• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TV Schedule Explained (ESPN+) etc

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this on the blog but I'm still confused. If I have DirecTV and have TNT, ESPN and Bally's sports west
Would I need ESPN+ to watch any of the games?

There seems to be endless confusion about the TV viewing options so allow me to summarize and please upvote so we don't get 800 comments asking the same question. To do this, I will present two hypotheticals, one being a LA Kings fan in the LA Kings TV market and a Kings fan who is Out of Area:

1) Kings fan IN LA Market
To watch a Kings game you will need a subscription to Bally Sports West to watch Kings games
UNLESS
a) It is one of the games being broadcast exclusively via streaming on the ESPN+ app (see 10/22, 11/5). However, besides these games all LA Kings games (and Ducks, but who cares) will be marked as "BLACKED OUT" on ESPN+ since you are inside the LA viewing area.
b) It is one of the games being broadcast nationally on TNT or ESPN. In that case, you will still need some type of cable or online streaming (YouTubeTV etc) to watch the games.

2) Kings Fan OUTSIDE OF LA Market
To watch a Kings game, you will need a subscription to the ESPN+ app which has wholesale replaced NHL.tv. Good news, this arrangement is basically a dream come true for you since you will get every LA Kings game and every other non-cable NHL game for $6 bucks a month. Since you are not in the LA Kings tv market, the Kings games will be listed without the blackout restriction listed in the previous scenario.

UNLESS
a) It is one of the games being broadcast nationally on TNT or ESPN.

WTF NHL?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it looks like
Balleys most games
Unless it is Only on ESPN + then you need ESPN + Hulu
Or if it is on TNT or ESPN local then you need access to those ( which you have)

So yes there is a chance you can’t see games without ESPN + or Hulu
So 6 game for sure and 5 games that don’t have a channel listed yet.