• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this, and 35.5 in his first 4 years, but this is a team that traded Khalil Mack because he did not fit the system. Either they are committing to making the D work around him or they have a crystal ball because who knows what defense they are running next year when Everfluke is gone.
Maybe they already know.
They didn't trade for him and sign him long term only to find themselves in a position next off-season where we are looking to get rid of him. That's absurd. Let's just move on from this topic.

Also, do not be surprised if Eberflus sticks next season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we got rid of Mack and Smith for Edmunds and Sweat. That is seeming like pretty significant downgrades.
Mack is 32 and clearly on the backside of his career - sans one absurd game.

Sweat is in his prime at 26. I don't know who the hell is building a team from the ground up like we are and taking Mack over Sweat. That would be absurd.

Roquan has been great in Baltimore. Edmunds is also a pretty damn good LB, though. I think we have to see him when he doesn't have one of the worst front fours in football.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sweat is in his prime at 26. I don't know who the hell is building a team from the ground up like we are and taking Mack over Sweat. That would be absurd.

Roquan has been great in Baltimore. Edmunds is also a pretty damn good LB, though. I think we have to see him when he doesn't have one of the worst front fours in football.
I get too easily confused with Edwards and Edmunds. Edwards is playing awesome, playing like a linebacker who had DT's that keep the linemen off him to make tackles. Pretty sure the team sees that too since Billings got extended.

I just see Edmunds running backwards covering the middle of the field in the passing game. When he tackles a running back, its at the sticks. That is system, not player. Cant really say what he was doing when he hurt the knee.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montez Sweat is 27

Roquan was a great talent and only 26. We should have built around him rather than trading him for pennies.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the Sweat trade is working out!

That being said I'm going to wait and see before I annoit him as "The Golden Boy."

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the Sweat trade is working out!

That being said I'm going to wait and see before I annoit him as "The Golden Boy."
I think it's fair to say Poles obtained his "Golden Boy". Sweat has been everything as advertised and then some. He's elevated our already-improving defense to a new level. And for those who thought perhaps Poles got swindled a bit in giving up a 2nd round pick for him, whereas the 49ers only had to surrender a 3rd round pick for the younger Chase Young, here are some interesting stats to chew on. Since the respective trades to their new teams:

Young - 14 combined tackles, 11 solo/3 assisted, 5 sacks, 1 PD
Sweat - 28 combined tackles, 17 solo/11 assisted, 6.5 sacks, 3 PD

And when you consider Young plays on an overall stronger DL, this inflates his production somewhat.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montez Sweat is 27

Roquan was a great talent and only 26. We should have built around him rather than trading him for pennies.
Fuck Roquan.

Smith

Tackles: 158
Sacks: 1.5
INT: 1
FF: 1
FR: 0

Edwards

Tackles: 145
Sacks: 2.5
INT: 3
FF: 1
FR: 2

You're dumb. Fuck Roquan.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe what an incredible bargain Edwards has been. I'm sure he and his agent must be giving themselves a "I could have had a V8" slap on their heads by not holding out for more. Dollar for dollar, he might just be the best FA signing in the entire league.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting stat (hope its accurate)... Sweat leads both the Bears and Commanders in sacks. (No one on the Comanders has surpassed his WSH sack total (yet)).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting stat (hope its accurate)... Sweat leads both the Bears and Commanders in sacks. (No one on the Comanders has surpassed his WSH sack total (yet)).
Yep, it's true. He was the sack leader for the Commanders at the time of the trade, and since his arrival here, he's also led our team.