• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we gonna be sellers and trade away JF and/or Jaylon Johnson.......??

I think we should keep JJ and let JF go......it would be mind numbing to think we dont go qb next year with our no.1(assuming we still have a top 3 pick)
If Bagent can get us points vs the Chargers next week and keep us in games rest of the season,he most likley is in for a roster spot next year......

Any other player that could be traded .......??

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson wearing stand out clothing and doing the dollar bills after his pick...Dude is ready to get PAID. LOL.

He's good and 24 years old...Don't you usually want to keep those players?

If they trade him and he balls out Roquan style it's going to piss me off to no end. I'm tired of letting go of good players. We shouldn't be doing that anymore with draft picks and cap space.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears aren't trading Fields in season. I don't even see why it would be up for discussion. If Poles goes into the offseason with the #1 pick then I could see him formulate a plan where he trades Fields and drafts Williams or Maye. But I see absolutely no scenario where a trade happens at the deadline. It just doesn't make sense.

They should be trying to sign JJ. You don't fill holes by opening new ones.

Mooney is the one legit trade target I see on this roster. His production is down and he's due a paycheck. He's likely to ask for more than he's worth at this point. EJax would be a likely trade candidate if health issues weren't in the way. Outside of that....who wants anything else on this roster? Maybe Foreman if you think Herbert and Johnson are good to go the remainder of the season?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be trying to sign JJ. You don't fill holes by opening new ones.

Well thatt happens every year......

Our def I thought was gonna be better than last seasons with the signing of Edmunds,Edwatlrds and NGakoue,but its not......
And not sure what we could get for JJ,but it cant be higher than a 3rd imo.....
Plus its not like we are in salary cap hell anyways,so keeping JJ would be or should be in our best of interest.....

This team is such a mess,not sure if trading away a player to get more draft capital is worth it.......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thatt happens every year......

Our def I thought was gonna be better than last seasons with the signing of Edmunds,Edwatlrds and NGakoue,but its not......
And not sure what we could get for JJ,but it cant be higher than a 3rd imo.....
Plus its not like we are in salary cap hell anyways,so keeping JJ would be or should be in our best of interest.....

This team is such a mess,not sure if trading away a player to get more draft capital is worth it.......
Our D is better this year, it's just that Fields and the O have been much worse. It adds up. D on the Field too long, injuries more likely to occur.

JJ is a great CB. Lockdown even, if you will? The Bears should absolutely re-sign the kid. And the kid should be reasonable in his asking price. As good as I think he is, yesterday was his first real splash plays since we drafted him. He needs to acknowledge that when negotiating.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Jaylon Johnson has allowed a 22.2 passer rating against him this year, lowest among all CBs.
And perhaps not so coincidentally, JJ's name seems to be popping up more than any other Bear when it comes to trade rumors and candidates for such. I'll say this, Poles would be dumb to just let him hit the open market, where it becomes a crapshoot as to him staying or leaving. So either ink the kid to an extension asap or trade him by the deadline and max out his value. Granted, players in their walk years generally don't net much in draft capital, but CB is a premium position and as the stats you bring up here confirm, he's playing his best ball right now.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think hes ever lived up to the hype,but I believe hes worth a 3rd.......
I

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think hes ever lived up to the hype,but I believe hes worth a 3rd.......
I
Wow buddy, could not disagree more. Giving up a 3rd for a rental? It's one thing if we're serious contenders for the postseason, then it might be worth taking a chance if you believe your team can advance in the playoffs. But we're going nowhere this year. Not to mention it's already being reported by Commander inside sources that Young has every intention of testing the open market. My hope is that Poles is still licking his wounds over the Claypool fiasco and will avoid this scenario like the plague.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow buddy, could not disagree more. Giving up a 3rd for a rental? It's one thing if we're serious contenders for the postseason, then it might be worth taking a chance if you believe your team can advance in the playoffs. But we're going nowhere this year. Not to mention it's already being reported by Commander inside sources that Young has every intention of testing the open market. My hope is that Poles is still licking his wounds over the Claypool fiasco and will avoid this scenario like the plague.

I dont think he would be a rental.........Im sure we would sign him.
There would be no reason to trade for him being ard not going anywheres this year you trade for him to keep him.......

But last I heard this mirning,its not even true........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he would be a rental.........Im sure we would sign him.
There would be no reason to trade for him being ard not going anywheres this year you trade for him to keep him.......

But last I heard this mirning,its not even true........
The bolded part to me is an if and that's one too ifs many for a team that has little chance to make the postseason. Maybe we could sign him, but from what I've read, he seems determined to hit the open market. If he stays healthy and goes into the offseason likewise, he should get a pretty decent contract.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded part to me is an if and that's one too ifs many for a team that has little chance to make the postseason. Maybe we could sign him, but from what I've read, he seems determined to hit the open market. If he stays healthy and goes into the offseason likewise, he should get a pretty decent contract.

If Poles were to trade him,Poles would do what he has to do to keep him.....we still have the most money to spend.....
If he wanted yo keep his job,last thing he would do is trade a 3rd for him and then let him walk......

In Poles I trust........

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me to see Poles acquire someone before the trade deadline.
This team has so many needs to fill, may as well start now.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me to see Poles acquire someone before the trade deadline.
This team has so many needs to fill, may as well start now.

Meh...He got so destroyed on the Claypool trade he better have a lock cinch no brainer deal at hand if he's going to pull one off now...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...He got so destroyed on the Claypool trade he better have a lock cinch no brainer deal at hand if he's going to pull one off now...
I see no reason whatsoever for Poles to be a buyer at the deadline. None, zero, zip, nada. He should still be losing tons of sleep due to repeated nightmares over the Claypool fiasco. It would be one thing if we were even remotely in the playoff race, but we're not. If anything, sell baby sell. Otherwise, stand pat and lick your wounds.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Not absolving Poles by any means, but all GMs make bad moves. Even the great Hoodie has struck out plenty over his 20 years. Andy Reid is having a tough time replacing Tyreek Hill too.

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt we make s trade,but if we do,hopefully its a top player on the d-line or o-line.....

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon Johnson requested and received approval to seek a trade last night

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon Johnson requested and received approval to seek a trade last night

This is bad. 24 year old solid corner. Why would you approve his trade request?