• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does the 2013 Seahawks defense deserve to be considered one of the best ever?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Seahawk fans on a great win. Offensively and defensive total domination of a very strong offensive team.

So far as best of all time I dont see it but in this era alot of teams including my Ravens should take note. Build the defensive team from the back to the front,be physical for 20 yards, and dare them to throw under routes for fear of a beating.

Great job Seahawks for showing the template to other 2014 defenses and beyond how to stop the extensive amount of YAC that teams like the Broncos subject them too.

Well played.

:nod:

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you not calling the 13-3 Broncos the "greatest offense of all time" for the past couple weeks?

Go easy on RamJackass today, it's not cool to make fun of handicapped children.

He still doesn't know what he saw on TV yesterday, heck, he watched at least two Seahawks games this year, and still didn't see what people who actually know football saw, and that is that the NFC west has beast defenses, and any stat he massaged was meaningless.

He's a fool.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who exactly is saying they were better than the 85 bears? The OP asked about ONE of the best, not THE best. That means they should be listed with some of those storied defenses of yesterday, back when they could beat the shit out of offenses.

well,if they aren't the best then theres' no reason to talk about it anymore.

who's saying ? I said

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm enjoying it. But middle of the pack? Please. The Hawks had the #1 defense in 12 and the 13 defense was much better.

I'm just going by what the numbers say.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He still doesn't know what he saw on TV yesterday, heck, he watched at least two Seahawks games this year, and still didn't see what people who actually know football saw, and that is that the NFC west has beast defenses, and any stat he massaged was meaningless.

He's a fool.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can think of another one.

The guy here that bragged about how Lynch was going to go Beastmode and rush for 150 yards and REFUSED to listen to anyone about it.

How did Lynch do anyway?

39 yards.

He fell a little short, don't you think?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a fool.[/QUOTE]

The guy here that bragged about how Lynch was going to go Beastmode and rush for 150 yards and REFUSED to listen to anyone about it.

How did Lynch do anyway?

39 yards.

Well I got half of this prediction right anyway...
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4477508-post58.html
You are kind of predictable. I admit I haven't read even a fraction of this board over the last 12 hours or so, so I may have missed it, but I didn't see you giving any congratulations to the Seahawks nor any admission that your outrage over those Seahawk fans that dared to believe they were going to blow out Denver was wrong. You made sure you told each of us to be sure to be here after the game so you could rip us, but I'm not seeing you living up to your own ideals. You expect us to bow down and kiss your feet if we dare to double post and yet no apology for all the crap you spewed that proved to be wrong. Again, I'll apologize if you have indeed taken your crow and I missed it, but I'd be surprised to find you have. I don't see you as having anything that resembles honor.

I do love this slam though. One guy said Lynch was going to run for 150y and he already told you he did so just to push your buttons. He said that before the game so it wasn't to save face. And what is the ONLY thing you can say after that game? Lynch didn't rush for 150y and Seattle's defense wasn't even better than your own '08 defense. :laugh3::L

If you had any credibility, it is surely as dead now as the talk of Manning being the GOAT.

Wedgie

Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a fool.[/QUOTE]

How did Lynch do anyway?

39 yards.

You are correct, wasnt taking into account just how bad the broncos secondary was. If the Broncos had been as good as ANY NFC west team, it would have been a grinding game. As it unfolded, it was MUCH easier to score through the air, so they did.
:laugh3:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I got half of this prediction right anyway...
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/4477508-post58.html
You are kind of predictable. I admit I haven't read even a fraction of this board over the last 12 hours or so, so I may have missed it, but I didn't see you giving any congratulations to the Seahawks nor any admission that your outrage over those Seahawk fans that dared to believe they were going to blow out Denver was wrong. You made sure you told each of us to be sure to be here after the game so you could rip us, but I'm not seeing you living up to your own ideals. You expect us to bow down and kiss your feet if we dare to double post and yet no apology for all the crap you spewed that proved to be wrong. Again, I'll apologize if you have indeed taken your crow and I missed it, but I'd be surprised to find you have. I don't see you as having anything that resembles honor.

I do love this slam though. One guy said Lynch was going to run for 150y and he already told you he did so just to push your buttons. He said that before the game so it wasn't to save face. And what is the ONLY thing you can say after that game? Lynch didn't rush for 150y and Seattle's defense wasn't even better than your own '08 defense. :laugh3::L

If you had any credibility, it is surely as dead now as the talk of Manning being the GOAT.

Those predicting a Seattle blow out were bragging about your OFFENSE doing it, not your defense. Does this sound familiar?

"When Denver puts 8 men in the box to stop Lynch, Wilson is going to go off".

My predictions were on the money. I said Lynch wouldn't break 100, let alone 150. I was right. Hell, Lynch didn't even crack 40. I said Wilson wasn't going to 'go off' and he didn't. I can say that.

His Lynch prediction wasn't about pushing buttons. What happened was that he ran his mouth and then later in the week regretted it, and tried to back track. I told him I'd call him out for that and I have.

And hey, I can use these too:

:lol: :laugh3: :agree: :wtf2: :omg:

Wedgie

Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ya stupid twat, our offense put up a ton of points, but maybe you just cannot count that high?

Speaking of diseased mudflaps, GFY.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a fool.

LOL dude I'm a football fan and watched the whole game yesterday and know what I saw. I picked a team that lost = big efing deal.

it was a good game because I like football regardless..someone has to win and lose and so it goes.

Seattle has one now and we have to wait for Cleveland and Detroit to at least finally get in one....

.....it will probably be a while.....:hope:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ya stupid twat, our offense put up a ton of points, but maybe you just cannot count that high?

Speaking of diseased mudflaps, GFY.

Insult me all you want...you were wrong. You ran your mouth about Lynch and were wrong. He got less than a third of what you predicted.

And hey look....more of these....

:laugh3: :pound: :agree::wtf2::omg:

Wedgie

Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insult me all you want...you were wrong. You ran your mouth about Lynch and were wrong. He got less than a third of what you predicted.

Yeah, I was wrong, about ONE thing, you are ALWAYS wrong.

So, go sit in a corner and quietly FY.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are so bitter. Lucky for you the season is over and you can relax on hating Seattle for a couple months, unless you want to rip on the Mariners as well... we can't really defend them.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are so bitter. Lucky for you the season is over and you can relax on hating Seattle for a couple months, unless you want to rip on the Mariners as well... we can't really defend them.

Bitter? About what?

I'm not a Broncos fan. I have nothing against the Seahawks.

Not really a baseball fan.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about best defense for a specific time period (all games considered) or just Super Bowl performances?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see certain posters that would be the first to talk trash if Seattle would have lost, act like they were not impressed that they won..

I guess that is the benefit of trolling, if youre right you tout yourself and troll more, if youre wrong you act like you dont care and troll more.

Last edited by a moderator:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see certain posters that would be the first to talk trash if Seattle would have lost, act like they dont care that they won..

I guess that is the benefit of trolling, if youre right you tout yourself and troll more, if youre wrong you act like you dont care and troll more.

its all pointless indirect fun in the first place LOL its not like I'm worried about any E rep and stopped posting..we rooted for teams that one and lost and now have fun talking about it. Either way it doesn't mean much of anything unless you are an actual NFL player...but I still hate lime green in a football uniform :laugh3:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its all pointless indirect fun in the first place LOL its not like I'm worried about any E rep and stopped posting..we rooted for teams that one and lost and now have fun talking about it. Either way it doesn't mean much of anything unless you are an actual NFL player...but I still hate lime green in a football uniform :laugh3:

If Denver wins, youre not this dismissive. You would be trolling the shit out the Seahawks right now.