses related to my work I wouldn't want to jeopardize over piracy. It isn't worth the risk, no matter how small it may be.

A la carte TV will eventually be the norm and bundled coax will die. It's only a matter of time.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are dumber than a box of rocks, i hope the big boys get greedy and come after end users. and yes they most certainly are going after these guys more and more.... remember how long napster and all the torrent sites stayed up..... they werent legal either

And how did that work out for the music industry? Cant even sell a music DVD anymore. Music is still shared everywhere. They are fighting a losing battle.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how did that work out for the music industry? Cant even sell a music DVD anymore. Music is still shared everywhere. They are fighting a losing battle.
IT DOESNT MAKE IT LEGAL. are you a child????

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Music is winning the battle. I do spotify and most of the people I know are paying for one site or another or doing the free versions of those sites (ad supported) which all pay money to the music content owners.

It wasn't that long ago that 100% of my music was pirated. Or at least close to that. Today none of it is.

I also have several friends with plex servers and I don't tend to use any of them for the same protection reasons I avoid 'free' streaming sites that might be questionable. It isn't worth losing licenses over.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT DOESNT MAKE IT LEGAL. are you a child????

I understand the Napster product wan not legal. IPTV is not the same thing. We dont know who has the proper licensing and who does not.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Music is winning the battle. I do spotify and most of the people I know are paying for one site or another or doing the free versions of those sites (ad supported) which all pay money to the music content owners.

It wasn't that long ago that 100% of my music was pirated. Or at least close to that. Today none of it is.

I also have several friends with plex servers and I don't tend to use any of them for the same protection reasons I avoid 'free' streaming sites that might be questionable. It isn't worth losing licenses over.

Plex is a slippery slope for the same reason Napster was. People making physical copies is different from just watching content.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the Napster product wan not legal. IPTV is not the same thing. We dont know who has the proper licensing and who does not.
Right, and if I don't know the source I'm probably not going to trust it. That's me though and my special circumstances.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey now Plex Servers are not illegal, they are for personal media services in your own home and it is not illegal to backup a digital copy of your movies provided you are not distributing it

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and if I don't know the source I'm probably not going to trust it. That's me though and my special circumstances.

Understandable, I never download anything. Never have. Never will.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just you, anybody with half a brain and doesnt want to be caught up with piracy. Pretending to be ignorant isnt a defense

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now Plex Servers are not illegal, they are for personal media services in your own home and it is not illegal to backup a digital copy of your movies provided you are not distributing it
The friends I know are sharing their plex in networks across the internet with hundreds of movies and shows.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not distributing anything I watch on the web either. See how that works.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what people are doing with Plex that isnt the intention of the software, me personally i buy a movie, put it on my media server and put the disc in a huge billfold just in case i ever need the physical disc for any reason

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The friends I know are sharing their plex in networks across the internet with hundreds of movies and shows.
Yea that prolly isnt legal lol.

I do it because i have smart tvs and its easier to let the kids pick their own movies at any tv than have a stupid blu ray player at every tv

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just you, anybody with half a brain and doesnt want to be caught up with piracy. Pretending to be ignorant isnt a defense
To be fair, the average consumer is facing at worst a nasty warning from their ISP if they are using a bad streaming provider that has a crack down on them. If they don't have a problem with sketchy content and it doesn't give them any guilt, there isn't much risk.

Now, the real risk is going to sites that have malware as many 'free' sites make money from malware providers. Nothing in life is ever really free.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not distributing anything I watch on the web either. See how that works.
You keep trying to change the argument. You are still wrong. What you are watching is not legally distributed. That is a fact and you are utilizing pirated content.