• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GSW will re-trade DA Russell

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is one interesting fit.

Covington would headline the deal. But i'm not sure they have enough.

Covington only get them half way there cap wise. And he had an absolutely brutal season last year with injuries. Getting rid of Iggy just to get a younger not as good version of him seems like an odd choice as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I would imagine they will play more than 10 minutes together. But I honestly could see Steph playing less than 30 minutes a game during the regular season with Steph there. I could see him playing 28 mpg and focusing on crunch time and giving Russell a ton of the minutes to run the point otherwise.

Technically they could both pay 29 mpg a game and still only have 10 minutes of shared court time. That would be a little ridiculous of course but the only way this move makes sense is if they expect to give DLo a TON of minutes with Steph off the court.

I expect D’Lo to get all the minutes with Steph off the court.

But I also can’t see the Warriors punting the season barring injury. They are still probably a top 5 seed in the West.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already given examples and suggested teams in the O/P...

The Magic I think would probably be willing to give away Gordon if they were to add Russell in their roster... They clearly focus on Isaac more than Gordon for their future and have resigned Ross next to their constant Fournier as to end up with a full and competitive roster... Then they could add Iwundu and a pick perhaps?

Another very possible destination for Russell could be the Pelicans... Here is how this could possibly work... Pels sign and trade Marcus Morris and add Hurt + a couple of picks...

Another possible intetest for GSW would be the Suns (but I doubt that Russell would want to end up there)... Oumbre packed with KCP on a sign and trade for both + a couple of picks could work....

Then it's any team in the league with cap space to spend... Sign Marcus Morris and KCP on a sign and trade, add a role played and a pick and it should work...

None of those examples are close to enough for the Warriors to move D’Lo.

Not even in the ballpark.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already given examples and suggested teams in the O/P...

The Magic I think would probably be willing to give away Gordon if they were to add Russell in their roster... They clearly focus on Isaac more than Gordon for their future and have resigned Ross next to their constant Fournier as to end up with a full and competitive roster... Then they could add Iwundu and a pick perhaps?

Another very possible destination for Russell could be the Pelicans... Here is how this could possibly work... Pels sign and trade Marcus Morris and add Hurt + a couple of picks...

Another possible intetest for GSW would be the Suns (but I doubt that Russell would want to end up there)... Oumbre packed with KCP on a sign and trade for both + a couple of picks could work....

Then it's any team in the league with cap space to spend... Sign Marcus Morris and KCP on a sign and trade, add a role played and a pick and it should work...

The Warriors essentially gave up 2 1st round picks to get Russell. He is an all-star level player.

The Magic theoretically could work if the Warriors love Aaron Gordon but the money would be tough to match up and the Warriors would need to believe that Gordon could do more for them than Russell.

The Pels can't sign and trade Morris. Neither of them. You can't sign a player from a different team and trade him. That isn't how that works.

The only deal you can create that is even hypothetically possible/not insane is the Magic deal and it would be extremely difficult.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the one that jumps out.

Covington plus ?

If the Warriors could get Covington + 2 decent perimeter players that can provide quality bench minutes, they are back close to where they were in 2016.

I mean I like Okogie. But they're still short.

At least 2 first round picks.

Even adding Bates-Diop doesn't do it.

I'm just baffled how badly Minny screwed up their big opportunity to be contenders after adding Butler.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors essentially gave up 2 1st round picks to get Russell. He is an all-star level player.

The Magic theoretically could work if the Warriors love Aaron Gordon but the money would be tough to match up and the Warriors would need to believe that Gordon could do more for them than Russell.

The Pels can't sign and trade Morris. Neither of them. You can't sign a player from a different team and trade him. That isn't how that works.

The only deal you can create that is even hypothetically possible/not insane is the Magic deal and it would be extremely difficult.

the warriors getting Bamba would be so interesting....

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the better question is should the Dubs trade Draymond?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect D’Lo to get all the minutes with Steph off the court.

But I also can’t see the Warriors punting the season barring injury. They are still probably a top 5 seed in the West.

The Warriors are definitely not punting this season. Far from it. Which is why I don't think the Warriors are planning on trading Russell at ANY time.

Despite the initial objections to Russell on the Warriors, there are these factors.

1. Steph is getting older and wears down. Load management is going to be important to keep him effective.
2. Russell is a capable shooter who can play on and off the ball.
3. The Warriors are arguably the inventors of the so called "positionless basketball", even if that term is overused. I could absolutely see them swinging Klay from the 2 to the 3 when Russell is on the court.

What it boils down to is whether they can get those 3 to work during crunch time. That remains to be seen.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the warriors getting Bamba would be so interesting....

Bamba would be an interesting offer.

But ultimately, a trade involving Bamba/Gordon and Russell would make more sense mid-season than right now. The Magic would be foolish to give up on him already.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are definitely not punting this season. Far from it. Which is why I don't think the Warriors are planning on trading Russell at ANY time.

Despite the initial objections to Russell on the Warriors, there are these factors.

1. Steph is getting older and wears down. Load management is going to be important to keep him effective.
2. Russell is a capable shooter who can play on and off the ball.
3. The Warriors are arguably the inventors of the so called "positionless basketball", even if that term is overused. I could absolutely see them swinging Klay from the 2 to the 3 when Russell is on the court.

What it boils down to is whether they can get those 3 to work during crunch time. That remains to be seen.

Yeah. Agreed

I think they can work together offensively for sure.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly no.

No reason to even consider that with KD gone

He's a declining asset with a history of poor conditioning and a reputation that exceeds his analytics.

It's worth at least asking the question.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a declining asset with a history of poor conditioning and a reputation that exceeds his analytics.

It's worth at least asking the question.

Also the ideal fit with Klay and Curry and also due for a hefty pay raise next season.

His value to the Warriors most definitely exceeds his trade value. No way they could get a better player for their system back.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the ideal fit with Klay and Curry and also due for a hefty pay raise next season.

His value to the Warriors most definitely exceeds his trade value. No way they could get a better player for their system back.

This.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much this. Unless they are planning to blow up their system entirely, I can't imagine how they could get someone that fits it as well Draymond.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this. Unless they are planning to blow up their system entirely, I can't imagine how they could get someone that fits it as well Draymond.

Someone who actually shoots 3s well would be a start.