• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons vs Seahawks score predictions

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I hope it's bad weather. Atlanta has the better RBS. Going to be a tough W though. The bye week is a huge favor for Seattle. More prep time plus gives Wilson more time to heal up

The running game will be difficult for both teams, zero advantage on both sides unless one of the d-lines crumbles early. Too me it'll come down to who forces that big TO or two and takes advantage of it. Should be a very good game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm... I think it's gonna be a 27-17 type of game, Seattle wins. Going a little out on a limb here but I think the Falcons are HORRIBLY overrated.

Julio Jones isn't going to torch Seattle. He'll get yards yes, but eventually if Ryan just keeps targeting him Sherman is going to get the picks, see Brandon Marshall. Yes Jones is way better than Marshall at this point, but whatever.

Wagner/crew will do an excellent job of shutting down Freeman/Coleman and backfield passes generally work VERY poorly against Seattle's ridiculous speed. The one weakness of Denver is their linebackers. They played ABYSMAL against the Falcons' backfield who torched them all day on checkdowns. Checkdown passes work HORRIBLY against Seattle because of Carroll's ridiculous emphasis on speed. Take THAT element away and the run (Seattle does both very well) and you're left with.... Julio Jones. That's it.

Offensively Seattle's interior line has looked the best it has prob. since Carroll got here. Graham/Baldwin/Lockett are a VERY quiet threat. Atlanta's secondary is FAR better than the Jets but the front 7 pales in comparison. Beasley played very well but I expect Seattle to key on him and run the ball away and Denver's O-Line is shaping up to be worse than Seattle's (never thought I'd say that in a million years) and the QBs don't even compare.

Also, back to back Atlanta games flying all the way (basically) across the country is BRUTAL and Seattle's fanbase coming in 3-1 against the supposed TOP NFC team in the NFL (ESPN you suck) is going to have them rabid.

I think the Falcons are going to come in a little cocky and it's going to bite them in the ass big time. Seattle's had 2 weeks to prepare, Falcons are 'feelin good', and that generally results in a loss of sorts. I think Atlanta's TD to make it 17 pts comes in garbage time.

I've seen every Falcon game this season, and I still have no clue how they will fare in SEA, but I ask, what makes you say the Falcons are HORRIBLY overrated?

One correction...maybe you know this now, but ATL flew directly to SEA SUN night, so they've been in SEA all week...apparently practicing out at the UW facility.

Cocky...one might think, but this is the same team that started 5-0, got to 6-1 LY and didn't make the playoffs. I'm sure they're feeling good about the DEN win, but Quinn has plenty of ammo to keep them grounded.

ATL OFC...RBs & Julio...that's it...boy you couldn't be more wrong. Shanahan is calling some great games here lately. No less than 8 guys have factored in every game so far.

Bottomline...per norm, the game will boil down to the trenches...if ATL OL/DL play well, this will be a 3 to 6 point game either way. If they don't, your score could hold up.

Giving respect to the home team, wet field/ball I say 20-17...SEA.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks 20
Falcons 12

This game could be played in a storm so turnovers are going to be an issue and each offense will come out very conservative and try to play the field position game. I'd be surprised if either team gets into the endzone more than twice

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checkdown passes work HORRIBLY against Seattle because of Carroll's ridiculous emphasis on speed. Take THAT element away and the run (Seattle does both very well) and you're left with.... Julio Jones. That's it...

The Jets sure made those checkdowns work. Checkdowns against the zone, and passes to TE's up the seam tend to work pretty well against the Hawks. If the Falcons get those working, they could move the chains and get some rhythm going.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets sure made those checkdowns work. Checkdowns against the zone, and passes to TE's up the seam tend to work pretty well against the Hawks. If the Falcons get those working, they could move the chains and get some rhythm going.

FWIW...I'm not sure that those are not checkdowns, but iso in some cases.

DEN safetys are pretty good, but IMO SEA has the best SS/FS tandem in the league. You would think they would have put a S on Coleman but Shanahan is doing a great job with personnel grouping and formations that team are going base and it pits a LB on Coleman and his explosiveness has been showing that's a mismatch. Maybe now that that's on film...2 TEs, 1 WR, and 2 RB.. SEA will counter in nickel.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DEN safetys are pretty good, but IMO SEA has the best SS/FS tandem in the league. You would think they would have put a S on Coleman but Shanahan is doing a great job with personnel grouping and formations that team are going base and it pits a LB on Coleman and his explosiveness has been showing that's a mismatch. Maybe now that that's on film...2 TEs, 1 WR, and 2 RB.. SEA will counter in nickel.

Wheel route stuff tends to be covered very well by the Hawks, and they play the nickle a bunch. It's those true leaking out of the backfield into the flat checkdowns that have plagued them this year, and in the recent past too.

I know next to nothing about the Falcons TE's (didn't see them much in the 2nd half of the Broncos game I watched).

Seattle does a great job of taking stuff away. If a QB and O-coord can be really patient, they can have some success against them though. IMO, if Ryan tries to force stuff in to Jones, it plays into SEA's hands.

Should be fun to watch. :)

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK about that. They have a ton of trust in Wagner and Wright to cover.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheel route stuff tends to be covered very well by the Hawks, and they play the nickle a bunch. It's those true leaking out of the backfield into the flat checkdowns that have plagued them this year, and in the recent past too.

I know next to nothing about the Falcons TE's (didn't see them much in the 2nd half of the Broncos game I watched).

Seattle does a great job of taking stuff away. If a QB and O-coord can be really patient, they can have some success against them though. IMO, if Ryan tries to force stuff in to Jones, it plays into SEA's hands.

Not against single receiver sets.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about that. They have a ton of trust in Wagner and Wright to cover.

SEA doesn't try to fool anyone on DEF, they have been able to rely on basic scheme and superior athletes so I wouldn't expect them to change much for ATL.

Freeman is more elusive than fast so I can see a LB defending him as a receiver...Coleman has shown another gear...I would not want a LB on him all game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB...Coleman got a big one vs DEN on a wheel route out of the backfield , but these guys a splitting out wide, in the slot and running a variety of routes.

ATL TEs...not much to write home about in terms of special skillset, mostly possession guys. Tamme is probably the best at finding the soft spots in the zone, Hooper a little more athletic, Toilolo is mostly a blocker, but they will use him in the RZ...Graham's height...6'8"ish.

Ryan had a lot of picks LY trying to force the ball to the 1 read (Julio), he has finally gained the trust of Shanahan to audible more and make other guys the 1 read...Teams are doing a better job of taking Julio away so he's pulling off him a lot more this yr...he faces a similar DEF scheme everyday...I would expect Ryan to take the underneath routes a lot more in this game out of respect of the SEA safeties.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEA doesn't try to fool anyone on DEF, they have been able to rely on basic scheme and superior athletes so I wouldn't expect them to change much for ATL.

Freeman is more elusive than fast so I can see a LB defending him as a receiver...Coleman has shown another gear...I would not want a LB on him all game.

Not all game. But as much as any defense around.

Atlanta had some good runs early in that game, forcing Denver to keep their bigs in on early downs, which is where they exploited their coverage ability later.

I just don't expect that strategy to be as effective against these LBs. Both in terms of establishing the run and challenging their cover skills.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all game. But as much as any defense around.

Atlanta had some good runs early in that game, forcing Denver to keep their bigs in on early downs, which is where they exploited their coverage ability later.

I just don't expect that strategy to be as effective against these LBs. Both in terms of establishing the run and challenging their cover skills.

ATL is getting their young LBs back in this game I think, but the achilles heel is pass rush and rush between the Gs...lateral...those young guys have the speed to run it down...ATL has all reserves at LB in DEN and I thought they would just pound it. DEN's run production overall was not good, but the YPC was pretty good. Had they been able to keep that up maybe the outcome would have been different.

Quinn is not all the way there yet with personnel, but clearly he's molding the Falcon DEF after SEA...the young, fast LBs I'm sure were his picks.

This will be a fun game to watch to see how far they really come vs the measuring stick.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27-24 Falcons.
Kyle Shanahan has been masterful in finding and exploiting defensive weaknesses.
This will be a great force vs force matchup with Atlanta's offense against Seattle's defense.
The fact our HC was Seattle's DC during their best years adds another fun wrinkle to the plot.
Defense > Offense. Especially in a typhoon.

Hawks 17-6

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons 27
Chickens 24

I see it as a 3 point difference, one way or the other....I took Atl only because Russell isn't 100%, but I do think Sherman can handle Jones well enough that he won't be a factor in this one....I'd rather see Seattle win it though...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Matt, Julio, and Devonta on the smoker for tomorrow's dirty bird sanwiches

14712792_900651176255_405569844943521636_o.jpg

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Matt, Julio, and Devonta on the smoker for tomorrow's dirty bird sanwiches

14712792_900651176255_405569844943521636_o.jpg
But their chickens. Wouldn't Wilson, Baldwin and Michaels make more sense? :noidea:

Either way, their not even cooked and they look tasty. Would love to get a taste of that smoked goodness come tomorrow. Enjoy. :suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 31
Falcons 13

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Patriot fan walks out of the bar
with a cardinal fan in his left hand and a cowboy fan in his right.....
and a Seattle fan one yard behind.....
So four gay dudes walk out of the bar with the patriots fan as the leader????