• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking For HULU Information

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry For Long Write Up:

Finally convinced mother-in-law we can cut the cord and she can still get quality TV. She mostly watched CNN and some TV shows. I noticed they have HULU + Live TV for $64.99 it has three or four local channels to my area. I also noticed the have Disney+ ESPN + it looks like I could get the HULU + LIve TV and the Disney Bundle for $72.99 per month, still a lot cheaper than the cost of cable. Does anyone have this option? Am I reading this correctly for $72.99 I get the whole nine yards? I would still need to keep my ISP but I can cut that Bill and save about $45.00 per month.

Also any personal like and dislikes about HULU would be appreciated.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry For Long Write Up:

Finally convinced mother-in-law we can cut the cord and she can still get quality TV. She mostly watched CNN and some TV shows. I noticed they have HULU + Live TV for $64.99 it has three or four local channels to my area. I also noticed the have Disney+ ESPN + it looks like I could get the HULU + LIve TV and the Disney Bundle for $72.99 per month, still a lot cheaper than the cost of cable. Does anyone have this option? Am I reading this correctly for $72.99 I get the whole nine yards? I would still need to keep my ISP but I can cut that Bill and save about $45.00 per month.

Hulu and prime are probably the best of the streamers. Hulu specifically has the best mix of original programming, “blockbuster movies” and the added service of near-live broadcast reruns (the shows they have access to are on their service the “next day”). Prime and Netflix don’t even have this service to compare.

Unfortunately, the shows they are able to do this with are very limited.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hulu and prime are probably the best of the streamers. Hulu specifically has the best mix of original programming, “blockbuster movies” and the added service of near-live broadcast reruns (the shows they have access to are on their service the “next day”). Prime and Netflix don’t even have this service to compare.

Unfortunately, the shows they are able to do this with are very limited.
I have Netflix and Prime already. I figure with the HULU + Live TV I should have more than enough options. At least it seems like I should

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry For Long Write Up:

Look into getting the Hulu (no ads) Disney & ESPN plus bundle for 20 bucks per month. (no hulu live)
But then get sling for live TV for 30 bucks a month.

Also, there is no reason the pay a cent to get local channels in your area ....just hook up an HD antenna to your TV
The local HD channels I get with my HD antenna is the best quality picture I get period.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Netflix > Prime > Hulu

But if we're talkin live TV streaming then Hulu jumps up.

If CNN is a driver then I'd look into Sling TV. It's cheaper.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hulu jacks up the price $10 every year, Cable for 12-month deal is cheaper from most places.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry For Long Write Up:

I have that one and like it except for a couple things:
Hulu is the one app that seems to have the most glitches. Loses connectivity more than any other and sometimes makes my tv’s sound messed up.
If you get Hulu live, it also gives you damn commercials on all their other stuff, which really annoys me. If I were more motivated, I’d probably downgrade to the no ads version and get a sling or something.