• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears draft

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite review for this year's draft class. Each player is given a thorough analysis and how they can be used. After watching I can see why Poles picked the player. The biggest theme is even if they can't contribute this year they can help down the road.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Not only did he arrive at Halas Hall dressed in a suit, but he even brought his own whiteboard ready to take obsessive notes."

The man shows up to camp in a friggin suit and with his own whiteboard???? Have no idea how this translates to whatever skills he brings to his game, but ya just gotta love that old school attitude. Gonna be rootin' for this guy.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Not only did he arrive at Halas Hall dressed in a suit, but he even brought his own whiteboard ready to take obsessive notes."

The man shows up to camp in a friggin suit and with his own whiteboard???? Have no idea how this translates to whatever skills he brings to his game, but ya just gotta love that old school attitude. Gonna be rootin' for this guy.

I remember how excited we as fans were about Anthony Miller and the zeal he showed in training camp too.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how excited we as fans were about Anthony Miller and the zeal he showed in training camp too.
Not gonna lie, guilty as charged, at least on my end. Not that I was crazy about the pick at the time it was made, but soon after, I admit I was jazzed about what Miller could do for the Bears. And truth be told, he actually had a decent rookie season. His 2nd year wasn't bad either, but he failed to take it to the next level and by the 3rd season, it was obvious he wasn't gonna amount to much.

But we can't compare Miller to Jones other than they're both receivers. Right now Jones hasn't proved squat, but he seems to be pushing the right buttons early on and for now, that's all we have. And that's good enough for me until proven otherwise.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, guilty as charged, at least on my end. Not that I was crazy about the pick at the time it was made, but soon after, I admit I was jazzed about what Miller could do for the Bears. And truth be told, he actually had a decent rookie season. His 2nd year wasn't bad either, but he failed to take it to the next level and by the 3rd season, it was obvious he wasn't gonna amount to much.

But we can't compare Miller to Jones other than they're both receivers. Right now Jones hasn't proved squat, but he seems to be pushing the right buttons early on and for now, that's all we have. And that's good enough for me until proven otherwise.
Anthony Miller's problem was never his ability. He was incredibly talented. However, he was also incredibly immature.

From a purely physical standpoint, I would be excited about picking his clone all over again in any draft. Down the stretch of his 2nd season in 2019 - he had a 5-6 game stretch where he averaged 100 YPG and a TD per game. Something along those lines. He pretty much won me my fantasy league. lol

I don't know if his head got too big after that, or what happened... because he turned into a full blown jackass in 2020. Making more headlines with his shenanigans than his receiving. I hardly remember him doing anything in that season besides punching opposing players and infighting with teammates/coaches.

I have no idea what to expect from Jones. I think he has an intriguing skill set and can obviously fly. I'm not "CRAZY" about him, though. More often than not, as the saying goes, a jack of all trades is a master of none. Most of these gadget guys are good for a few targets and carries per game. However, they don't really move the needle. They'll compliment an already accomplished offense, but they don't often wind up "core" guys at the NFL level. The rare Deebo Samuels of the world being the exception.

I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Will Fuller. Will probably be able to be gotten on a cheap-ish one year deal after failing to stay healthy in Miami for a season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've been reading on the reports out of the OTAs and the minicamps, so far these are my rankings for the rooks to date:

1. Brisker - Nothing but mad praise since the kid has put on a Bears uni
2. Jones (Braxton) - Ending the mandatory mini's as the starting LT is nothing to sneeze at
3. Jones (Velvet) - Other than a few dropsies, he's been pretty much as advertised
4. Robinson - Filling in while Quinn continues to sit out has improved his stock
5. Gordon - Should be our #1 rook, but has spent more time on the sidelines than suiting up - please God don't make him our next Kevin White
6. The rest - Haven't read enough about the remainder including the UDFAs to form any opinions.

Granted, this is still super early in the offseason/preseason process, but so far there have been plusses and the one minus, altho it's a potentially important minus in Gordon. He was looking pretty good at the very start of the camps, but this mystery injury or whatever the hell is keeping him off the field is a bit of a bugger. Like I said tho, plenty of time to work things out.