• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 6.5 at the halfway mark. He's already the best player on our front 4 and arguably the front 7, save for Edwards maybe.
I get this, and 35.5 in his first 4 years, but this is a team that traded Khalil Mack because he did not fit the system. Either they are committing to making the D work around him or they have a crystal ball because who knows what defense they are running next year when Everfluke is gone.
Maybe they already know.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I wrote was the exact same quote you left for someone else in the Kmet signing.......

Thanks for playing.......

Cant have your cake and eat it to......

I just used your own words against you:

The Kmet contract doesn’t even compare here as he’s already fallen in the ranks of highest paid tight ends just a few months after signing the contract.

Not to mention Sweat is getting more than double Kmet in terms of guaranteed money. 72 million guaranteed for a guy that gets 2 sacks a month.

And that production came playing on a line with a ton of talent and offenses couldn’t scheme to just stop him. Now he’s gonna get extra attention on an overall much less talented line.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 6.5 at the halfway mark. He's already the best player on our front 4 and arguably the front 7, save for Edwards maybe.

Yeah he goes from playing on a really talented line to a mush less talented one. That’s actually bad news for pass rushers.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Sweat becomes the monster this defense needs.

I just think this move smells of desperation and the contract could be to the Bears what the Jason Heyward contract was to the Cubs.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kmet contract doesn’t even compare here as he’s already fallen in the ranks of highest paid tight ends just a few months after signing the contract.

Not to mention Sweat is getting more than double Kmet in terms of guaranteed money. 72 million guaranteed for a guy that gets 2 sacks a month.

And that production came playing on a line with a ton of talent and offenses couldn’t scheme to just stop him. Now he’s gonna get extra attention on an overall much less talented line.
Man he’s grasping at straws. Desperately trying to save face. Waiting for other players to get more money AT THEIR RESPECTIVE POSITION only apparently applies to Kmet.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That statement is thee dumbest statement I ever heard.....

Thanks for not contributing,heres a raise,and the silver lining will be in a couple years you get paid like an average player......

See how dumb that was......

Your own logic turned on you.......thanks for playing....... again.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Sweat becomes the monster this defense needs.

I just think this move smells of desperation and the contract could be to the Bears what the Jason Heyward contract was to the Cubs.

Jason Heyward......lol......over rated.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That statement is thee dumbest statement I ever heard.....

Thanks for not contributing,heres a raise,and the silver lining will be in a couple years you get paid like an average player......

See how dumb that was......

Your own logic turned on you.......thanks for playing....... again.

What the fuck are you even saying? Do you know? Because I can assure you no one else does.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how paying Kmet to be average justifies guaranteeing 72 million to a pass rusher who’s best season is 9 total sacks. And that season was 3 years ago.

But this board is where logic dies.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grey pubes is about as dumb as it gets. Omg

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we got rid of Mack and Smith for Edmunds and Sweat. That is seeming like pretty significant downgrades.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we got rid of Mack and Smith for Edmunds and Sweat. That is seeming like pretty significant downgrades.

Mack was traded by Pace I believe.

Poles traded Smith. He's made boneheaded trades left and right since being here. It's like he doesn't understand how to value picks, it's very disturbing considering the best way to build a team is through the draft. Particularly his penchant for trading away picks. He did get great value for our #1 pick, but I wonder now if he could have gotten even more...