• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GSW will re-trade DA Russell

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already given examples and suggested teams in the O/P...

The Magic I think would probably be willing to give away Gordon if they were to add Russell in their roster... They clearly focus on Isaac more than Gordon for their future and have resigned Ross next to their constant Fournier as to end up with a full and competitive roster... Then they could add Iwundu and a pick perhaps?

Another very possible destination for Russell could be the Pelicans... Here is how this could possibly work... Pels sign and trade Marcus Morris and add Hurt + a couple of picks...

Another possible intetest for GSW would be the Suns (but I doubt that Russell would want to end up there)... Oumbre packed with KCP on a sign and trade for both + a couple of picks could work....

Then it's any team in the league with cap space to spend... Sign Marcus Morris and KCP on a sign and trade, add a role played and a pick and it should work...
PHX just signed Rubio, why would they give up more pieces to add Russell?

Bottom line there are ways to make this numerically work. However, I don't see any team willing to gut themselves to help GSW or take on Russell. Seems the more obvious answer if the trade were to be amended would be for GSW to be told to get bent and keep Iggy, if the goal is to move Russell for the best assets and other teams are offering players and picks.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors essentially gave up 2 1st round picks to get Russell. He is an all-star level player.

The Magic theoretically could work if the Warriors love Aaron Gordon but the money would be tough to match up and the Warriors would need to believe that Gordon could do more for them than Russell.

The Pels can't sign and trade Morris. Neither of them. You can't sign a player from a different team and trade him. That isn't how that works.

The only deal you can create that is even hypothetically possible/not insane is the Magic deal and it would be extremely difficult.

You are really unbelievable...

Of course ANYBODY - ANY TEAM CAN sign any free agent on a sign and trade (both Morris twins are free agents despite the different BS claims you make here) as long as it happens before the moratorium ends... And then... I've suggested the Magic right in the O/P... do you ever read what you reply upon?

Honestly, if you continue this annoying behavior of disagreement for the case of it, dominating subjects that others create without ever suggesting anything, claiming all kind of false nonsense as being fundamentals of the CBA, arguing on all that has been said before but you never bothered to read... You'll be the 8th in my ignore...

I again rest my case talking with you, but this is the last time... just say smth valuable or suggest smth new for a change... is that so difficult for you to do?

Do you have to argue on a non existing subject all the time or create a fiction to argue upon? What's wrong with you?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are definitely not punting this season. Far from it. Which is why I don't think the Warriors are planning on trading Russell at ANY time.

Despite the initial objections to Russell on the Warriors, there are these factors.

1. Steph is getting older and wears down. Load management is going to be important to keep him effective.
2. Russell is a capable shooter who can play on and off the ball.
3. The Warriors are arguably the inventors of the so called "positionless basketball", even if that term is overused. I could absolutely see them swinging Klay from the 2 to the 3 when Russell is on the court.

What it boils down to is whether they can get those 3 to work during crunch time. That remains to be seen.
3. Nor Russell is any exceptional shooter, neither he ever proved that can play OFF THE BALL...On the ball, yes! He has PROVED in multiple cases that he is among the exceptional ones on doing this...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course ANYBODY - ANY TEAM CAN sign any free agent on a sign and trade (both Morris twins are free agents despite the different BS claims you make here) as long as it happens before the moratorium ends... And then... I've suggested the Magic right in the O/P... do you ever read what you reply upon?

Honestly, if you continue this annoying behavior of disagreement for the case of it, dominating subjects that others create without ever suggesting anything, claiming all kind of false nonsense as being fundamentals of the CBA, arguing on all that has been said before but you never bothered to read... You'll be the 8th in my ignore...

I again rest my case talking with you, but this is the last time... just say smth valuable or suggest smth new for a change... is that so difficult for you to do?

Do you have to argue on a non existing subject all the time or create a fiction to argue upon? What's wrong with you?

So, by valuable....

You actually mean agreeing with your fabricated BS?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Incorrect. If you sign a FA from another team, you can't trade them until the moratorium is over. Once it is over you will have them under contract and can trade them when the rules allow, which isn't immediate. During the moratorium the player isn't under contract so you can't trade his contract.

Get the fuck over yourself!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is my understanding that you can not trade a free agent that you have signed from another team until Dec. 15th.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my understanding that you can not trade a free agent that you have signed from another team until Dec. 15th.

I'm not sure the date (have heard Dec and March both) but that is true that you can't turn right around and trade someone you just signed from another team. Buckalis thinks you can agree to a contract and then trade that contract before it is signed. You can't. All you can do is add another team and end up getting the player to agree to go to that other team. But that's just amending the original trade into a 3-way trade, not flipping the player.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but someone who distrubutes as well as Green and plays great switchable defense like Green is much harder to find.
Green will never go to GSW... Green is with clatch for his management... He waits from clatch to give him the "green light" after Kwahi decides... If Kwahi decides on other than the Lakers, then Green will end up with the Lakers... Clatch keeps him on plan B at the moment...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct... But in this case it is FAs... Not players that you bought from another team...

Mind you that all free agents where with another team at sometime... The CBA prohibits a sign and trade to happen if you buy a player from another team... not if you sign a free agent...

Last edited:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct... But in this case it is FAs... Not players that you bought from another team...

"bought from another team" isn't an option. Either you trade, which is closest to buying from another team or you sign a FA. The FA can be your own FA who was restricted or another teams FA who was not.

Both of the Morris boys are FA's from ANOTHER TEAM. Unless I missed something, neither Marcus or Markeiff ended the season on the Pels. Meaning NO could not sign them and trade them during the moratorium. THey would have to get them under contract first. Then the NBA rules state you have to wait a certain time period to trade them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"bought from another team" isn't an option. Either you trade, which is closest to buying from another team or you sign a FA. The FA can be your own FA who was restricted or another teams FA who was not.

Both of the Morris boys are FA's from ANOTHER TEAM. Unless I missed something, neither Marcus or Markeiff ended the season on the Pels. Meaning NO could not sign them and trade them during the moratorium. THey would have to get them under contract first. Then the NBA rules state you have to wait a certain time period to trade them.

Look out bro. Making way too much sense.

That gets you ignored by Bucky

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d

Certainly they have to see if he will fit and if he doesn't they will dump him.

But they didn't make the move to get him in order to trade him 8 months later. If they didn't think they could make it work, they wouldn't have traded for him.

IMO, the Warriors want to limit Steph's minutes so bringing in Dlo makes a lot of sense. He can play the 2 when Step is on the court and the 1 when Step is off the court.

The big question would be whether Thompson could consistently defend 3s and 4s when those 2 are on the court at the same time.
I think I'd rather see Curry be the one playing off the ball.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather see Curry be the one playing off the ball.
No matter what you or other wants, the Warriors are a team that plays with one player on the ball and all others off...

There are teams that need to play both guards on the ball so that they can both pick and roll the ball with the bigs (Houston, Bucks etc...), the Bucks have even moved further by playing some of Middleton and Giannis on the ball... But Warriors is totally different... It's Carry on the ball and everybody else close or long shooting...

With Carry off the ball, the Warriors wouldn't even make the playoffs...

What you think? Is it that the opponent would leave Curry unguarded to catch and shoot? No man... they would put one glued on him and in front of him, so that the ball reaches him less than half the times than if it was in his hands... Much the same the opponent would do with Russell at 2...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok we have a new mission, see if we can get Buckalis to block EVERY ONE of us, so he's talking to himself .

I'm probably already blocked but just in case: hey buck, you're a total deepshit. Everything you post is wrong! And Turkey is better than Greece!

That oughtta do it

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that Warriors will trade Russell to the Wolves for Wiggins straight up. I have heard this from sources that like me want the Wolves to not be terrible, and are willing to ignore reality to make the dream happen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, by valuable....

You actually mean agreeing with your fabricated BS?
Reminded me of when my wife asks for my opinion and I say "why don't you just tell me what you want my opinion to be".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what you or other wants, the Warriors are a team that plays with one player on the ball and all others off...

There are teams that need to play both guards on the ball so that they can both pick and roll the ball with the bigs (Houston, Bucks etc...), the Bucks have even moved further by playing some of Middleton and Giannis on the ball... But Warriors is totally different... It's Carry on the ball and everybody else close or long shooting...

What you think? Is it that the opponent would leave Curry unguarded to catch and shoot? No man... they would put one glued on him and in front of him, so that the ball reaches him less than half the times than if it was in his hands... Much the same the opponent would do with Russell at 2...

Curry plays off the ball a ton actually.

He is as good running off screens as anybody in the business. It is why the Warriors have to have multiple playmakers like Green, Iggy and now Russell.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry plays off the ball a ton actually.

He is as good running off screens as anybody in the business. It is why the Warriors have to have multiple playmakers like Green, Iggy and now Russell.
Just when I think buck can't be any stupider....

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. And that opens up the pick and roll for Russell and Stein, Green or Looney. And no one in the league has what it takes inside to give the effort it would take to follow Curry everywhere on the court. If you've never seen him play it just takes a fraction of a second for him to get his shot off.