• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's Offseason thread 2022

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did say this was PPR... so anyone who catches 4+ balls per game is pretty valuable... especially a 3 down back...
Sorry. Half PPR. I get my leagues mixed up.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did say this was PPR... so anyone who catches 4+ balls per game is pretty valuable... especially a 3 down back...
I know Barkley is highly regarded as a 3-down RB, i guess my point was if he is getting offers, i would look to part ways with him. Yes, i am biased and dont see Barkley returning to his rookie year production.

It can be a slippery slope, highly regarded player comes in and produces right away, then declines and gets hurt.... there is always that voice in your head that says he'll bounce back. Maybe its a poor comparison but whenever Josh Gordon's name makes the news, he is picked up in every league. And he hasnt been relevant in half a decade. Is Barkley on the same path? Wish i had the answer.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Barkley is highly regarded as a 3-down RB, i guess my point was if he is getting offers, i would look to part ways with him. Yes, i am biased and dont see Barkley returning to his rookie year production.

It can be a slippery slope, highly regarded player comes in and produces right away, then declines and gets hurt.... there is always that voice in your head that says he'll bounce back. Maybe its a poor comparison but whenever Josh Gordon's name makes the news, he is picked up in every league. And he hasnt

oh i agree... he has some major red flags... but how many players realistically can be RB 1 in fantasy?? he is one, it was very recent, that that was what we thought about him... and the situation with his team is probably the best he has ever had, best offensive line he has had...

problem with trading someone at their lowest, is that you just dont get much for them... and if that player does meet original expectations, you just gave someone else a championship...

id much rather have him on my bench, until he shows something... UNLESS you are able to trade him at 80%+ value...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I would imagine that there are other fantasy owners that feel as you do about Barkley. And for that reason, Barkley's value may be as high as it's going to get - which is why I think if someone throws the kitchen sink at femurov for him, he should consider it.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I would imagine that there are other fantasy owners that feel as you do about Barkley. And for that reason, Barkley's value may be as high as it's going to get - which is why I think if someone throws the kitchen sink at femurov for him, he should consider it.

what would you add to Barkley in order to get Lamb?

I think that's the position @femurov is in if he goes that route vs dealing the 1.3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of course the kitchen sink... What i am saying is that if you are down on him, you cant look for an offer for the value that you currently have on him...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

let me change the scenario... this was a keeper league for only 2022... and you can only keep one player with NO PENALTY...

the options are: (ADP rankings of the group) (milks ranking)

diontae Johnson(5) (5)
Antonio Gibson( 1) (4)
Saquon Barkley(4) (1)
Dk Metcalf (3) (3)
David Montgomery (2) (2)

who would you keep(probably should not have put a Bear on the list)...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough list.
Looking at work load is important.
But you also want to look at the offense itself.
In other words, does the offense force the player to make his own yards, or does it compliment him to accumulate yards?
In the list of 5, it might be Gibson who may be the beneficiary of a productive offense.
It's debatable, I know.

The best player isn't always the best option.
Sometimes it's the situation.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me change the scenario... this was a keeper league for only 2022... and you can only keep one player with NO PENALTY...

diontae Johnson(5) (5)
Antonio Gibson( 1) (4)
Saquon Barkley(4) (1)
Dk Metcalf (3) (3)
David Montgomery (2) (2)

I think I take the shot on Barkley there. Both WRs lost their QBs and have ??s. Gibson could be losing touches. Monty is in a decent situation, but nothing spectacular. I guess I would need more info about your team and draft order and who would be available and such. But it would probably be Monty or Barkley.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

diontae Johnson(5) (5)
Antonio Gibson( 1) (4)
Saquon Barkley(4) (1)
Dk Metcalf (3) (3)
David Montgomery (2) (2)

I think it would be Montgomery for me. I think he's going to get a ton of volume and I trust him more than Barkley right now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montgomery is the safe bet and think he'd be my choice.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty is intriguing, but there are quite a number of expectations for the Bears... Can Fields improve? Can the O-line be shuffled to hide its weaknesses? Does a WR opposite Mooney emerge?

If the odds makers in Las Vegas are any indication, the outlook for CHI is not a promising one.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

diontae Johnson(5) (5)
Antonio Gibson( 1) (4)
Saquon Barkley(4) (1)
Dk Metcalf (3) (3)
David Montgomery (2) (2)

who would you keep(probably should not have put a

Monty if I'm trying to win, Barkley if I'm rebuilding

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team dynasty. Half PPR with some bonuses. Start QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 flex and a bunch of IDPs. Max at RB and WR position is 8 players.

My Offense...

QB - Hebert, Dak, Stafford
RB - Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Barkley, Michael Carter
WR - DHop, CeeDee, Evans, Mike Williams, Eli Moore, Golladay, Treylon Burks (just drafted at 1.7), Josh Palmer
TE - Waller, Engram

2.2, 2.11, 4.11

His Offense...

QB - Jimmy G, Davis Mills
RB - J. Taylor, Ekeler, Ronald Jones, Mattison
WR - Diggs, AJ Brown, Waddell, Amon Ra, Boyd, Josh Reynolds, Tim Patrick, KJ Osborn
TE - Mark Andrews

1.10 (on the clock), 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

So, the other team is my arch nemesis in fantasy football. He is from Arkansas and loves Burks. He's talking like he is going to offer 1.10 and his 1st next year for him. I will probably take that. But, as we have talked about on here before, you always aim high. I threw out Burks, Herbert and Barkley for JT and 1.10 (Garrett Wilson is on the board and would be the pick for me).

We were also talking earlier in the offseason about a pretty big deal involving AJ Brown and Diggs for Herbert, Mike Williams and Michael Carter. The draft blew that all up as values changed, but I was thinking about something like Diggs (or Brown) and 1.10 for Burks and Herbert. Because of the max, I could throw in another WR with that, although Golladay or Palmer would be the only ones I would feel good about including in that deal. Or, I could just take the original 1.10 and his 1st next year and call it a day.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really liked the offer for JT, but turned it down. I went to the 1st next year and he had a change of heart. Looks like I will hold onto Burks.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really liked the offer for JT, but turned it down. I went to the 1st next year and he had a change of heart. Looks like I will hold onto Burks.

At least you know where to go when Titans play from behind and funnel targets his way, hope it happens once early for ya, but I'd prefer a game script that's more Henry/Haskins in the 2nd halves personally

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you know where to go when Titans play from behind and funnel targets his way, hope it happens once early for ya, but I'd prefer a game script that's more Henry/Haskins in the 2nd halves personally
The last thing he said was that we would pick up talks later on this season. I responded that he shouldn't wait too long because his value is only going to shoot up and that it would cost JT plus someone else for him by the end of the year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing he said was that we would pick up talks later on this season. I responded that he shouldn't wait too long because his value is only going to shoot up and that it would cost JT plus someone else for him by the end of the year.

As a titans fan, if we're talking about Burks being worth more than JT next off season, I might die from how fast the blood rushes from my brain to my nether region

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been having some drafts recently. Figured I would post and brag.

10 teams. PPR with some wrinkles. Start QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 3 RB/WR/TE, 2 Superflex, a bunch of IDPs.

My offense (pre draft)...

QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Winston, Dalton, Taysom Hill
RB - Henry, Chubb, Jacobs, Conner, Drake
WR - DHop, Cooper, Godwin, Renfrow, C. Davis, Hollywood, Golladay, Gage, Robbie A, Cobb, Watkins, Hamler, Cephus
TE - Fant, Engram, Cook

I picked 8th and didn't make any trades prior to the draft.

Traded 1.8 for Damien Harris and 2.9
2.8 - WR Gabriel Davis, Buf
2.9 - RB Dameon Pierce, NE
3.8 - RB Brian Robinson III, Was
4.8 - LB Tremaine Edmonds, Buf
5.8 - RB Pierre Strong, NE

Still have a little depth issue at QB since we can start 3. There are options on the wire. Drew Lock and Mitch Trubisky are the best available. Geno Smith is there, too, so I could double him up with Lock. Jordan Love is also there, but he probably won't help much this year. Could probably dangle a WR or RB for a middling starter. Should probably look at cuffing Mahomes and/or Cousins.