• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G62 31-19-11 Kings vs Sens 3/7/24

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Englund not happy getting hit in the head, yoinked Kelly down

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm delayed, I have a DTV tech coming tomorrow so I'm using 66. Never used it before, not bad.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batherson showing Turcotte where to put the puck on those shots and not to hesitate.

Kings need the points with Edmonton losing.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all i have that works after dumping DTV

I've been trying, I watch other stuff on DTV. I need to make a list of my 5 most watched channels, see if I can get them through another service and leave DTV - my bill is $160 a month plus all the other streaming stuff so it adds up.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Contact to the head"? Da fuq penalty is that? Should have been a major.

Is that idiot O'Rourke reffing again tonight?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying, I watch other stuff on DTV. I need to make a list of my 5 most watched channels, see if I can get them through another service and leave DTV - my bill is $160 a month plus all the other streaming stuff so it adds up.

Nhl is it for me mostly, wife has prime and Netflix ....way more than i need....this 66 thing is a superstar for me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of my point though. He gets points, which is the only metric anyone uses to say he's that much better, but their team never improves. I just remember Ottawa beating LA last year and the Sens trolls were out in full force saying how LA messed up taking Byfield over Stutzle.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Contact to the head"? Da fuq penalty is that? Should have been a major.

Is that idiot O'Rourke reffing again tonight?

"Too small to be a threat"

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of my point though. He gets points, which is the only metric anyone uses to say he's that much better, but their team never improves. I just remember Ottawa beating LA last year and the Sens trolls were out in full force saying how LA messed up taking Byfield over Stutzle.

Takes time, he can only do so much on his own....Fiala!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLD absolutely dominated that last shift, Fiala kicked it up a notch after not getting the call earlier on the shift which he should have.

Ugly win but a win, Kings needed that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been messing with the 66 for a few years and there was this period of a few months where I think they tried to take it down. Other than that, it's been great. Only issue I see is with the TNT game or ESPN, sometimes the 66 can't get it streaming. But I rock the iHeartRadio radio broadcast for those games. But I haven't had cable in like 10+ years because the money of course, but the commercials and the lack of content anyway. I got Bally's last year but they don't even have every game. Missing like every 3rd game.

I have HBO Maxx (Now just "Max"). Hulu Plus. Cancelled Netflix because it was just becoming more and more filler stuff. Ozark and some shows are great, but once you see them, I feel like I didn't need Netflix anymore. And I added Peacock last year for $60 up front for the year. Additional $6/month for zero commercials. Those 3 provide a pretty good chunk of content honestly.

And I got NFL + this year just for Redzone for those 4 months or so NFL is on. Basically only Sundays, but it was worth it to me. Redzone is a game changer, even if you are a casual football fan. It's just like the most American thing there is. When he comes on with the intro of "It's time! Time for 7 hours of commercial-free football!". And it delivers.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody said that until this year, and if Buster didn't heavily elevate his game this year like he has they still would be. Buster may end up becoming the more complete player, but looking at it objectively, Stutzle has the numbers to back it up and will until Buster catches or passes him. I've said it before, I wouldn't have taken either of them, Lucas Raymond would have been my pick.

Still can't blame Stutzle for his team being crappy, that's on ownership and management. He's just out there doing his job.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been messing with the 66 for a few years and there was this period of a few months where I think they tried to take it down. Other than that, it's been great. Only issue I see is with the TNT game or ESPN, sometimes the 66 can't get it streaming. But I rock the iHeartRadio radio broadcast for those games. But I haven't had cable in like 10+ years because the money of course, but the commercials and the lack of content anyway. I got Bally's last year but they don't even have every game. Missing like every 3rd game.

First experience wasn't bad, I used my HDMI and hooked it up to the TV and it worked great. But then my battery died on my laptop and I had to go back to my monitor in my office, which actually wasn't bad. Grabbed some food, kicked my feet up on the desk and watched the game. I'll definitely be using it again.

One issue I did have though is I have nothing but nice Samsung LEDs all over the house, their internet app didn't open up 66. Gave me some weird message about "further configuration needed" on the two I tried in different rooms. I wanted to try it in the man cave but that is an old beat up Vizio my buddy gave me, not a smart TV and I have to use the Firestick on that one but the wifi is weak in there. The Amazon Silk browser didn't even go to the 66 page so I just went back inside.

Wifi out there has been an ongoing issue, been researching mesh systems and thinking I may move to that. I have extenders now but the one upstairs works for all the TVs and kids, the one in the garage sucks balls because of too much interference.

I have HBO Maxx (Now just "Max"). Hulu Plus. Cancelled Netflix because it was just becoming more and more filler stuff. Ozark and some shows are great, but once you see them, I feel like I didn't need Netflix anymore. And I added Peacock last year for $60 up front for the year. Additional $6/month for zero commercials. Those 3 provide a pretty good chunk of content honestly.

I just got Max in January when I saw S4 of True Detective was coming out, that is such a great franchise. Then I started exploring and there is some really cool stuff on Max. I have the Disney/ESPN+/Hulu (all no ads) through Verizon, Junior I needed a new phone so last month we got him one and the rep told me they have a perk for Verizon customers, it's $10.99 per month and you can pay an extra $5 for no ads so that's what I switched to for $15.99 per month. I had all that through Disney direct for years and the price gradually kept going up, they recently bumped it up to $24.99 for that same bundle. I'm basically saving $10 a month going through Verizon instead of direct. If you have Verizon for cell phones, check it out. It's right there when you explore your account online or on the MyVerizon app.

I also have Prime, Netflix and History (which is linked through my DTV, otherwise I'd have to pay for that). If I can get all the crap I need and ditch DTV, I will. I have to fight them tooth and nail for any discounts and since AT&T acquired them in 2015 or whatever their service has gone to hell and the cost has gone up. I have the mid level packages with no add ons like Showtime, HBO, etc. and it's still about $160-170 a month because of 7 TVs and receivers, their mid level package pricing, etc. Ten years ago my bill was like $100.

And of course to watch any of this we all need internet, we have Spectrum and AT&T here and AT&T sucks so I've been with Spectrum since 2010 or so. I have the highest speed available (1 TB? GB?) and it's $90 a month.

When you sit down and really look at all the services we pay for, it may seem like $5 here and $10 there but it all adds up. Us consumers get hosed but we have no other choices really.

And I got NFL + this year just for Redzone for those 4 months or so NFL is on. Basically only Sundays, but it was worth it to me. Redzone is a game changer, even if you are a casual football fan. It's just like the most American thing there is. When he comes on with the intro of "It's time! Time for 7 hours of commercial-free football!". And it delivers.

I was so pissed when I heard last spring Sunday Ticket was moving to YouTube TV. Reluctantly I got it and it was a complete disaster compared to DTV - streaming issues, freezing mid play, etc. Plus you couldn't just get Sunday Ticket, you had to subscribe to YouTube TV to get ACCESS to Sunday Ticket - two entirely different charges. Between the two I was paying about $150 a month and for the season it ended up costing me close to $600 vs the usual $300 I used to pay with DTV, I was annoyed AF every Sunday when I put on a Giants game instead of just being able to enjoy it. This cost was in addition to everything I listed above. I am not going to do that again this fall, I'll find another way to watch the Giants - maybe just go to the bar for the games I want to watch and catch whatever games they have on national TV (interestingly enough, business DTV accounts like restaurants, bars, etc. were allowed to keep the Sunday Ticket rights and able to show games - just residential customers had to move to YTTV). The experience with YTTV was awful, never again and I don't recommend it to anyone.

I've heard about Red Zone, that was an add on through Sunday Ticket this season but I didn't get it, it was going to be another higher level base charge for Sunday Ticket. From my understading you can get that as a standalone or through a provider though like DTV or Spectrum or whoever. I don't know how I'd feel about having 4 games on my 75" though, I'd probably have a seizure or something not to mention not really being able to see one particular game.

Last edited: