• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want to screw the cable company

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

What have i been projecting

you are the one who is 1000% overly defensive because you know the services you use are not legit, and when you get called out for such because you try to say "my IPTV is better than anything else" and i say you cannot find a legal IPTV service that is better than Youtube TV you then begin to pretend to be ignorant to the fact that what you use is not legally distributing content.

I call you names because you are stupid, and i dont have an issue with calling a spade a spade.

You are not going to stop stealing content (indirectly) and i am not going to stop thinking you are scum, so what is the point of your continued argument? Everybody with half a brain knows what you are doing isnt legit, so what is your goal here?

Cox Cable has gone up in the Northeast. That is 1 right there. And Comcast up here is through the roof.

Again, prove that the content is pirated. You cant. Fact.

You should try that gunshot to the nuts just to be sure.

Wow, I came for the info and left with a puckered starfish. Intense, you guys.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not familiar with IPTV so I decided to do a little investigating. Here is the first site I stumbled across:

IPTV - Internet Protocol Television - Replace Your Cable/Satellite Service
link said:
Some IPTV services are illegal and some are legal.
Its very difficult for us (TROYPOINT personnel) to determine whether an IPTV service holds the proper licensing to broadcast their channels.
If a reputable distributor such as Amazon includes an IPTV service in their app store, you can be certain that it is legal. Same is true for NVIDIA SHIELD through Google Play Store.
Due to the resources available to these large companies, they can easily determine whether a service carries the proper licensing or not.

It's obviously not illegal to simply watch an IPTV service on your computer - just like if I google "Watch Gone with the Wind", and go to a link that allows me to watch the movie, there's nothing illegal about simply watching what is being transmitted over the internet to your computer.

FYI, the link above includes a list of IPTV providers, and a variety of other useful information.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not familiar with IPTV so I decided to do a little investigating. Here is the first site I stumbled across:

IPTV - Internet Protocol Television - Replace Your Cable/Satellite Service

It's obviously not illegal to simply watch an IPTV service on your computer - just like if I google "Watch Gone with the Wind", and go to a link that allows me to watch the movie, there's nothing illegal about simply watching what is being transmitted over the internet to your computer.

FYI, the link above includes a list of IPTV providers, and a variety of other useful information.

I agree. NU_FTW line of thinking is like someone going to a pawn shop and getting a great deal must be a theft, because no way can he not know the item he bought is stolen. It's really his nose in the air and holier then thou attitude that makes hims look like a douche. His go straight to personal attack while debating that undermines his argument as being legit debater who knows what he's talking about. I'll give him him that he has some knowledge, but apparently it has gone to his head.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. NU_FTW line of thinking is like someone going to a pawn shop and getting a great deal must be a theft, because no way can he not know the item he bought is stolen. It's really his nose in the air and holier then thou attitude that makes hims look like a douche. His go straight to personal attack while debating that undermines his argument as being legit debater who knows what he's talking about. I'll give him him that he has some knowledge, but apparently it has gone to his head.
BadAssuredKid-size_restricted.gif

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close to the same line of thinking, it is more like going and buying a car stereo with no serial number out of the back of a van in a dark alley.. with a known criminal....

Nice try though

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close to the same line of thinking, it is more like going and buying a car stereo with no serial number out of the back of a van in a dark alley.. with a known criminal....

Nice try though
Not at all. It's more like Don Man said about googling gone With the Wind and then watching it. Obviously(in your opinion) the dude is a scumbag theft because he should know you can't watch that for free. Pretty high and mighty attitude IMO.
One of America historically great moments was the Boston Tea party. You be screaming about how illegal that was instead of acknowledging that it was a fight against a corrupt British system of milking her colonies for money.
The enemy has changed from countries to corrupt businesses milking the public for money. Using their advantage as natural monopolies and their lobbyists to help them practical steal money and charge as much as they can get away with. Competition is thee only way to keep them in check and at times that needs to be some that are borderline legit. It's consumers vs big business, I take the side of the consumer, you apparently root for big business.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. It's more like Don Man said about googling gone With the Wind and then watching it. Obviously(in your opinion) the dude is a scumbag theft because he should know you can't watch that for free. Pretty high and mighty attitude IMO.
One of America historically great moments was the Boston Tea party. You be screaming about how illegal that was instead of acknowledging that it was a fight against a corrupt British system of milking her colonies for money.
The enemy has changed from countries to corrupt businesses milking the public for money. Using their advantage as natural monopolies and their lobbyists to help them practical steal money and charge as much as they can get away with. Competition is thee only way to keep them in check and at times that needs to be some that are borderline legit. It's consumers vs big business, I take the side of the consumer, you apparently root for big business.
LOL you must be picking and choosing what you read. If you had read everythign and that is what you came away with your reading comprehension is severely lacking.

While it is likely not going to land any penalty, it is not legal to accept and watch stolen content. That was not the argument anyway.

He is scum because he advocates others to utilize pirated streams, and he turns a blind eye because he would rather steal content than pay for it.

It is not anywhere near the same as a pawn shop, he knows it is stolen and anyone who cant manage to figure it out is just retarded.

Keep trying to change this to a different argument than what it is. Not very bright of you but whatever.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass is trying to say that fighting taxation without representation is the same thing stealing goods/services.......... lmfao seriously

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you must be picking and choosing what you read. If you had read everythign and that is what you came away with your reading comprehension is severely lacking.

While it is likely not going to land any penalty, it is not legal to accept and watch stolen content. That was not the argument anyway.

He is scum because he advocates others to utilize pirated streams, and he turns a blind eye because he would rather steal content than pay for it.

It is not anywhere near the same as a pawn shop, he knows it is stolen and anyone who cant manage to figure it out is just retarded.

Keep trying to change this to a different argument than what it is. Not very bright of you but whatever.

Your big on bolstering your take with personal insults aren't you? Is watching a IPTV illegal? As far as I know those IPTV companies haven't been banned, although one one think it would be simple enough if they were so obviously doing something illegal as you claim.
Let the person that has never ever done anything illegal cast the first stone, otherwise get off your high horse. Some times it's necessary to fight a corrupt system like what is in place by what ever tools you have available. I feel what is happening, is exactly what is needed to fight the exploitation taking place by cable/satellite companies with their built in monopolies, their lobbyists, and all the cash they have to control the system. Cry me a river because some consumers fight back. Be a sheep and pay what ever they demand if you like, just quit with the moral judgments.
You see the name of this thread? It's a call to consumer to fight back. Perhaps you should start a thread calling for everyone to bow down to big business because that would be the right thing to do.:L

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your big on bolstering your take with personal insults aren't you? Is watching a IPTV illegal? As far as I know those IPTV companies haven't been banned, although one one think it would be simple enough if they were so obviously doing something illegal as you claim.
Let the person that has never ever done anything illegal cast the first stone, otherwise get off your high horse. Some times it's necessary to fight a corrupt system like what is in place by what ever tools you have available. I feel what is happening, is exactly what is needed to fight the exploitation taking place by cable/satellite companies with their built in monopolies, their lobbyists, and all the cash they have to control the system. Cry me a river because some consumers fight back. Be a sheep and pay what ever they demand if you like, just quit with the moral judgments.
You see the name of this thread? It's a call to consumer to fight back. Perhaps you should start a thread calling for everyone to bow down to big business because that would be the right thing to do.:L
Like i said you cant seem to read very well.

Pirated streams is not fighting the cable company. Legit IPTV like Hulu Live TV, Youtube TV, Playstation Vue, Sling TV, AT&T Now, Philo, Fubo, etc are fighting the cable company with legit services with proper distribution licenses.

You keep trying to make this into some movement instead of just people stealing.

It isnt a moral judgement, it is theft. Theft is theft. If you want to have the moral high ground then dont watch their services, but dont go and steal them lol.

Insults come because stupid people talk, those who cant bother to read and understand what they read, stupid people like you.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="NU_FTW, post: 14141331, member: 11677"]Dumbass is trying to say that fighting taxation without representation is the same thing stealing goods/services.......... lmfao seriously[/QUOTE]
Can't help your self can you ( with the insulting anyone that doesn't agree with you)? You obviously miss the point. Just because something is illegal doesn't necessarily make it wrong. That's the point I was making. We got big business controlling the legislation with their lobbyists and they already have a natural monopoly due to the initial cost of entering the industry. Something needs to keep them in check and due to them having a iron fist controlling legislation it going to take what is happening to happen.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help your self can you ( with the insulting anyone that doesn't agree with you)? You obviously miss the point. Just because something is illegal doesn't necessarily make it wrong. That's the point I was making. We got big business controlling the legislation with their lobbyists and they already have a natural monopoly due to the initial cost of entering the industry. Something needs to keep them in check and due to them having a iron fist controlling legislation it going to take what is happening to happen.
Your point is that you dont like paying money for goods and services and since these guys have a bunch of money it is okay to steal. That is the point you are making.

You tried to equate fighting oppression of taxes without representation to be the same thing as fighting the good fight by stealing goods and services.

LOL you are clueless

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact i call you a dumbass, does not make it any less true.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said you cant seem to read very well.

Pirated streams is not fighting the cable company. Legit IPTV like Hulu Live TV, Youtube TV, Playstation Vue, Sling TV, AT&T Now, Philo, Fubo, etc are fighting the cable company with legit services with proper distribution licenses.

You keep trying to make this into some movement instead of just people stealing.

It isnt a moral judgement, it is theft. Theft is theft. If you want to have the moral high ground then dont watch their services, but dont go and steal them lol.

Insults come because stupid people talk, those who cant bother to read and understand what they read, stupid people like you.
All those companies are dependent on cable and satellite companies to transmit their content and have to agree to the terms laid out by said companies. Said companies control the air waves, they charge what they want. I object to such a monopoly and will happily screw them when I can. You carry on with your campaign to champion big business if that works for you.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those companies are dependent on cable and satellite companies to transmit their content and have to agree to the terms laid out by said companies. Said companies control the air waves, they charge what they want. I object to such a monopoly and will happily screw them when I can. You carry on with your campaign to champion big business if that works for you.
No they dont rely on cable and sat companies, some of them (sling tv and AT&T Now) are the cable companies, but they deal with the content owners....

Either way it doesnt change theft from being theft.

Tell you what how about i come take all your money and spend it cuz i dont wana spend my own money, seems fair, ill do it in the name of fighting the man!! Cool!! ---What kinda stupid argument that would be if i were serious

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point is that you dont like paying money for goods and services and since these guys have a bunch of money it is okay to steal. That is the point you are making.

You tried to equate fighting oppression of taxes without representation to be the same thing as fighting the good fight by stealing goods and services.

LOL you are clueless
You make it tempting to climb into the ditch with you . I may subsume to the temptation eventually. I have no problem paying for services rendered up to a point. I was paying comcast $225 a month for their services which were lacking and started watching stuff on Kodi because it wasn't available on Comcast. Then they wanted to hit me with another increase. I had enough at that point to revolt.

Screw the cable company!

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make it tempting to climb into the ditch with you . I may subsume to the temptation eventually. I have no problem paying for services rendered up to a point. I was paying comcast $225 a month for their services which were lacking and started watching stuff on Kodi because it wasn't available on Comcast. Then they wanted to hit me with another increase. I had enough at that point to revolt.

Screw the cable company!
yes screw the cable company with legit alternatives. THose are things like Hulu Live, Playstation Vue, Youtube TV, Sling TV, AT&T Now, Philo, Fubo..................

LOL now it comes out, you are fighting this because you too are a thief trying to find justification for stealing.

So dont pay comcast 225 a month the above alternatives are 16-50 per month.

I dont want to pay for all the crap my wife buys but im not out stealing just because i wana stick it to the man, i mean big box stores have insurance to cover shrink so its not hurting anybody right?

So let me spend your money because i dont want to spend my own, that way i have a cause to fight for mmmkay?

Advocating for people to steal cable isnt a revolution, it is just scummy behavior. Either dont utilize their services thus not paying for it or find an alternative that suits your wants needs at a better rate.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes screw the cable company with legit alternatives. THose are things like Hulu Live, Playstation Vue, Youtube TV, Sling TV, AT&T Now, Philo, Fubo..................

LOL now it comes out, you are fighting this because you too are a thief trying to find justification for stealing.

So dont pay comcast 225 a month the above alternatives are 16-50 per month.

I dont want to pay for all the crap my wife buys but im not out stealing just because i wana stick it to the man, i mean big box stores have insurance to cover shrink so its not hurting anybody right?

So let me spend your money because i dont want to spend my own, that way i have a cause to fight for mmmkay?

Advocating for people to steal cable isnt a revolution, it is just scummy behavior. Either dont utilize their services thus not paying for it or find an alternative that suits your wants needs at a better rate.
Discussion over because your just rambling and making no sense, coming up with ridiculous comparisons with your wife and you stealing. Take a chill pill and try not to be such a douchebag in the future.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As has been mentioned previously, there's nothing illegal about watching "stolen" content. It's illegal to steal the content. The people doing that, and re-broadcasting the signal, are the ones breaking the law. He isn't "stealing" content any more than I would be in my previous Gone With the Wind analogy.

What this really boils down to is there's essentially a "black market" for "cable TV services". The reason this market exists is because there's substantial demand for services at rates less than cable companies charge.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stole an ether net cable from the cable company once.

But I'm a rebel, so....