• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons vs Seahawks score predictions

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27-24 Falcons.
Kyle Shanahan has been masterful in finding and exploiting defensive weaknesses.
This will be a great force vs force matchup with Atlanta's offense against Seattle's defense.
The fact our HC was Seattle's DC during their best years adds another fun wrinkle to the plot.

At the risk of sounding very homerish, good luck with this Sunday. Where is the weakness in Seattle's D?

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about a score because so many unpredictable things pour into that. Hard to remember the last time a team with pass heavy offense and lousy D came into Seattle and won. The weather will absolutely be a factor, too. Heavy winds and rain the next few days, and at least the rain should carry into Sunday. The Falcons are probably getting some really good practice time up at UW too, with all this precip. RW got a week of rest, Seattle D #1 in yards per game, just many factors in Seattle's favor. Falcons surprised me last week in Denver, but it's not Paxton Lynch this week.

Atlanta has a very balanced offence, it's far from ''pass happy''.
While the passing game is higher rated a RB is the 2nd leading receiver and Freeman is the #6 rusher in The NFL.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding very homerish, good luck with this Sunday. Where is the weakness in Seattle's D?

Every defense has it's weakness, or at least areas that are less strong than others.
The Falcons exposed a very good Denver defense in The Broncos' stadium.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every defense has it's weakness, or at least areas that are less strong than others.
The Falcons exposed a very good Denver defense in The Broncos' stadium.
Exposed? Falcons scored 23 points, gained 370 yards. 2/12 on 3rd down. That's not bad considering how good Denver's D is but I would hardly call that exposed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has a very balanced offence, it's far from ''pass happy''.
While the passing game is higher rated a RB is the 2nd leading receiver and Freeman is the #6 rusher in The NFL.
I didn't say pass happy. I said pass heavy. Either way...You would disagree that the passing game has been the center of gravity for the Falcons so far? With that horrible defense, do you think you can win this game by running the ball?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-21 Seahawks

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exposed? Falcons scored 23 points, gained 370 yards. 2/12 on 3rd down. That's not bad considering how good Denver's D is but I would hardly call that exposed.

370 yards in Denver is good, how it was gained was by exposing a weakness of their LBs covering RBs.
Our #2 RB gained 130 yards receiving...e x p o s e d.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say pass happy. I said pass heavy. Either way...You would disagree that the passing game has been the center of gravity for the Falcons so far? With that horrible defense, do you think you can win this game by running the ball?

We'll have to run and pass to win, and probably force a couple of turnovers.
It won't be easy.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the seachickens have always given up more yards to TE's and RB's.
This could be a problem, even if it is windy.

I still think Seattle, I mean the seachickens, come out on top, 23-20.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you are right in that AT is pass heavy a lot of that comes from play action so if a team can stymie the run game the play action becomes ineffective and the offense bogs down. The play action helps the OL a ton because it freezes the DL and LB corps enough to sneak our RB and TE in behind them and it leaves the CBS alone in coverage a lot because the safeties have to help up. That's a huge reason the Falcons have so many huge chunk plays in the passing game

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
370 yards in Denver is good, how it was gained was by exposing a weakness of their LBs covering RBs.
Our #2 RB gained 130 yards receiving...e x p o s e d.
I guess we have different ideas of what exposed means. Unless other teams are now going to face Denver and exploit that same "weakness" with similar success, then nothing has really been exposed. Rather, you have an extremely talented player in Coleman who won the 1-on-1 matchup that day a few times. Like I said, if you "exposed" that defense to be something much lesser than what we thought it was, I think the score would have been bigger.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you are right in that AT is pass heavy a lot of that comes from play action so if a team can stymie the run game the play action becomes ineffective and the offense bogs down. The play action helps the OL a ton because it freezes the DL and LB corps enough to sneak our RB and TE in behind them and it leaves the CBS alone in coverage a lot because the safeties have to help up. That's a huge reason the Falcons have so many huge chunk plays in the passing game
Yeah, thanks. I'm pretty familiar with what play action passing is.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the seachickens have always given up more yards to TE's and RB's.
This could be a problem, even if it is windy.

I still think Seattle, I mean the seachickens, come out on top, 23-20.
Seachickens? Wow...where have we heard that before? Hmmmm....these clever fans.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 home losses in the RW era, so an overall reg season record of 29-5. 3 of those losses were at the hands of a top 6 ranked defense. The other 2 losses: Dallas & Rams. Cowboys had the league's leading rusher that year, a top shelf WR, and the #14 ranked D. Rams have an elite DL and have been our toughest div opponent over the last 4+ seasons.

The Falcons just do not fit the profile of a team that comes into Seattle and wins. At least not since we've had the #1 scoring D and RW. Doesn't mean Atlanta cannot win the game, but the point is we will be seeing something that hasn't happened in quite a while if they do.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 home losses in the RW era, so an overall reg season record of 29-5. 3 of those losses were at the hands of a top 6 ranked defense. The other 2 losses: Dallas & Rams. Cowboys had the league's leading rusher that year, a top shelf WR, and the #14 ranked D. Rams have an elite DL and have been our toughest div opponent over the last 4+ seasons.

The Falcons just do not fit the profile of a team that comes into Seattle and wins. At least not since we've had the #1 scoring D and RW. Doesn't mean Atlanta cannot win the game, but the point is we will be seeing something that hasn't happened in quite a while if they do.

Denver was 28-4 at home in the regular season since 2012. They are now 28-5 after Atlanta whipped that ass last week.