• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's Offseason thread 2022

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDP guys... I mentioned that I need another DL. Javon Hargrave, Gregory Rousseau, Jonathan Greenard, Charles Harris and Marcus Davenport are all available. Any preference there?

Homer alert, but I love me some Roussy!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after drafting 2 TEs so early, I made it well known that I am open for business. Had some people interested, but nobody has put any sort of offer together. I played around with a few teams and didn't really see anything that I like. Delved a little deeper and found this possibility...

His team...

QB - Lance
RB - Ekeler, Akers, Chase Edmonds, Rhamondre, Pollard
WR - ARob, Amon-Ra, Gabriel Davis, Aiyuk, Skyy Moore, Pickens, Marvin Jones
TE - Irv Smith

My team...

QB - Mahomes
RB - Elliott, D. Montgomery, AJ Dillon, D. Harris, K. Walker, Mattison
WR - Diggs, Mooney, Thielen, Kirk, C. Claypool
TE - M. Andrews, K. Pitts

I'm going to wait until some offers come to me before proposing this, but this is what I came up with...

Pitts, Harris, and Mattison

for

Akers, ARob and Pollard

Not sure how much Pitts' potential keeper value should be factored in, but I do like the handcuff of Pollard and he will appreciate the trade off with Harris. He has the WR depth to stand the loss of Robinson (or Amon, if I decide I like him better. He drafted them both on the same turn) I like the upgrade at RB, although I'm not sure how I feel about Akers, but he would be a flex option most weeks. Should I ask for something else? IDP upgrade or mid round draft pick bump or something like that? We use picks to even out a lot of deals in this league.

Pretty terrified of Akers.

I’d wait it out. Someone will come calling for a TE.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a discussion with the aforementioned guy. He was thinking Akers and a pick. Good set up to bring up my offer, but now that Mattison has trade rumors circulating, I kind of want to hold on and see where he lands.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which do you guys like better?

Pitts, Harris, and Mattison

for

Akers, ARob and Pollard

or

Pitts, Harris, and Monty

for

Ekeler, ARob and Pollard

May be able to wiggle Monty out of there in exchange for Walker, but I also may have to throw in a pick in that scenario.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, scratch all that. He's not coming off either of the cuffs he has. We're going to hold off for now. I have another team I am looking at. I will post it tomorrow if I am still intrigued and send out a feeler.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very much leaning towards Sutton right now. So, the next focus will be on who to take #1 overall. I did some looking into things and have a projection of who will be kept. I don't know most of these guys too well, but it looks like the top available guys are going to be Henry and McCaffrey. After those two, it looks like Mixon, Swift, Saquan, Aaron Jones and guys in that tier. I lean McCaffrey, but I fear the injury bug. But it is not like Henry isn't in danger either, considering last season and the overall wear on him from the years leading up to that. I can't trade draft picks or else I would be dangling that pick like a mofo. It is possible that I could agree to an unofficial deal with the one of the 3 guys I do know well and just draft the traded picks for each other and make the deal after the draft, but that is stretching it (although, I will explore the possibility). But assuming I am stuck with the pick, who you got? Or is there someone else I should be considering?

My projected keeper list, in case someone is curious...

Cook (1st)
Ekeler (1st)
Najee (1st)
Taylor (2nd)
Kupp (3rd)
DJ Moore (4th) - I don't remember his other options, but I don't think they are good.
Javonte (5th)
Conner (6th)
Chase (6th)
Fournette (6th)
Elijah Mitchell (7th or 8th - I still don't know for sure)
Keepers were announced. Draft is tomorrow. Anyone have any last minute input on this?

Updated keeper list

Cook (1st)
Ekeler (1st)
Najee (1st)
Jefferson (1st)
Taylor (2nd)
Kupp (3rd)
Andrews (4th)
Courtland Sutton (6th - My keeper)
Josh Allen (7th)
Chase (7th)
Brandin Cooks (8th)
Fournette (9th)

I didn't think we could lose a pick after the 6th unless it was a ww pickup, but I guess I was wrong. Glad I know that now, so I can plan my turns and pick the better keeper option with the latter pick. Anyway, I still think it comes down to CMac and Henry. I have Henry in one of my other pay leagues (I have 3 total), but I don't want to switch things up just for the sake of change.

I'm leaning towards Henry, but will probably go back and forth until I get on the clock tomorrow night.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final draft of the season. 12 teams, PPR, 1 keeper (lose the round and can't keep same player twice in a row). Picking 1st.

QB - Dak (8), Stafford (11)
RB - Henry (1), Zeke (2), Etienne (3), Dobbins (4), Breece Hall (5), Pollard (7)
WR - Sutton (6K), DHop (9), J. Williams (12), R. Moore (13), G. Wilson (15)
TE - Freiermuth (10)
K - Hopkins (16)
DEF - New Orleans (14)

I didn't plan on going so RB heavy, but here we are. They kept falling, so I kept taking them. Ignored WR, which is unlike me, but I felt I needed to take some risks to make up for it, so I grabbed DHop and hope that I can get enough out of some scrubs until he gets back. I plan on sticking Williams on IR as soon as I can and grabbing another WR. Have my eye on some some guys that I will probably get your opinion on when the dust settles.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it is waivers until Thursday. I am last on the waiver order, but I will probably just sit out and make some moves as soon as I can after they run. Threw Williams on IR and am looking at a couple of guys who went undrafted. I probably need the best bet for points early in the season. Here are the ones that stick out...

Marvin Jones @ WAS
Russel Gage @ DAL - if Godwin is out.
AJ Green vs KC
Mecole Hardman @ ARI
Robbie Anderson vs CLE
Donovan Peoples-Jones @ CAR
Corey Davis vs BAL
Randall Cobb @ MIN
Sammy Watkins @ MIN
Kenny Golladay @ TEN
Rashard Higgins vs CLE - Chemistry with Baker in the double revenge game
Braxton Berrios vs BAL

Or swing for the fences...

Wan'Dale Robinson @ TEN
Josh Palmer vs LV
Zay Jones @ WAS

I have my eye on the Green Bay guys. Leaning towards Cobb with the familiarity, but I have been hearing Watkins and Rodgers are working well together. And Watkins should be good for 1 or 2 solid games this year with about 8 games missed in between. Iirc, he has been pretty good in week 1.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add KJ Hamler and Alec Pierce to the swing for the fences category.