• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are the first cuts? And who do you guys think we be cut first? Or what names that have been really battling for spots do you expect do be cut?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see 1 QB cut. I think his name will be scott.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks make more roster cuts

Seattle released linebackers Kyle Knox and Craig Wilkins, tight ends Jameson Konz, Andrei Lintz and Kyle Nelson, defensive tackle Martin Parker and receiver Perez Ashford. The Seahawks also terminated the contract of receiver Brett Swain.

Does anyone know the difference, if any, between released and terminated the contract? Or was that the author not wanting to reuse the word release and instead used a synonym? Is release when waiver can be used but terminated the term for when FAs don't go through the waiver wire, like when Manning didn't?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Colton Schmidt put some nice film out there. Good punting, and even a nice tackle or two. I'll be interested to see if he gets picked up.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colton Schmidt put some nice film out there. Good punting, and even a nice tackle or two. I'll be interested to see if he gets picked up.

I'll root for him as much as you could root for a punter...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seattle Seahawks make more roster cuts

Seattle released linebackers Kyle Knox and Craig Wilkins, tight ends Jameson Konz, Andrei Lintz and Kyle Nelson, defensive tackle Martin Parker and receiver Perez Ashford. The Seahawks also terminated the contract of receiver Brett Swain.

Does anyone know the difference, if any, between released and terminated the contract? Or was that the author not wanting to reuse the word release and instead used a synonym? Is release when waiver can be used but terminated the term for when FAs don't go through the waiver wire, like when Manning didn't?

Jesse Williams to IR. He's a steal if he can get healthy, but that may be a big if. Of course, our two drafted DL aren't looking much more likely to have an impact this season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why Collie will probably be cut but at the same time I was kind of rooting for him to make the team. Other than that don't see any real suprises yet.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too many unexpected names, but I was really surprised that Da'Rick Rogers was cut. I figured he'd be one of those players that would have had a decent career as a #2 or #3 WR. Maybe he just needs to get his head on right and Buffalo isn't the place for that.

Also, Josh Cribbs getting released from a bad Raiders team is a bit surprising. Maybe Seeley will bring him on board, since LMJ hasn't been great as a punt returner so far. That would hurt Osgood's chances of making the team if that's the case. But the niners have a bunch of ST aces already (Spillman, Dixon, Moore, Skuta, Moody, maybe Ventrone), so cutting one probably won't hurt. They can kick the tires on McKnight for PR too, even though he's more hype than substance.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Austin Collie - WR - 49ers

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Austin Collie isn't in the 49ers' plans.

Collie isn't going to make the team. Coach Jim Harbaugh recently indicated that Collie wasn't fully recovered from last season's torn patellar tendon. The 27-year-old is no higher than sixth on the depth chart, and he didn't appear in Sunday night's dress rehearsal until late in the third quarter. Collie played 14 snaps and caught one pass for eight yards. He needs more time to get healthy.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Aug 26 - 6:00 PM

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too many unexpected names, but I was really surprised that Da'Rick Rogers was cut. I figured he'd be one of those players that would have had a decent career as a #2 or #3 WR. Maybe he just needs to get his head on right and Buffalo isn't the place for that.

Also, Josh Cribbs getting released from a bad Raiders team is a bit surprising. Maybe Seeley will bring him on board, since LMJ hasn't been great as a punt returner so far. That would hurt Osgood's chances of making the team if that's the case. But the niners have a bunch of ST aces already (Spillman, Dixon, Moore, Skuta, Moody, maybe Ventrone), so cutting one probably won't hurt. They can kick the tires on McKnight for PR too, even though he's more hype than substance.

It's being reported Cribbs has lost a lot of speed & explosiveness could be due to him still being injured but I doubt Cribbs will make our or any NFL roster anytime soon.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he got cut by the Raiders that means he lost it.