• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's Offseason thread 2022

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough to add any to what has already been stated clearly and bang on

but ill try thus my thoughts -----

I think DoublEE's trade value could actually find ya getting more than he is worth (when compared to the value of) keeping him and losing value on the player ya drop to keep him same for Barkley

also very important to hang as long as ya can to find out if your site's setting has Deebo listed as a Wr/Rb

the 1st of the 4 kept for now has to be Adams (no way ya cut him until the Adams/Rodgers scenarios play out)

from here it is tough as you are not sure when the cut to 2 comes are ya keeping Adams (as it might not have played out yet) thus i think ya need to decide if

Deebo stays in the 4 or Diggs and i do believe as you stated Diggs has to go

so if ya go this way then only 2 tough choices left to be made

now if it is anything like most leagues 1 is an Rb so EE out i believe Barkley's potential has to win out here yet it still maybe to trade before cutting to two

so now if ya keep Adams- and Deebo and certainly only 1 rb that only leaves a decision of Mahomes or Andrews if ya feel better served with both the Qb and Te then ya know Deebo must go as well to have Adams 1 Rb 1 TE 1 QB

with all that said what happens if Adams is your choice for the final 2 and GBay only decides after ya cut to 2 then ya have a problem

i hope my book version is clear

and even with all i said above

I honestly think that ya should if ya can think hard who ya ultimately want as your last 2 (Wow! The Milk Way) and then keep 2 more who hold the most potential trade value knowing that you are set on your last 2 already prob impossible i know...

as crazy as this sounds can ya trade Adams now and get the value back ya need and have the other decisions fall a little easier into place...

1 thing im certain of is if ya are keeping either Andrews or Mahomes but not both make that decision asap.....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough to add any to what has already been stated clearly and bang on

but ill try thus my thoughts -----

I think DoublEE's trade value could actually find ya getting more than he is worth (when compared to the value of) keeping him and losing value on the player ya drop to keep him same for Barkley

also very important to hang as long as ya can to find out if your site's setting has Deebo listed as a Wr/Rb

the 1st of the 4 kept for now has to be Adams (no way ya cut him until the Adams/Rodgers scenarios play out)

from here it is tough as you are not sure when the cut to 2 comes are ya keeping Adams (as it might not have played out yet) thus i think ya need to decide if

Deebo stays in the 4 or Diggs and i do believe as you stated Diggs has to go

so if ya go this way then only 2 tough choices left to be made

now if it is anything like most leagues 1 is an Rb so EE out i believe Barkley's potential has to win out here yet it still maybe to trade before cutting to two

so now if ya keep Adams- and Deebo and certainly only 1 rb that only leaves a decision of Mahomes or Andrews if ya feel better served with both the Qb and Te then ya know Deebo must go as well to have Adams 1 Rb 1 TE 1 QB

with all that said what happens if Adams is your choice for the final 2 and GBay only decides after ya cut to 2 then ya have a problem

i hope my book version is clear

and even with all i said above

I honestly think that ya should if ya can think hard who ya ultimately want as your last 2 (Wow! The Milk Way) and then keep 2 more who hold the most potential trade value knowing that you are set on your last 2 already prob impossible i know...

as crazy as this sounds can ya trade Adams now and get the value back ya need and have the other decisions fall a little easier into place...

1 thing im certain of is if ya are keeping either Andrews or Mahomes but not both make that decision asap.....
Good point about Deebo. It has crossed my mind, but I didn't mention that earlier. We use MFL and I don't know when they announce that kind of stuff. If I had to guess, I would say that San fran would rather him be a WR and he was just used as a RB out of necessity this year. But it is possible that they keep some things in the playbook and maybe add more because of the success he had.

As for the bolded part, that is usually my mindset. Focus on the last 2, but have others in mind in case I get a crazy trade offer that I can't turn down. I did go back through the rosters and there are a few more possibilities for trades, but I still can't rely on making a deal. I can (and will) try to put myself in the position to have as much flexibility as I can. As well as I know the people in this league, there is usually a surprise or 2 during the off season that comes out of nowhere, whether it be a trade or with someone's keepers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about Deebo. It has crossed my mind, but I didn't mention that earlier. We use MFL and I don't know when they announce that kind of stuff. If I had to guess, I would say that San fran would rather him be a WR and he was just used as a RB out of necessity this year. But it is possible that they keep some things in the playbook and maybe add more because of the success he had.

As for the bolded part, that is usually my mindset. Focus on the last 2, but have others in mind in case I get a crazy trade offer that I can't turn down. I did go back through the rosters and there are a few more possibilities for trades, but I still can't rely on making a deal. I can (and will) try to put myself in the position to have as much flexibility as I can. As well as I know the people in this league, there is usually a surprise or 2 during the off season that comes out of nowhere, whether it be a trade or with someone's keepers.

of course you know your league better than us... so you have more of an idea on which owners will do whatever...

but imo your top 4 keepers are Deebo, Adams, Zeke, Barkley...

but your best trade values are Barkley and Mahomes...

is this a home league, or with people all over??

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you know your league better than us... so you have more of an idea on which owners will do whatever...

but imo your top 4 keepers are Deebo, Adams, Zeke, Barkley...

but your best trade values are Barkley and Mahomes...

is this a home league, or with people all over??
Based at home, but there are 2 guys who live out of the country now.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Mahomes
Ezekiel Elliott
Davante Adams
Mark Andrews

This is the four I would keep. Even if Andrews falls down a bit he's still at worst a top 5 tight end and I'm with Steelers that it is too big of an advantage at that position to not think about keeping him. Diggs had an off year and I don't think you can keep more than one wide receiver so Adams has to be that guy. I would keep Elliott over Barkley because I would want absolutely nothing to do with him at this point. His problem hasn't been usage in New York as he's getting plenty of touches, he's just not the same guy he was three years ago. The burst isn't there and neither is the breaking tackles and recognizing holes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly leaning towards keeping Barkley at the moment. I feel like he has a super high ceiling, especially if he does get dealt to another team or if the Giants somehow fix their line and get a QB (they should have 2 high first round picks). And if not, I will have a couple other options for keeping when it is time to cut to 3. I think I can afford to wait and see what happens there without too much risk.

I have been thinking about this on and off for a few weeks and am leaning towards Mahomes, Adams, and Barkley for sure at the moment. My 4th is all over the place, but battling between Zeke and Deebo right now. I have a little over a month to change my mind about 25 times, though, which I am pretty sure I will do.

Man….

I think Barkley might be done as an elite fantasy asset.

He is a decent keeper, but you have some same good options.

I would rank Barkley and Elliot last on your list. Adams, Deebo and Andrews are my top 3 right now.

Mahomes is 4 for me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man….

I think Barkley might be done as an elite fantasy asset.

He is a decent keeper, but you have some same good options.

I would rank Barkley and Elliot last on your list. Adams, Deebo and Andrews are my top 3 right now.

Mahomes is 4 for me.

maybe keep deebo just in case he gets RB eligibility... if he does, then he is golden...

but this league he only starts 2 WR and a flex... I would really hate going into the draft without one RB, even if both his RB keepers are on the "decline"...

if this was three WRs+ flex, i think i would be totally fine with my two keepers being Adams and Deebo...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe keep deebo just in case he gets RB eligibility... if he does, then he is golden...

but this league he only starts 2 WR and a flex... I would really hate going into the draft without one RB, even if both his RB keepers are on the "decline"...

if this was three WRs+ flex, i think i would be totally fine with my two keepers being Adams and Deebo...

I hear you, but I would hate even more to throw a high end WR1 back and keep an RB2/3.

That is where both Barkley and Zeke are trending. Both men got outplayed by their backups, Zeke pretty severely.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but I would hate even more to throw a high end WR1 back and keep an RB2/3.

That is where both Barkley and Zeke are trending. Both men got outplayed by their backups, Zeke pretty severely.

They still have great names though. Shrewd owners may not want them today. But there names are strong enough that if anything positive happens to either during the off season they will not only jump back to first round value. But there trade value in this type of keeper league would skyrocket.

Maybe keep deebo on the list just to protect yourself from not being able to trade.

But for trade value only Mahomes and those rbs are his best chance to get a second elite keeper next to adams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have great names though. Shrewd owners may not want them today. But there names are strong enough that if anything positive happens to either during the off season they will not only jump back to first round value. But there trade value in this type of keeper league would skyrocket.

Maybe keep deebo on the list just to protect yourself from not being able to trade.

But for trade value only Mahomes and those rbs are his best chance to get a second elite keeper next to adams.

Not sure I buy it

In a league where you can only keep a limited number of players, trade value for fringe keepers is minimal.

Keeping anybody simply because you bank on trading them for a better player is a mistake, IMO.

I don’t love the idea of not having a running back, but if you have 2 elite WRs and either a QB or TE, you can get but without a top RB.

Barkley and Elliott are not too RBs anymore, IMO.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I buy it

In a league where you can only keep a limited number of players, trade value for fringe keepers is minimal.

Keeping anybody simply because you bank on trading them for a better player is a mistake, IMO.

I don’t love the idea of not having a running back, but if you have 2 elite WRs and either a QB or TE, you can get but without a top RB.

Barkley and Elliott are not too RBs anymore, IMO.

That’s the thing you are not keeping the players as you are only keeping 2. Not 4. So the other 2 are meant as backups or trade bait to make your 2 keepers better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the thing you are not keeping the players as you are only keeping 2. Not 4. So the other 2 are meant as backups or trade bait to make your 2 keepers better.

I missed that it is only 2.

That makes both players entirely worthless.

Because nobody is trading an elite keeper for Elliot and Barkley, or Elliot/Barkley and Deebo.

The fewer keepers you have, the lower the trade value of keepers you are trying to deal. Because replacement value is very high.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that it is only 2.

That makes both players entirely worthless.

Because nobody is trading an elite keeper for Elliot and Barkley, or Elliot/Barkley and Deebo.

The fewer keepers you have, the lower the trade value of keepers you are trying to deal. Because replacement value is very high.

agreed generally... but that is also why i would keep at least one of those RBs and Mahomes, because if someone does trade, it would be for those players... as they have the name, the hype, and if things go well during the off-season, there redraft value skyrockets... more so Barkley i guess than Elliot... But elliot is on the cowboys, and that is america's team, so you know they will get the media swooning...

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed generally... but that is also why i would keep at least one of those RBs and Mahomes, because if someone does trade, it would be for those players... as they have the name, the hype, and if things go well during the off-season, there redraft value skyrockets... more so Barkley i guess than Elliot... But elliot is on the cowboys, and that is america's team, so you know they will get the media swooning...
Milk be careful mentioning America's team to a WFT fan:lm:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always get a kick out of @MilkSpiller22 offering trade advice. If you didn't know him and his ways, you might mistake him for a real wheeler dealer. LOL

No offense Milk.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it hurts or helps, but there is a deal in place after cut downs between 2 other teams where a guy is trading Henry for a 1st. The guy getting Henry has Ekeler and Jamar Chase, who I thought he was happy keeping. The guy trading Henry will probably keep JT and Kamara. Could hurt because it is one less person I have to deal with. Could help because of the value he got and he won't be able to dangle Henry to someone I am talking to.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it hurts or helps, but there is a deal in place after cut downs between 2 other teams where a guy is trading Henry for a 1st. The guy getting Henry has Ekeler and Jamar Chase, who I thought he was happy keeping. The guy trading Henry will probably keep JT and Kamara. Could hurt because it is one less person I have to deal with. Could help because of the value he got and he won't be able to dangle Henry to someone I am talking to.
well if he does that ya gotta figure Ekeler is back in the draft and the more Rbs to draft the better especially if ya want to end up with Mahones/Adams or Andrews/Adams as your last 2

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that speaks to what I am talking about.

Guys like Derrick Henry who are high end 1st round picks have a lot of trade value.

Guys like Chase, Elliot, Barkley who are late 2nd/3rd round type players just don’t have any trade value.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I appreciate the input guys, but it looks like another deal is in place, which greatly restricts my ability to get something done. Dude that just traded for Henry dealt Keenan Allen and Ekeler and a 5th for the #1 overall pick. I tried to get in on it, but I guess I wasn't quick enough. The guy with #1 mentioned that he wanted Andrews, Adams and my 3rd for it and I told him i would definitely consider that. 5 minutes later he told me he agreed to the other deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I appreciate the input guys, but it looks like another deal is in place, which greatly restricts my ability to get something done. Dude that just traded for Henry dealt Keenan Allen and Ekeler and a 5th for the #1 overall pick. I tried to get in on it, but I guess I wasn't quick enough. The guy with #1 mentioned that he wanted Andrews, Adams and my 3rd for it and I told him i would definitely consider that. 5 minutes later he told me he agreed to the other deal.

Adams, Andrews and a 3rd?

Damn.

I think you are better off.

#1 overall is a great asset, but not worth giving up a legit high end keeper.

Would rather have Adams than that pick. And he could have likely drafted Andrews with it.