• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GSW will re-trade DA Russell

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is,

This is actually a decent thread. But because of your reputation, you still get killed.

And when you post stupid things on the internet you are going to get called out for it. It is a simple fact of life.

Maybe instead of ignoring everybody you should learn from your mistakes and get better.

Another possibility is that the likes of @ChiefsLakers67 and @DJ haven't exactly earned their acutal reputations and are self-proclaimed message board legends that are "popular" simply because of the team they root for. :nod:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another possibility is that the likes of @ChiefsLakers67 and @DJ haven't exactly earned their acutal reputations and are self-proclaimed message board legends that are "popular" simply because of the team they root for. :nod:

damn, tubbo, you're weirding me out...

who cares about "earning" anything on a sports message board...?

oh wait, YOU do...

"Lakers fans get special treatment" lmfao...

"self proclaimed legends" wow...

this is some SERIOUS delusion, son. seek help...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has at least half a dozen people on ignore.

And this thread is probably his best. Yet, even here, his horrid posting style is in full effect. Claiming that the Warriors are “actively shopping D’Lo” right now is stupid.

I believe D’Lo probably does get traded eventually. But it wouldn't Make sense for GS to do it now unless they got the perfect return. And that is a lot more likely in time.

While this is nowhere near the stupidity of saying that Middleton will sign a team friendly deal or that Hill, Snell and Ilyasova could be traded for Paul George, AD 100% not being traded, or even him posting about Giannis winning DPOY after Gobert had actually won it. But the certainty with which he talks about things happening that are somewhere in the neighborhood of impossible to completely fabricated is flat out insane.

And then he gets mad when people tell him he is wrong.

And guess what? He is always wrong.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, tubbo, you're weirding me out...

who cares about "earning" anything on a sports message board...?

oh wait, YOU do...

"Lakers fans get special treatment" lmfao...

"self proclaimed legends" wow...

this is some SERIOUS delusion, son. seek help...

That part is actually correct and you know it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has at least half a dozen people on ignore.

And this thread is probably his best. Yet, even here, his horrid posting style is in full effect. Claiming that the Warriors are “actively shopping D’Lo” right now is stupid.

I believe D’Lo probably does get traded eventually. But it wouldn't Make sense for GS to do it now unless they got the perfect return. And that is a lot more likely in time.

While this is nowhere near the stupidity of saying that Middleton will sign a team friendly deal or that Hill, Snell and Ilyasova could be traded for Paul George, AD 100% not being traded, or even him posting about Giannis winning DPOY after Gobert had actually won it. But the certainty with which he talks about things happening that are somewhere in the neighborhood of impossible to completely fabricated is flat out insane.

And then he gets mad when people tell him he is wrong.

And guess what? He is always wrong.

Read something today they can't trade him until December anyway

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read something today they can't trade him until December anyway
I'm pretty sure this is not correct since the deal isn't official yet...

Can you provide a link?

That is unless what you read has meant that he needs to approve on his final destination (which is correct because Russell is a "sign and trade" and this applies in him coming from the Nets and approve the FINAL team he ends up with).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still don't get it...

1. If GSW didn't get Russell, they would be left without assets to trade in the market and because of it, they would have no chance to make it in the playoffs this season...

Of course it was a Russell for AD trade... Despite what it looks... All the rest involved is for GSW to dump salary and go below the lux tax threshold...

Russell doesn't fit with GSW game... This is more than obvious to anyone that knows some basics on the game, he is a ballhandler while GSW has Curry to handle the ball...
The only reason they got Russell is because he is the asset to have in terms of providing back players that the Warriors need and dump more cap space... But also, because combo guards that are exceptional ballhandlers are rare in the NBA and therefore much wanted.

Therefore they got Russell in order to trade him now... If they fail to trade him, that will come as a surprise given the demand there is for players with Russell's qualities...

In the odd case they will fail however, they'll work hard to achieve a deal by Dec the 15th, but this may cost GSW the playoffs... Therefore the most possible case scenario is that they will trade him now...

What they ideally are looking to get back is AT LEAST an off the ball shooting guard and a big small forward and then at reasonable salaries... So... Don't be surprised if a team with cap space signs and trades to GSW one out of the Morris twins (just an example), packs him with a shooting guard out of their roster (and perhaps another role player too) and ships them all to the Warriors for Russell.

You keep repeating yourself and ignoring the problems with your argument.

Everyone understands why the Warriors made the trade for Russell.

Everyone understands the argument that Russell is a bad fit for the Warriors. Those of us who have actually WATCHED Russell play this year more than once or twice, know this argument is overstated but not wrong.

Give an example of a team you think would make this magic move. Explain how you think it works. How do the Warriors do a sign and trade with Russell when they don't own the rights to him officially until July 6th? FTR, once he signs his sign and trade contract with the Warriors he's officially signed and can't be traded until March.

So explain how this all works and what team(s) would be interested in getting Russell that have the ability to do so. DON'T just regurgitate the same argument you keep saying that you think is super brilliant but is just blind spitballing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you provide a link?

That is unless what you read has meant that he needs to approve on his final destination (which is correct because Russell is a "sign and trade" and this applies in him coming from the Nets and approve the FINAL team he ends up with).

A sign and trade deal can only happen prior to July 6th.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you provide a link?

I mean I suppose the idea would be they add a third party to the trade and finalize it.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone understands the argument that Russell is a bad fit for the Warriors. Those of us who have actually WATCHED Russell play this year more than once or twice, know this argument is overstated but not wrong.

Give an example of a team you think would make this magic move. Explain how you think it works. How do the Warriors do a sign and trade with Russell when they don't own the rights to him officially until July 6th? FTR, once he signs his sign and trade contract with the Warriors he's officially signed and can't be traded until March.

So explain how this all works and what team(s) would be interested in getting Russell that have the ability to do so. DON'T just regurgitate the same argument you keep saying that you think is super brilliant but is just blind spitballing.

He did shoot 39 percent on catch and shoot 3s last year. The fit issue comes with defense imo. They will have some real issues defending wings until at least Klay comes back.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did shoot 39 percent on catch and shoot 3s last year. The fit issue comes with defense imo. They will have some real issues defending wings until at least Klay comes back.

Defense is definitely the big issue. Russell is a decent sized guard though and should be able to cover most 2s reasonably well.

Russell wasn't the ideal option for the Warriors but he was essentially the ONLY option. They are going to need him to play at a high level prior to Klay coming back.

But I would expect that the Warriors will stagger Steph and DLo a LOT. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't share 10 minutes of court time together per game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I suppose the idea would be they add a third party to the trade and finalize it.

The Warriors don't have rights to him until July 6th.

Buckalis probably read Mark Stein's comments that the Warriors were going to trade DLo soon and inferred that to me this week. That wasn't what Stein was suggesting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the only scenario I see as even possible, before the 6th add another team to the deal and send Russell to that new team instead.

THough for that to work some 3rd team has to get involved and add assets to end up in GSW that are comparable. I'd be interested in seeing this list of teams that would jump into the mix to get Russell and give up assets GSW would want. Remember, GSW can really go sign anyone with their cap situation so they can only grow by trades. So sending them an exception or money dump contract isn't appetizing to them.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors don't have rights to him until July 6th.

Buckalis probably read Mark Stein's comments that the Warriors were going to trade DLo soon and inferred that to me this week. That wasn't what Stein was suggesting.
I don't think it would be the Warriors flipping him, it would be an amended trade.

Side note, I don't recommend adding Dallas to the mix. One we don't need Russell and two three team trades aren't our forte lately.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is definitely the big issue. Russell is a decent sized guard though and should be able to cover most 2s reasonably well.

Russell wasn't the ideal option for the Warriors but he was essentially the ONLY option. They are going to need him to play at a high level prior to Klay coming back.

But I would expect that the Warriors will stagger Steph and DLo a LOT. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't share 10 minutes of court time together per game.

They will stagger.

But you really expect them to share less than 10 minutes?

That would imply D’Lo playing less than 25 minutes a game, which frankly would be incredibly stupid given their roster.

Steph and D’Lo will share plenty of court time. They have to.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would be the Warriors flipping him, it would be an amended trade.

That's possible but it is a LOT of moving parts. It would void the contract DLo agreed to. He would need to agree to the trade. Plus the cap finagling would be extremely complicated.

Side note, I don't recommend adding Dallas to the mix. One we don't need Russell and two three team trades aren't our forte lately.

Yeah I don't see the Mavs as a destination. PG is not the position the Mavs need to fill.

I honestly can't think of a team that fits the bill really. There are teams that would love to have DLo but they don't have the sort of assets that the Warriors would want. Because the Warriors would want win now assets that would really limit the market for Russell. Certainly the Lakers would love to have him but they have neither the cap or the assets for him. Same with the Rockets. And the Bucks. And the Pistons. And the Wolves. And the Kings. And the Pels.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's possible but it is a LOT of moving parts. It would void the contract DLo agreed to. He would need to agree to the trade. Plus the cap finagling would be extremely complicated.

Yeah I don't see the Mavs as a destination. PG is not the position the Mavs need to fill.

I honestly can't think of a team that fits the bill really. There are teams that would love to have DLo but they don't have the sort of assets that the Warriors would want. Because the Warriors would want win now assets that would really limit the market for Russell. Certainly the Lakers would love to have him but they have neither the cap or the assets for him. Same with the Rockets. And the Bucks. And the Pistons. And the Wolves. And the Kings. And the Pels.

Minnesota is one interesting fit.

Covington would headline the deal. But i'm not sure they have enough.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have already given examples and suggested teams in the O/P...

The Magic I think would probably be willing to give away Gordon if they were to add Russell in their roster... They clearly focus on Isaac more than Gordon for their future and have resigned Ross next to their constant Fournier as to end up with a full and competitive roster... Then they could add Iwundu and a pick perhaps?

Another very possible destination for Russell could be the Pelicans... Here is how this could possibly work... Pels sign and trade Marcus Morris and add Hurt + a couple of picks...

Another possible intetest for GSW would be the Suns (but I doubt that Russell would want to end up there)... Oumbre packed with KCP on a sign and trade for both + a couple of picks could work....

Then it's any team in the league with cap space to spend... Sign Marcus Morris and KCP on a sign and trade, add a role played and a pick and it should work...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will stagger.

But you really expect them to share less than 10 minutes?

That would imply D’Lo playing less than 25 minutes a game, which frankly would be incredibly stupid given their roster.

Steph and D’Lo will share plenty of court time. They have to.

No I would imagine they will play more than 10 minutes together. But I honestly could see Steph playing less than 30 minutes a game during the regular season with Steph there. I could see him playing 28 mpg and focusing on crunch time and giving Russell a ton of the minutes to run the point otherwise.

Technically they could both pay 29 mpg a game and still only have 10 minutes of shared court time. That would be a little ridiculous of course but the only way this move makes sense is if they expect to give DLo a TON of minutes with Steph off the court.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is one interesting fit.

Covington would headline the deal. But i'm not sure they have enough.

That is the one that jumps out.

Covington plus ?

If the Warriors could get Covington + 2 decent perimeter players that can provide quality bench minutes, they are back close to where they were in 2016.