• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's Offseason thread 2022

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been having some drafts recently. Figured I would post and brag.

10 teams. PPR with some wrinkles. Start QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 3 RB/WR/TE, 2 Superflex, a bunch of IDPs.

My offense (pre draft)...

QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Winston, Dalton, Taysom Hill
RB - Henry, Chubb, Jacobs, Conner, Drake
WR - DHop, Cooper, Godwin, Renfrow, C. Davis, Hollywood, Golladay, Gage, Robbie A, Cobb, Watkins, Hamler, Cephus
TE - Fant, Engram, Cook

I picked 8th and didn't make any trades prior to the draft.

Traded 1.8 for Damien Harris and 2.9
2.8 - WR Gabriel Davis, Buf
2.9 - RB Dameon Pierce, NE
3.8 - RB Brian Robinson III, Was
4.8 - LB Tremaine Edmonds, Buf
5.8 - RB Pierre Strong, NE

Still have a little depth issue at QB since we can start 3. There are options on the wire. Drew Lock and Mitch Trubisky are the best available. Geno Smith is there, too, so I could double him up with Lock. Jordan Love is also there, but he probably won't help much this year. Could probably dangle a WR or RB for a middling starter. Should probably look at cuffing Mahomes and/or Cousins.

grab Trubs

who did the other owner take at 1.08 for Harris and 2.09?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team dynasty. Half PPR with some bonuses. Start QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 flex and a bunch of IDPs. Max at RB and WR position is 8 players.

My Offense...

QB - Hebert, Dak, Stafford
RB - Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Barkley, Michael Carter
WR - DHop, Evans, Mike Williams, Eli Moore, Golladay, Josh Palmer
TE - Waller, Engram

Traded 1.3 for WR CeeDee Lamb
1.7 - WR Treylon Burks, Ten
2.2 - RB James Cook, Buf
Traded 2.11 for RB Devin Singletary
4.11 - coming up, but I will probably just end up passing, unless I can trade it for a pick next year. Dude sent an email to the league offering Dalton Schultz for a 4th, but I really can't find anyone to drop to pick up Schultz.

Also dropped Golladay for Kadarius Toney, who was somehow on the ww.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team dynasty. Half PPR with some bonuses. Start QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 flex and a bunch of IDPs. Max at RB and WR position is 8 players.

My Offense...

TE - Waller, Engram

2.2 - RB James Cook, Buf
4.11 - coming up, but I will probably just end up passing, unless I can trade it for a pick next year. Dude sent an email to the league offering Dalton Schultz for a 4th, but I really can't find anyone to drop to pick up Schultz.

Dropped Golladay instead of Josh Palmer? Guess Golladay stock is bottoming out.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped Golladay instead of Josh Palmer? Guess Golladay stock is bottoming out.
It was definitely between those 2. I have had small trade talks involving Palmer, so I was holding on to him in case they end up going somewhere. Plus, he is sort of a handcuff for Mike Williams, although, Golladay and Toney could potentially have a similar relationship.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My Offense...

TE - Waller, Engram

2.2 - RB James Cook, Buf

I'd drop Engram and trade a pick I didn't plan to use for Schultz in a heartbeat. Not nearly the athlete as Engram, but one guy gets targets and catches and the other is all potential, imo

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop Engram and trade a pick I didn't plan to use for Schultz in a heartbeat. Not nearly the athlete as Engram, but one guy gets targets and catches and the other is all potential, imo
Agree here too.
However, since TE can easily disappoint, i might wait and see what happens when the season starts. Not sure if you have that kind of patience? But every season an unexpected under-the-radar TE shines early who is worth grabbing for the season, while everyone else is holding onto last year's hero waiting for him to step it up.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My Offense...

TE - Waller, Engram

2.2 - RB James Cook, Buf

If Burks comes through you're in good shape although you could use one more receiver. Since you need to start at least three WRs I'd pick up NWI if he's free as Burks insurance.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team PPR league. Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex (R/W/T), TE, K, DEF, 7 Bench. Passing 1/25 and 6 pt TDs. Other than that, pretty normal scoring.

We keep 1 player and lose the draft pick that we drafted him in up through the 5th round. 6th or later, you lose a 6th and if you picked him up on the ww, then you lose your 8th (Pretty sure, but I am checking with the commish. May be a 7th). You cannot keep the same player you kept last year. I will have to go through and see who was kept last year later. I know I kept Keenan Allen for my 5th. I have the #1 overall pick. For now, just looking to get my juices going about who I am keeping. Deadline to declare is 2 days before the draft, set for the 1st week in September. These are my best options, imo...

Derrick Henry - 1st - This is the main reason I want to see who is going to be available.
David Montgomery - 3rd - This would be 3.1, so I hesitate, but not the worst option in the world.
Courtland Sutton - 6th - Solid value and someone I am high on this year with the QB change.
Sony Michel - 6th - If he happens to win the starting job or there are a couple injuries. Not banking on it.
Michael Thomas - 6th - Sutton would probably be safer, but maybe he plays in the pre season and looks good enough to consider.
Aman-Ra St. Brown - 8th - Or maybe a 7th. Commish hasn't answered me yet, so I am not sure.

So, there is nobody that jumps out as a huge value as of now. Not sure what can happen to launch someone into that category outside of a few RB injuries at the Dolphins camp to clear the way for Michel. I think Henry has to be out, since I have the #1 pick and I can just take him there and have the option to keep him next year if I want him bad enough. Monty for a 3 wouldn't be bad, but I think the best value is either with Sutton for a 6th (would be 6.12) or Amon-Ra for an 8th (would be 8.12 if I am correct in the cost of ww players).

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been looking at last year's draft and I think it is a 7th for ww guys, but it doesn't clearly mark who was kept, so I am still not positive.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team PPR league. Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex (R/W/T), TE, K, DEF, 7 Bench. Passing 1/25 and 6 pt TDs. Other than that, pretty normal scoring.

We keep 1 player and lose the draft pick that we drafted him in up through the 5th round. 6th or later, you lose a 6th and if you picked him up on the ww, then you lose your 8th (Pretty sure, but I am checking with the commish. May be a 7th). You cannot keep the same player you kept last year. I will have to go through and see who was kept last year later. I know I kept Keenan Allen for my 5th. I have the #1 overall pick. For now, just looking to get my juices going about who I am keeping. Deadline to declare is 2 days before the draft, set for the 1st week in September. These are my best options, imo...

Derrick Henry - 1st - This is the main reason I want to see who is going to be available.
David Montgomery - 3rd - This would be 3.1, so I hesitate, but not the worst option in the world.
Courtland Sutton - 6th - Solid value and someone I am high on this year with the QB change.
Sony Michel - 6th - If he happens to win the starting job or there are a couple injuries. Not banking on it.
Michael Thomas - 6th - Sutton would probably be safer, but maybe he plays in the pre season and looks good enough to consider.
Aman-Ra St. Brown - 8th - Or maybe a 7th. Commish hasn't answered me yet, so I am not sure.

So, there is nobody that jumps out as a huge value as of now. Not sure what can happen to launch someone into that category outside of a few RB injuries at the Dolphins camp to clear the way for Michel. I think Henry has to be out, since I have the #1 pick and I can just take him there and have the option to keep him next year if I want him bad enough. Monty for a 3 wouldn't be bad, but I think the best value is either with Sutton for a 6th (would be 6.12) or Amon-Ra for an 8th (would be 8.12 if I am correct in the cost of ww players).
Reading this makes me regret never doing a keeper league as so much strategy goes into it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you keep two 6th round guys? How does that work?
If so, Sutton and Thomas stand out to me.
Sutton seems to be the no brainer actually.
Obviously, Thomas will be pending on the next few weeks.
Otherwise, I don’t believe Amon is worth it over Monty in the 3rd.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you keep two 6th round guys? How does that work?
If so, Sutton and Thomas stand out to me.
Sutton seems to be the no brainer actually.
Obviously, Thomas will be pending on the next few weeks.
Otherwise, I don’t believe Amon is worth it over Monty in the 3rd.
I can only keep 1 player.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this makes me regret never doing a keeper league as so much strategy goes into it.
There really is a lot to think about. I has the number 1 pick last year (Been having bad luck in this league) and I had the great strategy of purposefully picking Carson at 2.12 and Monty at 3.1 because I felt Monty had better keeper potential. I did hope that it would be more than a one spot difference, but little things like that get overlooked in this type of league by lesser fantasy players (he says while holding the number 1 pick for the 2nd year in a row).

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I has? Who the hell edited this garbage?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton or Monty, but I'd lean Sutton since its only a 6th rd pick

just draft Henry again if he's the best player left, and hope for the best on your 2/3 turn

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Jefferson or Kupp end up back in the pile and Chase possibly? I'd consider them for 1st pick as well in PPR format