• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agent targets Offseason Armchair GM Thread

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly standard for players to say that, no need to anger the fans.

Thats why i said take it for what its worth but I can't lie i did smile at his snubbing the rangers.Personally only time will tell Lou lams wants him back.Regardless it should be interesting.I will say I think Salvador walks

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Ren Lavoie at RDS

I'd love to see Evander Kane on the Sharks.

Evander a shark?? Please dont tease me like that... Thats along the lines of a random hottie comin up to you at the bar, grinding till your full on, then when songs over your like whats your name and she jus keeps walking the other way...

Evander kane will NEVER be a shark...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If there is as much interest in Nash as that artical indicates, someone is giong to have to overpay significantly to land him....

Hey Dougie, if you want to continue to screw over the future of this orginization without actually achieving anything, here's your next great opportunity. :frusty:

Someone will overpay.......Report today said Columbus wants 2 good NHL players, and 2 top prospects for Nash.
I like Nash, but not the $7.8M. I'd do the Niemi-Clowe-Demers-pick trade for him that I've seen talked about, but I can't see Columbus taking that. They are gonna want someone like Logan, Pavs, Vlasic.....and I wouldn't include any of those guys in a deal for him.
Getting Stuart has already helped out the D, if they sign him. I figure they will then move Murray. If they can pick up 2 good 3rd line players, I'll be happy.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q & A for the press today with the owners then another with Wilson. Dreger expects Wilson to announce a 3 year deal with Stuart. Pollak thinks we might get some info on the coaching staff.

Jackman just re-signed with St. Louis 3 years at $3.167m per. He makes a great pre-UFA signing comparible for Stuart.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Surprisingly good interview with Wilson on 95.7 this afternoon. He was pretty straight forward and open with info. A couple highlights:

- Admitted again that the team was too passive

- They didn't transition the new players very well. Made reference to having too much turnover last offseason

- Blamed the players for "playing the way they wanted to play, not the way they needed to play."

- The team won't be going through a rebuild

- He thought Marleau was one of the better players in the PO's and that he is an intergral part of the team. Reading between the lines: Marleau isn't going anywhere.

- Called Niemi a much better option in goal than Griess referencing Niemi's cup run. Again reading between the lines: Niemi probably not going anywhere.

- Last but not least, Sharks are out of the Nash sweeps unless Howson drops his asking price dramatically.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks sign Brad Stuart (3 years, $3.6 per)

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly good interview with Wilson on 95.7 this afternoon. He was pretty straight forward and open with info. A couple highlights:

- Admitted again that the team was too passive

- They didn't transition the new players very well. Made reference to having too much turnover last offseason

- Blamed the players for "playing the way they wanted to play, not the way they needed to play."

- The team won't be going through a rebuild

- He thought Marleau was one of the better players in the PO's and that he is an intergral part of the team. Reading between the lines: Marleau isn't going anywhere.

- Called Niemi a much better option in goal than Griess referencing Niemi's cup run. Again reading between the lines: Niemi probably not going anywhere.

- Last but not least, Sharks are out of the Nash sweeps unless Howson drops his asking price dramatically.

:dance::finger::whoo:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL. Agreed. No way would I give up what Howson is asking for Nash. When they supposedly asked for Logan last year, I would have just laughed and hung up.

Wilson insinuated that the asking price was and still is Couture+.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wilson insinuated that the asking price was and still is Couture+.

I don't blame Howson for trying, but I'm sure he knew there was no chance of that happening. But it doesn't hurt to ask, never know what may fall in your lap....

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On NHL Tonight Wilson stated all UFA's will be allowed to shop thier services