• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank the SEC Jobs

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif
Exactly, this is what you do when you get your ass handed to you, and there simply isn't a single thing you can post to the contrary. I'll take the W and move on.

chicago_cubs_w_flag_alt_pic.jpg

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont speak for everyone

Well, let's look at it from another angle: the five college sports that garner the most attention on a nationwide scale are football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball & softball. The Pac-12, as a conference, is really good at two of those sports, and a few of its members are good at one or two of the other sports; but how many championships, runners-up, or final fours have they made in anything other than baseball & softball in the last five years (from these five sports)?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC has 2 of the last 5 that means 3 were other.

go 10 and its
SEC 5
Pac 3
2 other

go 15
SEC 6
Pac 5
4 other

these arent dominating numbers and are in face close.

I would say the SEC and Pac-12 (along with Oklahoma in softball) have been co-dominant in the major Spring Sports over the last 10 years or so - both from the number of championships & the number of teams placed in the CWS & WCWS.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Sun Belt didn't own college baseball when Coastal Carolina won the title. All winning a title means is a conference has one great team, doesn't have any bearing on the rest of the league.

True. And, an interesting side note about the Chanticleers baseball title: When they entered the playoffs that season, it was as the champions of the Big South Conference, but since the College World Series finished after June 1st, they won it as members of the Sun Belt Conference.