• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls trade rose to the knicks

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are sending Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 2nd-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon, per source.
This is not what I would call a blockbuster trade.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Social media can be awesome.

Derrick Rose's future 30 for 30: What if I told you a dying Rose could bloom again in the right garden?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a pretty good deal for both teams.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a no lose for the Knicks. Well, let me correct that. It's the Knicks and they usually find a way to lose. It's 98% chance no lose for the Knicks. They traded away effectively nothing to kick the tires on Rose on a one year deal. You weren't making the playoffs keeping the guys you sent out so why not take a chance to see if Rose pans out.

They'd be dumb to sign Howard though as the talk seems to indicate since they dealt Lopez. Their best bet is to play Porzingis at center and Melo at PF. KP's range is good enough where you can park him around the arc to clear the lane for Rose. If you've got Melo, Rose, and Howard though, that's cluttered as hell. And Porzingis has shown enough defensive skills to where you'll be fine there. Use the cap room to sign a SF and SG instead of Howard.

Surprised Chicago didn't get more for Rose though. Grant is a decent piece but they aren't doing anything with the rest of them...though that might be the plan. Just tank this coming year since 2017 is a nice draft.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, yeah, yeah.....I get it.

We will have more interesting things discuss tomorrow.

I have seen a few guys mentioned at #30.

Levert, Stone, Prince, Maker.....

You have a preference?

I'm not really a big draft guy. I just hope we hit money with this 30th pick. I read that Jimmy Butler was a 30th pick. I'd be cool with something like that.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also didn't get younger. We added an 28 year old center and a 34 year old PG. Added a young PG who is nothing special. Gar has no clue what he is talking about Rose was 27. Wouldn't be shock if they traded or cut Calderon.

Kind of goes back to Garpax coveting players. I think Grant is the key in their eyes. They wanted to draft him and the Knicks took him. Now its the covet team of Mirotic, McDermott and Grant with the covet coach Hoiberg.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the hometown kid gets drafted by his hometown team and fails to live up to his side of the deal.... the team trades him without batting an eye and no one cares.

When the hometown kid gets drafted by his hometown team and the team fails to live up to its side of the deal.... the player moves on and the world shits on him.

No one demands loyalty from the team. Everyone demands loyalty from the player.

I will never understand why NBA fans sympathize and align themselves with billionaire owners over millionaire players.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by the bulls. Rose hasn't been himself since his ACL injury. He's not gonna be back to himself anytime soon and him and Melo both needing the ball in their hands will be quite funny to watch.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the hometown kid gets drafted by his hometown team and fails to live up to his side of the deal.... the team trades him without batting an eye and no one cares.

When the hometown kid gets drafted by his hometown team and the team fails to live up to its side of the deal.... the player moves on and the world shits on him.

I will never understand why NBA fans sympathize and align themselves with billionaire owners over millionaire players.
Disagree big time. The team gave him a lot of money and he missed a lot of games. Rose said he was leaving after this year to the front office. It was time to move on. Both parties agree. Both player and team were loyal.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree big time. The team gave him a lot of money and he missed a lot of games. Rose said he was leaving after this year to the front office. It was time to move on. Both parties agree. Both player and team were loyal.

I took his statement in a broader range.

Players get the business if viewed disloyal.

But, Owners can just say " it's a business ".

What Deandre did to the Mavs makes him a shitbird, and rightfully so.

But, what about Cuban kicking Tyson to the curb, not once, but twice?

If Durant goes to play buddy ball in Golden State, he's a coward for taking the easy way out.

But, what about the Thunder selling off every 3rd scorer to save a few bucks? Harden, Jeff Green...etc

It's a double standard.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took his statement in a broader range.

Players get the business if viewed disloyal.

But, Owners can just say " it's a business ".

What Deandre did to the Mavs makes him a shitbird, and rightfully so.

But, what about Cuban kicking Tyson to the curb, not once, but twice?

If Durant goes to play buddy ball in Golden State, he's a coward for taking the easy way out.

But, what about the Thunder selling off every 3rd scorer to save a few bucks? Harden, Jeff Green...etc

It's a double standard.

Exactly.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because the hometown kid chose the lengthy surgeries and decided not to return to help the team after his first surgery. The home town fans grew tired with the alleged r*pe in Los Angeles and the SUV's he was given to drive home from Memphis. They were tired of BJ Armstrong using his hatred for the Bulls for hiring Paxson as GM over him and continued to punish him by advising D Rose to sit out games.

Rose pretty much decided he was moving on after this year anyway. We might have a future point guard in Grant, minute eater in Lopez and trade chip in Calderon, but after this season, the bulls would have gotten nothing.

Its hard to say we emphasize with the billionaire owner when D Rose had projected earnings of 3-400 million from the 95 million from the bulls and 200 some million from addidas.

I understand the rookie second rounders playing on the cheep, but D Rose also changed when his pockets were full.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the hometown kid chose the lengthy surgeries and decided not to return to help the team after his first surgery. The home town fans grew tired with the alleged r*pe in Los Angeles and the SUV's he was given to drive home from Memphis. They were tired of BJ Armstrong using his hatred for the Bulls for hiring Paxson as GM over him and continued to punish him by advising D Rose to sit out games.

Rose pretty much decided he was moving on after this year anyway. We might have a future point guard in Grant, minute eater in Lopez and trade chip in Calderon, but after this season, the bulls would have gotten nothing.

Its hard to say we emphasize with the billionaire owner when D Rose had projected earnings of 3-400 million from the 95 million from the bulls and 200 some million from addidas.

I understand the rookie second rounders playing on the cheep, but D Rose also changed when his pockets were full.
I'm not suggesting that the Bulls or teams in similar positions should get more criticism for moving on from players as much as I'm suggesting that players who chose to move on from teams should get less criticism.

We seem to accept "its a business" when a team moves on from a player. We should be at least as accepting that it is a business move when a player moves on from a team.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to accept "its a business" when a team moves on from a player. We should be at least as accepting that it is a business move when a player moves on from a team.

Obviously when it's your team, your city, that's easier said than done. But you're right, in the case of Lebron let's say, your statement stands true as eeeeeverybody was pissed at him for leaving Cleveland, and then Miami. It's not really fair.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously when it's your team, your city, that's easier said than done. But you're right, in the case of Lebron let's say, your statement stands true as eeeeeverybody was pissed at him for leaving Cleveland, and then Miami. It's not really fair.

Good point. That's probably why that's how it is. Most NBA fans feel an allegiance to their city and their team (hence their owner) above any allegiance to the players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it begins....

Jeff Hornacek says the Knicks will be sensitive to Rose's knee issues and won't hesitate to rest him if he isn't feeling fully healthy.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think a big part is the media and team feed us every day that the superstar loves that team, loves the area, loves where he is, over and over... it surprises you when the reality is, he is really only there because they owned his draft rights and offered him a max deal more than a FA team could.