• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agent targets Offseason Armchair GM Thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Doug MacLean on HNiC believes San Jose is the odds on favorite to land Parise. So the Sharks have that going for them.

Before anyone one asks, no, he did not appear to be drunk when he made this statement.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Sharks are the favorite! So I guess Nash & Suter are out of the question, :think: or are they?????????

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, Doug MacLean on HNiC believes San Jose is the odds on favorite to land Parise. So the Sharks have that going for them.

Before anyone one asks, no, he did not appear to be drunk when he made this statement.

Ummm.... exactly how is that going to come to pass? I suppose it'll cost 7+M per for 5+ years at least. However, it could happen if they can dump bad salary. Current committed salary = 55M for 2G, 7F, and 5D.. Assuming the cap goes to 70M, as predicted.

1. Sign Wingels (.8M), Braun (1.2M), Staurt (2.5M... argh!), Parise 7.5M., sign stalock (1M), Desi (.7M), --> 68.7M for 20 players.

2. Nemo+Clowe+Murray+2nd rounder for Nash. (drops 2.2M)--> 66.5M for 18 players

3. Trade Zues for a 7th rounder to whoever, someone might bite here. (drops 2.5M)--> 64M for 17 players.

the signed Guys are:

Forwards:
Thornton-Marleau-Havlat
Couture-Nash-parise
Pavelski- Wingels- ???
Desjardins - ??? - ???

Defense:
Boyle-Vlasic
Burns-Stuart
Demers-Braun

Goalies
Griess-Stalock

After signing 3 more 4th liners (for 2M) and a #7 Dman for 1M, they would have roughly 3M remaining under the cap. This could go toward signing a respectable 3rd line winger like Crabb, Boyes, or the like and keep 1-2M free for trades as needed. To me, the D is a little weak and the goaltending is a huge questions mark, but Nash+parise in place of Clowe and Handzus will really revolutionize the team up front and it given them a 1-2-3 at Center that they had two years ago but was sorely lacking last year.

It's damn risky, but I would rather they roll the dice and get some youth in here, than continue going with roughly the same guys...

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.... exactly how is that going to come to pass? I suppose it'll cost 7+M per for 5+ years at least. However, it could happen if they can dump bad salary. Current committed salary = 55M for 2G, 7F, and 5D.. Assuming the cap goes to 70M, as predicted.

1. Sign Wingels (.8M), Braun (1.2M), Staurt (2.5M... argh!), Parise 7.5M., sign stalock (1M), Desi (.7M), --> 68.7M for 20 players.

3. Trade Zues for a 7th rounder to whoever, someone might bite here. (drops 2.5M)--> 64M for 17 players.

the signed Guys are:

Forwards:
Thornton-Marleau-Havlat
Couture-Nash-parise
Pavelski- Wingels- ???
Desjardins - ??? - ???

Defense:
Boyle-Vlasic
Burns-Stuart
Demers-Braun

Goalies
Griess-Stalock

After signing 3 more 4th liners (for 2M) and a #7 Dman for 1M, they would have roughly 3M remaining under the cap. This could go toward signing a respectable 3rd line winger like Crabb, Boyes, or the like and keep 1-2M free for trades as needed. To me, the D is a little weak and the goaltending is a huge questions mark, but Nash+parise in place of Clowe and Handzus will really revolutionize the team up front and it given them a 1-2-3 at Center that they had two years ago but was sorely lacking last year.

It's damn risky, but I would rather they roll the dice and get some youth in here, than continue going with roughly the same guys...

I am for rebuilding too but part of me says go for it if it's available.

You can call me crazy but if there is one player in the league that can change the urgency of this sharks team it would be Parise. Will it happen? Probably not but he sure gets that Devils team fired up!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, Doug MacLean needs to stop smoking a wrong $hiiiiit. So Dwil is finally going to break two of his MO's by signing a big name FA and also trading off part of the core that he's been so loyal to? I can't see one of those things happening, yet alone both. If he can turn Marleau into Parise though (no way in hell Dougie is trading his Golden Boy Thornton), I'd be a happy, happy camper.....but that still won't be enough to win the Sharks a Cup. I know Parise and Pavelski are supposedly really good friends, but I just don't see Parise taking enough of a discount and Pavelski giving the FO a Frontal lobotomy to make it worthwhile to the Sharks FO/DWil. (and yes, I know you're just reporting what you heard, Cmon, I'm not laughing at you)

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww come on, please don't play with my emotions. If Parise ever became a Shark, give him the C and watch the culture of this franchise change before our eyes. The Devils have a ton of cap space and just made a great run in the playoffs, why would Parise leave?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aww come on, please don't play with my emotions. If Parise ever became a Shark, give him the C and watch the culture of this franchise change before our eyes. The Devils have a ton of cap space and just made a great run in the playoffs, why would Parise leave?

Keep in mind guys that Doug MacLean is not a hockey insider like a McKenzie or LeBrun so don't put too much stock in what he says.

As for Parise leaving the Devils, they have the cap space but are having some serious financial issues. With Kovalchuks actual salary going from $6.0m to $11.0m this coming season there may not be money in the bank to sign him. There's also rumors that Parise was upset with the organization over how he was treated during the Kovalchuk debacle and during his contract negotiations last offseason.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

the signed Guys are:

Forwards:
Thornton-Marleau-Havlat
Couture-Nash-parise
Pavelski- Wingels- ???
Desjardins - ??? - ???

Defense:
Boyle-Vlasic
Burns-Stuart
Demers-Braun

Goalies
Griess-Stalock

Rules, I'd make you GM of the year if you could pull those moves off!
If you're gonna go for it, may as well go big!!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Every time i see that yearly hit of 7.8 mil I get sick and want that contract no where near this team. would much rather have 2 4mil yr guys and theyd prob put up the same numbers as him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1st trade of the offseason.

Tampa Bay Gets:
Anders Lindback (G)
Kyle Wilson (F)
7th round pick

Nashville Gets:
(2) 2nd round picks
3rd round pick
Sebastien Caron (G)

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as parise goes...i'll bet he gets close to 8.5-9 per year...someone is always there to drop the huge bucks on a guy just to irritate all of us about "overpaying" meanwhile we whine about not signing anyone.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
as far as parise goes...i'll bet he gets close to 8.5-9 per year...someone is always there to drop the huge bucks on a guy just to irritate all of us about "overpaying" meanwhile we whine about not signing anyone.
Parise is going to want to go to a contender so if he does that he will have to take a discount, i can see him going to detroit along with Suter

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Parise is going to want to go to a contender so if he does that he will have to take a discount, i can see him going to detroit along with Suter

I think Detroit is going to go for Semin assuming he doesn't bolt for the KHL.

Detroit is going to go all out for Suter but Detroit doesn't seem to fit what he's said he's looking for in his next stop. Suter has said he doesn't want to play in the East or in Canada. He's also said he wants to be in a great community for his family and he doesn't want to play in a major hockey market. Money could certainly change this but from what he's said so far Colorado or Minnesota (Close to home and family) seem like strong canidates.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
EJ Hradek tweet

Wild GM Chuck Fletcher says he talked to 10 or 12 other managers today. The trade talk around the league is heating up.

Wonder if Dougie is on the line again.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nemo for harding lol

My thoughts were more towards Clutterbuck.

With Dougie's penchant for trying to copy the most recient Cup winner I figure he watched Brown hitting everything that moved, got a hard on, then looked to Clutterbuck to fill the same role for the Sharks.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Take it for what its worth a lot can change but its a good read.I love parises character and hope he stays Fire & Ice - Parise wants to remain a Devil; “No way” he’ll sign with Rangers

I've read quite a bit saying he was upset with the organization over various things as well as many stating to the contrary. I think he'll re-sign if New Jersey's financial situation allows them to spend what it's going to take to re-sign him. To me that's the biggest question.