• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does the 2013 Seahawks defense deserve to be considered one of the best ever?

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver wins, youre not this dismissive. You would be trolling the shit out the Seahawks right now.

you are wrong of course. I'm sorry but I'm an adult and don't do that.

Had Denver won I would have been more interested in stats instead of insulting strangers on the internet like at least 3 Seahawks fans here seem to do like its an instinct they cant get rid of.

I troll no one..I would boast my selection but I would troll no one.

and where am I being dismissive ? I'm explaining the truth of how pointless this all is and you trolls who are actually trolling better be kidding because if you are actually insulting strangers on the internet because a favorite team won you are quite stupid.

I haven't trolled in 3 years..if you don't like what I say or cant interpret it correctly because you are always looking for a dishonest angle,thats your problem.

have a nice day :suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those predicting a Seattle blow out were bragging about your OFFENSE doing it, not your defense. Does this sound familiar?

"When Denver puts 8 men in the box to stop Lynch, Wilson is going to go off".

My predictions were on the money. I said Lynch wouldn't break 100, let alone 150. I was right. Hell, Lynch didn't even crack 40. I said Wilson wasn't going to 'go off' and he didn't. I can say that.

His Lynch prediction wasn't about pushing buttons. What happened was that he ran his mouth and then later in the week regretted it, and tried to back track. I told him I'd call him out for that and I have.

Ah, I missed the predictions where you figured Seattle was going to beat Denver by 35. Can you kindly provide any sort of link or even just tell me which thread it was in so I can give you due credit? Because surely if you had some other type of prediction about the game you would have the honor to admit it was wrong right?

I don't remember which Seattle fan told you he was going to reach 150y, but it was ONE guy and yet you keep harping on it like it was every one of us. Don't get me wrong, I think that is funny as hell because whoever was trolling you just smoked your ass, but do keep things in perspective.

And this one is just priceless....
"When Denver puts 8 men in the box to stop Lynch, Wilson is going to go off"
WTF do you think actually happened? :lol:

You do realize the Seahawks only punted once in the entire game right? So Lynch didn't have very many carries because they were taking what the defense was giving them and what they were giving them was a passing game. What they were giving them was the outside where Percy burned the fuck out of them. What they gave them was lanes Wilson could run in. So they DID stuff the box and Wilson DID make them pay for it. Did you not actually watch the game? :noidea: They had a lot of short field possessions with all those turnovers the defense created so raw yardage wasn't necessary nor possible. You do realize they only received TWO kickoffs the entire game right?

You are claiming all of your predictions came true now right? What predictions did you have about how Seattle's defense was going to do against Manning and his offense? You did question every one of our fans that dared to suggest a blow out was possible and that came true. Just 'man' up and accept it, or is apologizing only required for double posting?

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are wrong of course. I'm sorry but I'm an adult and don't do that.

Had Denver won I would have been more interested in stats instead of insulting strangers on the internet like at least 3 Seahawks fans here seem to do like its an instinct they cant get rid of.

I troll no one..I would boast my selection but I would troll no one.

and where am I being dismissive ? I'm explaining the truth of how pointless this all is and you trolls who are actually trolling better be kidding because if you are actually insulting strangers on the internet because a favorite team won you are quite stupid.

I haven't trolled in 3 years..if you don't like what I say or cant interpret it correctly because you are always looking for a dishonest angle,thats your problem.

have a nice day :suds:

Liar.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Seattle will be outmatched by Denver in every area" - ramassaction

:laugh3:

Eat your crow and stfu.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eat your crow and stfu.

I told you that you wouldn't get to see any of these haters admit anything. I do expect Morpheus to man up, but who knows. I knew for a fact that angel and ram would not. That just wasn't going to happen.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you that you wouldn't get to see any of these haters admit anything. I do expect Morpheus to man up, but who knows. I knew for a fact that angel and ram would not. That just wasn't going to happen.

admit what? I've said in 2 posts that Seattle won..how is that not admitting it ?

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eat your crow and stfu.

I never used the word outmatched ..and you are proving my point...you are calling someone you don't know an insulting name when I have in fact not done that to you at all.

fascinating is the ignorance of online sports fans.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt consider them the best but they certainly should be in the conversations. they shut down one of the best QBs of all time. thats gotta be worth of something

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going by what the numbers say.

The numbers would say that the 1977 Falcons were the greatest defense of all time.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never used the word outmatched ..and you are proving my point...you are calling someone you don't know an insulting name when I have in fact not done that to you at all.

fascinating is the ignorance of online sports fans.

Outmatched, overmatched, whatever you said.... I remember clearly that you claimed that Denver will have the upper hand in every matchup Go ahead and lie about it though.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insult me all you want...you were wrong. You ran your mouth about Lynch and were wrong. He got less than a third of what you predicted.

And hey look....more of these....

:laugh3: :pound: :agree::wtf2::omg:

Lynch also had as many TDs as the entire Denver offense.

Guess that guy that called for 150 yards should have predicted that.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets let the smoke settle from this game for a little bit. Give it a month or so and look at it more objectively. When that happens I'm sure any rational person would consider the 2013 Seahawks D to be in the discussion for the greatest defense of all time. I would not be surprised to see this be much of the offseason talk on slow days.

Are they the greatest? Who knows. I hope they play second fiddle to the 2014 Seahawks D though :suds:

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think in this modern era of the NFL where everything is being done to make offense be in the spotlight, What the Seahawks did this year is pretty remarkable. Also add to that, doing what they did to the most prolific offense the game has seen (despite the disclaimer in my first sentence), Seattle's defense certainly deserves to be somewhere in the discussion.

However, it's extremely hard to compare different eras and there are some past defenses that did some things that were just as amazing. The 85 Bears had back to back shut-outs in the div round and NFCCC and then gave up 10 in a SB blow-out. They also carried that team to a 15-1 regular season. Yes, they had the great Walter Payton but they also had a total flake in Jim McMahon at QB. ( I liked McMahon, btw. The guy cracked me up and brought life to the No Fun League)
The 76 Steel Curtain was probably the most intimidating a group as there ever was and actually could scare the shit out of opposing offenses.
LT and the 90 Giants, the 00 Ravens, the 02 Bucs and a few others are in consideration too. Lots of great groups out there but this Seattle group should be part of the conversation, I just won't get too caught up in the hype machine just yet, though.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best, but's it always hard to compare teams from other decades and eras when the rules were different.

But considering the Seahawks have been #1 in every meaningful D stat category for two years in a row, (and doing that with the NFL's current protect the QB at all costs rules and their ongoing war against the safety position), I'd say the have a respectable argument for being one of the bests of all time.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people compare the 85 Bears Defense to the Steel Curtain. The 85 Bears D was a product of a brand new, never before seen, defensive scheme that completely changed the way that offenses operate. It only took a single offseason for offensive coordinators to figure out the weaknesses of that defensive scheme and exploit them. That defense was only dominant for a single season… Tiny in comparison to what the Steel Curtain accomplished.

But still, the 85 Bears came up with something that nobody had an answer for at the time. It was genius, and they dominated the entire league.

Actually the 86 defense was better than the 85s D.
Also the 84 and 87 team was top 5 D..........They reakky got noticed cause it was the 85 team that went to the SB and destroyed NE.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1985 Bears weren't playing against the best offense in NFL history.

and the 85 team gave up a grand total of.................wait for it..........10 points in the whole playoffs.Not just the SB,but the whole playoffs.
They shut down a great Eric Dickerson in his prime.Not just a down trodden rb in Knowshon that finally had a break out season.
Dickerson 17 for 46 yds...........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 1985 bears faced the #10 offense in the league, Seahawks faced the #1 offense. Point, Seattle

Also, the rules have changed to make this a much more offensive, higher scoring league than it was in 1985. Point, Seattle

Holding the best offense in the league to 8 points is not too shabby

See my above post..........Holding 3 playoff teams and and HOF rb in his prime to 10 points in three games is better than not too shabby.:nod:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically the Hawks are middle of the pack for recent #1 defenses. Not sure where the case for best of all time is coming from. Just enjoy the Super Bowl win.

gots to :agree: