• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want to screw the cable company

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This moron doesnt even have a clue, just making up bullshit to justify him stealing content via 3rd parties (hes not directly stealing but he is utilizing stolen content)
Yeah, not going to get into name calling or the stuff on the streaming legality. That isn't where my specialty is.

I do like to read what those of you using streaming services are seeing, but had to correct a fallacious statement about the current cost and status nationally of particularly fiber speed internet.

We will soon see a substantial increase in 10gbps availability as more 10gbps home/business products hit the market and prices come down as well as the backbone increases going in for 5G wireless/cell. Sure, initial speeds for 5G are only 300mbps, but the plan is go expand it to 10gbps which would mean the backbone has to increase another 20 fold. Splintering off 300m - 10g channels for wired users will also expand.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been in IT for over 30 years and have made purchases/suggestions to businesses and home users alike. I sure can't speak to your exact neighborhood, but I have paid fairly close attention to the overall national market and I can say that either the services increase and/or the prices continue to decrease and it's been pretty steady for quite a few years. Like back to the housing collapse and some of the downturn that happened after that. I'd say the last 7-8 years have been steady growth.

And the outlook looks to continue the trend. We are heading more and more to an internet driven consumption for just about everything and the backend investments in infrastructure are continuing. It isn't just because of the decreasing market for cable vs streaming, but that is a part of it for sure. Shopping, social media, IoT, AI data services such as real time driving information, meal services, driving services, offer up and their ilk, etc.

The cable providers that ran a ton of the existing infrastructure know their future is in ISP, not TV. Xfinity is fighting hard to keep growing in this space. Cell providers are fighting in this space as well.

If you've looked at all into the coming 5G expansion, that too is going farther into the fiber speed internet backbone and the amount of new systems needed for it will be massive.

It's going to continue and at an ever increasing speed. It won't be long until 10G is live in most major markets. And not for thousands a month. It's going to be for what 1G is going for now.

Yes, i do agree that cable has realized they are going to have be internet providers and not content providers. You are correct on the future direction too. Once SpaceX and and Amazon put out their satellite services you will see a big decrease in the price of fiber. And Dish and Direct TV and other Satellite companies will probably have to sell out.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didnt answer the questions numbnutz.

I am not Typing out all 300. Here are a few. You can google them.

PatriotSteamz
PROGO
IgniteStreamz
MapleStreamz
Wonderbox
Blastoff
CrystalClear
JetTVNow
Area 51
Eternaltv
LOL you are a moron. They are illegally redistributing content they dont have the rights to distribute.

What dont you get about that???

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you are a moron. They are illegally redistributing content they dont have the rights to distribute.

What dont you get about that???

Prove it.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not going to get into name calling or the stuff on the streaming legality. That isn't where my specialty is.

I do like to read what those of you using streaming services are seeing, but had to correct a fallacious statement about the current cost and status nationally of particularly fiber speed internet.

We will soon see a substantial increase in 10gbps availability as more 10gbps home/business products hit the market and prices come down as well as the backbone increases going in for 5G wireless/cell. Sure, initial speeds for 5G are only 300mbps, but the plan is go expand it to 10gbps which would mean the backbone has to increase another 20 fold. Splintering off 300m - 10g channels for wired users will also expand.
I have used all the legal streaming services. I love Youtube TV my kids like Pluto TV and switch back and forth between that Disney+ Netflix and YTTV.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have used all the legal streaming services. I love Youtube TV my kids like Pluto TV and switch back and forth between that Disney+ Netflix and YTTV.
While I have netflix, amazon, hulu +, I also still have cable because I just can't live without all of the extended sports options mostly. Sooner or later something will happen and I can get all of the local programming and extended sports without cable and I'll join you guys. I fear it won't be soon though.

And no, HD antenna is not an option where I live for local stuff. WAY WAY WAY too far out.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn off your VPN, Call yoru ISP have them check your usage and ask them if they see any red flags.... this will provide sufficient evidence

I dont even use a VPN. They can say what they want but they are blowing smoke. Do you really think the FCC would allow all this for years and years? Hell here is a website in plain view with all those channels. Not hard to find. Why is it allowed to exist?

You are being redirected...

It even has an EPG. Has probably more channels then BoobTube tv service too.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I have netflix, amazon, hulu +, I also still have cable because I just can't live without all of the extended sports options mostly. Sooner or later something will happen and I can get all of the local programming and extended sports without cable and I'll join you guys. I fear it won't be soon though.

And no, HD antenna is not an option where I live for local stuff. WAY WAY WAY too far out.
Well i havent found a good way to get the pac 12 network so there is that hurdle but i think that is more about their marketing. I have all the espn and fox and acc b1g sec networks and a bunch of that stuff just no pac12 network. as far as teh NFL goes ive been very meh on that for quite some time, product has turned to crap as such i dont care about it :D OH and i get 100% of my locals

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Local programming is always tough. Sports though you can go to 1 of those sites on the web I linked. There are plenty more websites too.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont even use a VPN. They can say what they want but they are blowing smoke. Do you really think the FCC would allow all this for years and years? Hell here is a website in plain view with all those channels. Not hard to find. Why is it allowed to exist?

Dear lord it is the INTERNET, it isnt as simple as flipping a switch and turning it off.

What you are doing is 100% not legal, that is why there is no anywhere app access for the major networks to login with yoru pirate tv credentials.

just because it hasnt been stopped doesnt make it legal. "well why hasnt gangs been shut down if they was illegal" der der der

by your logic murder must be legal because it hasnt been stopped

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That site suggests a VPN to use to protect yourself. That's kind of a red flag right there. Their legal section simply says they don't directly provide the content, they forward the link and that it's not illegal for you to watch it. That's loophole language on pirate sites.

There are commercials on many of those networks listed and it's gray area depending on where they are stealing that signal from. At least due in part to the bandwidth they are pushing to their users that other sites are providing without paying for it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear lord it is the INTERNET, it isnt as simple as flipping a switch and turning it off.

What you are doing is 100% not legal, that is why there is no anywhere app access for the major networks to login with yoru pirate tv credentials.

just because it hasnt been stopped doesnt make it illegal. "well why hasnt gangs been shut down if they was illegal" der der der

by your logic murder must be legal because it hasnt been stopped

You are no longer even being rational or coherent. The US authorities have not even attempted to shut down anything other than the few that were flat out stealing content. US Websites can be shut down quite easily. They just refuse to do it because they have not declared them illegal. TV content will soon be free again. The internet is worldwide and you cant force other countries to obey your copyright laws. Programs will be plastered everywhere and it is already happening.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the ustvgo.tv site is offshore. If you want to know why so many can exist for years without being shutdown, it's largely because of the difficulty in stopping piracy from other countries.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That site suggests a VPN to use to protect yourself. That's kind of a red flag right there. Their legal section simply says they don't directly provide the content, they forward the link and that it's not illegal for you to watch it. That's loophole language on pirate sites.

There are commercials on many of those networks listed and it's gray area depending on where they are stealing that signal from. At least due in part to the bandwidth they are pushing to their users that other sites are providing without paying for it.
I have never stated that the End User might face legal action (of course the big boys would love that) jsut that the content distributors are 100% not doing so legally, which is beyond obvious to anybody with a brain.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the ustvgo.tv site is offshore. If you want to know why so many can exist for years without being shutdown, it's largely because of the difficulty in stopping piracy from other countries.
No!! Apparently you can just throw a switch and shut them down.

you must be wrong!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes exactly. It is not illegal to watch anything on the web. It is not up to the consumer to figure out if the provider has all the licensing. That is for the authorities to determine.

The VPN thing is more for privacy then anything else.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes exactly. It is not illegal to watch anything on the web. It is not up to the consumer to figure out if the provider has all the licensing. That is for the authorities to determine.

The VPN thing is more for privacy then anything else.
MORON i never made the claim it was illegal to watch i said they were pirated streams to which you argued they were not... now you are backtracking and trying to talk out of your ass!! LMFAO

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never stated that the End User might face legal action (of course the big boys would love that) jsut that the content distributors are 100% not doing so legally, which is beyond obvious to anybody with a brain.
Well no. They word things in a way to make it seem more legit. I don't blame people that aren't insiders for not being able to tell the difference.

And yes, as long as the channels have their commercials still running on them it isn't likely the end user gets in legal trouble, but it isn't impossible either.

I personally don't want to use questionable services. I want legal streaming I pay for that is stable. That's a minimum.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, Prove it.