• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears draft

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By 2024 our aging dline will also need to be replaced. Good luck finding a stud dlineman w/out a top pick. Yes, idiots anything is possible but I like to live in reality.
Robert Quinn is the only Dlineman older than 28 on the entire roster. The majority are 25 or under. The other three current projected starters besides Quinn are 24, 25, and 27.

I agree that we're thin on the Dline (who wouldn't?). The Larry Ogunjobi failed physical definitely hurt. However, age isn't really the concern.

It would be nice if Ogunjobi's foot healed up, he passed a physical, and we got him for less than initially agreed upon.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Quinn is the only Dlineman older than 28 on the entire roster. The majority are 25 or under. The other three current projected starters besides Quinn are 24, 25, and 27.

I agree that we're thin on the Dline (who wouldn't?). The Larry Ogunjobi failed physical definitely hurt. However, age isn't really the concern.

It would be nice if Ogunjobi's foot healed up, he passed a physical, and we got him for less than initially agreed upon.

Who exactly are you talking about. Quinn is THE only pass rusher we have. The other young body’s on the dline are just placeholders. We have no one else.

We are thin at both lines. The lines are the most important next to the QB position, which too is questionable. Tanking was the right move when I called for it. This team is in shambles right now. And yet idiots still want to draft WRs lmao.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong to want to give Justin Fields a chance to prove himself? A new staff might be quick to give up on him if he doesn't show significant improvement. Nobody's suggesting selecting 5 wr's, just 1 legit receiver q can develop with.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong to want to give Justin Fields a chance to prove himself? A new staff might be quick to give up on him if he doesn't show significant improvement. Nobody's suggesting selecting 5 wr's, just 1 legit receiver q can develop with.
Can't recall who was the person to give this quote, but in effect it was what good does it do to have great receivers if you're constantly on your back? Fields needs better protection, better play calls, and better techniques in his game before worrying about whether the Bears should have concentrated on providing a high end WR. Besides, there are still cuts and pickups to be made in the coming weeks and if you're unaware, the Bears will also be loaded with cap space next year.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does spending the first 2 picks on d help fields stay upright? We can turn anything into an argument. Personally, I'm bored with defensive minded coaches. If the offensive coordinator gets great offense he'll be the next jag's/jets/lions head coach and we'll be watching recycled boring football. I guess i'd rather lose 24-21 than 10-3 for awhile.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does spending the first 2 picks on d help fields stay upright? We can turn anything into an argument. Personally, I'm bored with defensive minded coaches. If the offensive coordinator gets great offense he'll be the next jag's/jets/lions head coach and we'll be watching recycled boring football. I guess i'd rather lose 24-21 than 10-3 for awhile.
Good point to an extent about our first two picks doing nothing to help Fields stay upright. But in fairness, those two picks will likely shore up what was a weak secondary. It's a fair assumption to state that we landed two starters. And I'm still of the old school that defense ranks over offense when trying to improve a team's fortunes. An improved defense always helps out a struggling offense.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We had one last year: ARob

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Getsy gets the offense humming then at that point Fields should be a good to great QB. If/when Luke leaves Justin should be the one keeping the offense a float so this would be a good problem to have.

Does anyone think Josh Allen is going to drop off and become rubbish since Daboll left for NY? Did Russell Wilson lose any momentum when his first OC Darrell Bevell left? Do you really think Justin Herbert will suddenly become a journeyman QB if his OC leaves and is replaced by someone else?

Getsy wanting to be a head coach will make him want to help Agent Uno as much as he can because doing so will showcase how good his offense is and developing a young signal caller will entice other teams with one to hire him to do the same with theirs.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't recall who was the person to give this quote, but in effect it was what good does it do to have great receivers if you're constantly on your back? Fields needs better protection, better play calls, and better techniques in his game before worrying about whether the Bears should have concentrated on providing a high end WR. Besides, there are still cuts and pickups to be made in the coming weeks and if you're unaware, the Bears will also be loaded with cap space next year.

Fuck that cap space.......It does no good if you dont use it.....
We saved a ton of money off of Mack,it could have been used for dbs,wr or an ot.....
We ended up with zilch......
You dont go out and get a highly touted qb and give him nothing to work with,which we mostly did......

Wtf does he have to wait till 23 for his help.....Its dumb as shit......some of that money should have startrd the process this year.........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Rob was a gonner no matter what......

The point being we had a great WR and it didn't help Fields much at all.

A strong oline is the best thing you can give a QB. Can't believe there are idiots that don't know this. Even average WRs will get open if you give them enough time.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A strong oline is the best thing you can give a QB. Can't believe there are idiots that don't know this. Even average WRs will get open if you give them enough time.

You just cant take a rookie with no NFL experience and no oline and expect him to produce big numbers......
This is why I also wanted an olineman.....I said it many a times now.
We couldve had that........

And do you think Cincy makes it to the SB or even the playoffs with out Chase....?....I highly doubt it......They could of possibly won uf they had some olineman......

So yes,imo wr can help tremendously........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="BsGenius, post: 16533087, member: ]

Tanking was the right move when I called for it.
[/QUOTE]

If you think about it, this up and coming season is actually a tank season.........the legal way.

So you are getting your wish......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just cant take a rookie with no NFL experience and no oline and expect him to produce big numbers......
This is why I also wanted an olineman.....I said it many a times now.
We couldve had that........

And do you think Cincy makes it to the SB or even the playoffs with out Chase....?....I highly doubt it......They could of possibly won uf they had some olineman......

So yes,imo wr can help tremendously........

i don't disagree with you about oline. I'm ranking oline as the most important position for a QB. Followed by a good running game. Everyone in here is infatuated with WRs and I'm saying it's not nearly as important comparatively to oline and running game.

If Fields had the same number of attempts as Burrow, Fields would have blown Burrow out the water in sacks. There's a difference between having a not good oline vs having a horrendous one.

You think Cincy wouldn't have won the SB if they had a great oline? LA had 7 sacks and the game deciding sack at the end.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think about it, this up and coming season is actually a tank season.........the legal way.

So you are getting your wish......

Except my way, we would have done it a year earlier and still had our #7 pick to take OT Evan Neal. And I would have done it "legally", i would have just played the kids. If you think there's morality in pro football, you are naive.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except my way, we would have done it a year earlier and still had our #7 pick to take OT Evan Neal. And I would have done it "legally", i would have just played the kids. If you think there's morality in pro football, you are naive.

None of us know what goes on behind closed doors,but I like to think players are out there playing for a job,not wanting to tank a season so some college hotshot can come along and take it from them and to be be able to show what their talent for other teams to be interested in them............
Im sure players are not brought up that way......
If you played in the NFL and the coach tells you to sit on the bench,drop a pass,miss a tackle or block,would you look at the coach like what a dumbass, Im not doing that,I may need a job next season.....

Thats kinda absurd to think of.......

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us know what goes on behind closed doors,but I like to think players are out there playing for a job,not wanting to tank a season so some college hotshot can come along and take it from them and show what their talent for other teams to be interested in..........
Im sure players are not brought up that way......
If you played on the NFL and the coach tells you to sit on the bench,drop a pass,miss a tackle or block,wpuld you look at the coach like hry dumbass Im not doing that,I may need a job next season.....

Thats kinda absurd to think of.......

I think it's perfectly reasonable to say, "we know as an organization we're not going anywhere this year. We're going to sit the vets and see what these kids can do". The point is, there's many different ways they could do this w/out it seemingly obvious. Instead we didn't tank, we made the playoffs, got one and done, whole front office and coaching staff gone, we have to trade up to get Fields and lost our #7 this year. So stupid.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely we have to hit bottom to rise to the top.

Tanking without saying tanking.
By 2024 our aging dline will also need to be replaced.

Uh......outside of Quinn the line is actually pretty young now.
Good luck finding a stud dlineman w/out a top pick.

Akiem Hicks was a stud. 3rd round pick and picked up as a low level free agency signing by the Bears.

But go on....
. We could be 7-9 limbo for years and never hit rock bottom.

Which is crazy considering we play 17 games a season now. Math....it's not for everyone.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think it's perfectly reasonable to say, "we know as an organization we're not going anywhere this year. We're going to sit the vets and see what these kids can do". The point is, there's many different ways they could do this w/out it seemingly obvious.

If they sit all the veteran players and player rookies and nobodies....is that not obvious?
Instead we didn't tank, we made the playoffs, got one and done, whole front office and coaching staff gone, we have to trade up to get Fields and lost our #7 this year. So stupid.

You just mixed two offseasons together as one.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bengals say hi.