• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GSW will re-trade DA Russell

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With KD gone and Thompson injured, GSW should look to replace their role with the roster as much as this is possible...

Ideally, what they would at least want is a 2/3 combo wing and another 3/4 combo wing, given that PG is occupied by unreplaceable S.Curry, GSW is looking to re-trade DA Russell for players that fulfill their needs best...

Therefore a team that is in desparate need for a PG should be an ideal for GSW to deal with... Which teams you think would best fill the bill?

My first guess would be that the Magic look possible, but the Bulls or the Suns could too...
Brilliant move - really - Russell will play the point until Thompson comes back and then will be traded to replace Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant without a question is and was one of the best in the NBA and in the top five players, so replacing him with any one will still be downgrading the team, but nevertheless, they will be competitive and personally I think they will still be in the playoffs

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do trade him by the 7th, you get a gold star. If they don't, will you acknowledge you got yet another one wrong? Why do you act so confident about things that are uncertain and that you almost never accurately predict?
That's how he rolls.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, I see replies out of people that I have on my ignore coming first... I would advise them to stop bothering... I don't open my ignores as I know it's full of shit there...
How do you know if you have them on ignore unless you're ignorantly unignore them to read the responses? The entire purpose of the ignore is so you won't be tempted to read their responses. You're defeating yourself - But I do understand the temptation - lol

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only that it is all over the web... Headlines in today's NY times sport pages too...
The NY Times makes a good fish wrap from what I hear.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NY Times makes a good fish wrap from what I hear.

Still all over the web... It's headlines on the whasington post sports pages too if you don't like NYT...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still all over the web... It's headlines on the whasington post sports pages too if you don't like NYT...
I don't like the Washington Post either.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Washington Post either.
You are obviously voting for Trump then... Similar logic anyway, therefore one should be able to guess... My bad.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team was taking Russell, or there would be no KD to the NETs...

What the hell are you talking about? You understand that Russell is an RFA, right? You realize that the DLO trade was not related to the KD trade, right?

I can't believe that there are people who believe that Russell would agree to go to a team like GSW and then be sidelined and come from the bench after Thompson comes back...

Do you think that Russell would agree to leave in the shade of Curry and Thompson?

He KNOWS that he will be re-traded in the first place from day 1... In fact I would bet that he hasn't met with any GSW officials what so ever...

DLo got, by FAR, the biggest contract he was going to get from the Warriors.

The notion that DLo would sign this contract with the understanding that the Warriors were going to trade him to some random team a few days later is laughable. First off, I doubt they could actually trade Russell before July 6th. And if they did it would null out the contract he signed with the Warriors.

You're trying to sound like you are clairvoyant but you are making claims that are, on their face, silly.

The Warriors want Russell to play with the Warriors until, at the very least, Thompson returns.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you talking about? You understand that Russell is an RFA, right? You realize that the DLO trade was not related to the KD trade, right?

DLo got, by FAR, the biggest contract he was going to get from the Warriors.

The notion that DLo would sign this contract with the understanding that the Warriors were going to trade him to some random team a few days later is laughable. First off, I doubt they could actually trade Russell before July 6th. And if they did it would null out the contract he signed with the Warriors.

You're trying to sound like you are clairvoyant but you are making claims that are, on their face, silly.

The Warriors want Russell to play with the Warriors until, at the very least, Thompson returns.

You still don't get it...

1. If GSW didn't get Russell, they would be left without assets to trade in the market and because of it, they would have no chance to make it in the playoffs this season...

Of course it was a Russell for AD trade... Despite what it looks... All the rest involved is for GSW to dump salary and go below the lux tax threshold...

Russell doesn't fit with GSW game... This is more than obvious to anyone that knows some basics on the game, he is a ballhandler while GSW has Curry to handle the ball...
The only reason they got Russell is because he is the asset to have in terms of providing back players that the Warriors need and dump more cap space... But also, because combo guards that are exceptional ballhandlers are rare in the NBA and therefore much wanted.

Therefore they got Russell in order to trade him now... If they fail to trade him, that will come as a surprise given the demand there is for players with Russell's qualities...

In the odd case they will fail however, they'll work hard to achieve a deal by Dec the 15th, but this may cost GSW the playoffs... Therefore the most possible case scenario is that they will trade him now...

What they ideally are looking to get back is AT LEAST an off the ball shooting guard and a big small forward and then at reasonable salaries... So... Don't be surprised if a team with cap space signs and trades to GSW one out of the Morris twins (just an example), packs him with a shooting guard out of their roster (and perhaps another role player too) and ships them all to the Warriors for Russell.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still don't get it...

1. If GSW didn't get Russell, they would be left without assets to trade in the market and because of it, they would have no chance to make it in the playoffs this season...

Of course it was a Russell for AD trade... Despite what it looks... All the rest involved is for GSW to dump salary and go below the lux tax threshold...

Russell doesn't fit with GSW game... This is more than obvious to anyone that knows some basics on the game, he is a ballhandler while GSW has Curry to handle the ball...
The only reason they got Russell is because he is the asset to have in terms of providing back players that the Warriors need and dump more cap space... But also, because combo guards that are exceptional ballhandlers are rare in the NBA and therefore much wanted.

Therefore they got Russell in order to trade him now... If they fail to trade him, that will come as a surprise given the demand there is for players with Russell's qualities...

In the odd case they will fail however, they'll work hard to achieve a deal by Dec the 15th, but this may cost GSW the playoffs... Therefore the most possible case scenario is that they will trade him now...

What they ideally are looking to get back is AT LEAST an off the ball shooting guard and a big small forward and then at reasonable salaries... So... Don't be surprised if a team with cap space signs and trades to GSW one out of the Morris twins (just an example), packs him with a shooting guard out of their roster (and perhaps another role player too) and ships them all to the Warriors for Russell.

Copy Pasta with a side of marinara.

@steelerssb