• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TV Deal Reached

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details here:

The schedule features 63 regular season games for the upcoming 2023-24 campaign on Bally Sports West and six games on KCAL-TV (Channel 9). With 13 additional games nationally televised, this year’s broadcast schedule provides expanded reach for Kings Fans across multiple broadcast and streaming outlets.

All 82 games covered.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be weird with the new annoucing crew. I never really listened to the radio to hear Nick and Darrell. I really only watched the Kings. Then you add Jim to to the group, gonna be interesting.
I get Faust wasnt the best but it kinda sucks to see him not renewed.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be weird with the new annoucing crew. I never really listened to the radio to hear Nick and Darrell. I really only watched the Kings. Then you add Jim to to the group, gonna be interesting.

Nickson used to do color on the simulcast with Miller back in the day. Then Nickson went on the Radio with Evans and Fox joined the TV crew.
I remember when Fox first started. He was nervous and dealt with a bit of a speech impermeant. Fox has come a long away and has done a great job as one of the best color guys in the league.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nickson used to do color on the simulcast with Miller back in the day. Then Nickson went on the Radio with Evans and Fox joined the TV crew.
I remember when Fox first started. He was nervous and dealt with a bit of a speech impermeant. Fox has come a long away and has done a great job as one of the best color guys in the league.

I think it's going to be solid. Nickson is amazing on radio and has great insight to the game and isn't a homer. I remember on Kings Talk back in the day he didn't hold back when the Kings put up a stinker.

Fox connects with the audience in the way he explains the game. It isn't needed much for guys like us but I enjoy his more educational aspect of it.

Evans adds that little bit of flair the Kings need and also obviously played as a historical member of the Kings.

I'm looking forward to this trio. Was never a fan of Faust, he became tolerable over the years more than anything, especially when he would go into Story Time between plays. Dude butchered players' names left and right too. Good luck and good bye.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Coyotes Kings preseason, Nickson killed it. Massive improvement over Faust, good to hear him call a game to see what he is like.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usd to have Sirius Radio, and was listening to Nick announce the Stanley Cup final game while driving to my hotel.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game last night, Nickson is heads and shoulders above Faust and a major improvement. Very enjoyable to listen to.

Faust had it tough to begin with, Bob Miller is basically irreplaceable so I understand he had some huge shoes to fill and the cards were stacked against him from the get go. But 3-4 years into his gig and still not pronouncing names right, the excessive filler material, etc and it was the right move.

Faust will land on his feet somewhere, my guess is probably MLB if he hasn't already. His tone, delivery and structure is meant for a much slower speed sport than hockey.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game last night, Nickson is heads and shoulders above Faust and a major improvement. Very enjoyable to listen to.

Faust had it tough to begin with, Bob Miller is basically irreplaceable so I understand he had some huge shoes to fill and the cards were stacked against him from the get go. But 3-4 years into his gig and still not pronouncing names right, the excessive filler material, etc and it was the right move.

Faust will land on his feet somewhere, my guess is probably MLB if he hasn't already. His tone, delivery and structure is meant for a much slower speed sport than hockey.
I agree. There were times that Faust was basically talking with Fox and Oh by the way there was a game going on. Unfortunately, Nickson is no spring chicken so who knows how long he will stick around. Then what will we be stuck with?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that was one of my biggest peeves. Dude, no one wants to hear your extended completely off topic story, please just call the game (oh hey! Kopitar just scored!). Nickson does exactly that and the chemistry between Fox and Nickson appears better just from what I've seen in 3 PS games.

Good point about a successor but I don't see Nickson leaving for some time. I hope they've considered someone for the future and I hope it isn't another Faust.