• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Claypool trade

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a top 50 pick for a top 10 bonehead anyway you slice it

Well Poles is now on record that he doesn't regret the trade...but I would bet a large amount of money if he knew we had the 1 pick at the time the trade was made, Claypool would be a Packer right now. It is what it is. No use crying about it...

Only thing left to do is cheer for that sweet perfection of a football player to be the greatest wide receiver the world has ever known...and bite my thumb at mouthy eagles fans.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH Wasn't a fan of the trade back when it happened and still not a fan
But hopefully Claypool balls out and prove me wrong

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Bears suck. You have to trade more or offer more to another team to get a player like Chase.... the Bears will also have a problem attracting free agents this offseason who will play for less money, and they'll also need to be concerned with how motivated their top draft pick will be....

I don't root for the Bears (Seahawks fan) but I've said for YEARS that winning and developing a locker room with that attitude is far more important than losing or getting a high draft pick, because you risk a very high chance of losing the locker room, coaches, and your chance of acquiring quality free agents diminishes completely....

The Bears gave up too much for Claypool.... that said, they HAD to. And if they want to resign anyone this offseason, get a good coach, or target players in free agency - they're going to overpay for that too.

What happened to this idiot? How did the Bears do in free agency with all that overpaying we had to do again?

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with acquiring Claypool. But like I said the minute this trade was announced (before Poles told all the idiots in here we overpaid), a 2nd round pick for him is robbery. Claypool at best was worth a 4th round pick. Trade grade: F

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to this idiot? How did the Bears do in free agency with all that overpaying we had to do again?

Certainly overpaid for Edmunds. Lots of one year deals and a few value signings.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with acquiring Claypool. But like I said the minute this trade was announced (before Poles told all the idiots in here we overpaid), a 2nd round pick for him is robbery. Claypool at best was worth a 4th round pick. Trade grade: F

F-

Sweep the leg Genius. No mercy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude is going to have to have the greatest game by a Chicago Wide Receiver ever vs. the Bucs or he may get run out of town.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I said in this thread was spot on. This is why I am a genius. The idiots crying for WRs EVERY FREAKING YEAR got 2–one of which is among the best in the league and how’s it turning out? Again, fuck WRs focus on the lines!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 losses in a row....

Arguably the worst team in the league...

Asses completely trounced in opening day home game in such a way that one completely doubts if we will ever be good again...

And here's dipsh*t like "I was right about Chase Claypool."

FML.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Eberflus wouldn’t rule out the possibility of Claypool being inactive in the next game.

Good grief. It’s getting worse and worse.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Eberflus wouldn’t rule out the possibility of Claypool being inactive in the next game.

Good grief. It’s getting worse and worse.
Eberflus will likely be gone after next season, maybe even this one.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude is going to have to have the greatest game by a Chicago Wide Receiver ever vs. the Bucs or he may get run out of town.
he might be inactive for the bucs game.

Jaylon Johnson was on the score here. He says timing is everything with a screen, the blockers cannot block until the receiver catches the ball, and DB's are taught that they run thru and blow up anyone not 5 yards past the line of scrimmage since its only pass interference on the offense within the 5 yards.

Personally, I tend to put myself into peoples shoes. Run 40 routes and never get thrown the ball and people expect max effort. Receivers need 1000 yard seasons to get paid in this league. He knows he is open, he is half a foot taller and longer than and DB covering him, most likely with 50 pounds on them, just get him the ball. This is not football, this is human nature.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger mistake will be not taking Carter. That dude would’ve taken our DLine from worst in the league to above average.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger mistake will be not taking Carter. That dude would’ve taken our DLine from worst in the league to above average.

Well, in terms of week 1 overreactions: Darnell Wright looks like he's going to be a really good player (top performing tackle from the rookie class this weekend) so that might mitigate things if Carter balls out.

Coming out of this draft with a top notch lineman (either on o or d line) was essential so if Wright fits that bill it's all good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he might be inactive for the bucs game.

Jaylon Johnson was on the score here. He says timing is everything with a screen, the blockers cannot block until the receiver catches the ball, and DB's are taught that they run thru and blow up anyone not 5 yards past the line of scrimmage since its only pass interference on the offense within the 5 yards.

Personally, I tend to put myself into peoples shoes. Run 40 routes and never get thrown the ball and people expect max effort. Receivers need 1000 yard seasons to get paid in this league. He knows he is open, he is half a foot taller and longer than and DB covering him, most likely with 50 pounds on them, just get him the ball. This is not football, this is human nature.
The mental gymnastics here is pretty interesting to me... I get it though, you're trying to be optimistic about being dealt a bad hand. We all do it.

Claypool has an ego problem mostly. Entitlement with very little effort to show for it. Sure he can run routes & get open, but he has never been a physical presence... EVER. If a QB has great timing with him or can throw him open then he'll be good. If you throw him 50-50 balls he'll come down with maybe a 1/4 of those (and that's being generous because when high-pointing a ball he prefers to go horizontal as opposed to vertical).

If I were to white-knight for Claypool, the only argument to be made here is that the FO/coaches should have known what they were getting with him and should be using him to his strengths; not trying to force him to be something he has never been good at. You can find tape on all the above during his Steelers tenure to support this.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in terms of week 1 overreactions: Darnell Wright looks like he's going to be a really good player (top performing tackle from the rookie class this weekend) so that might mitigate things if Carter balls out.

Coming out of this draft with a top notch lineman (either on o or d line) was essential so if Wright fits that bill it's all good.
Wright might be really good. Carter might be a HOFer.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutley not.......

Wright might be really good. Carter might be a HOFer.

Hes a worthless piece of shit.........he had/has no regard for human life.....and anyone who would stick up for a pos like him,is a pos theirselves......

My son and another patron just helped a stranger out of an over turned car on his way to work a couple f weeks ago......
Face had some bleeding plus he thought the stranger had a broken leg on top it.....

Thats what human beings do,help the people in dire need.......Carter can kiss my ass and I hope to hell hes never caught in a burning car,cause deserves to stay in it......

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutley not.......

Hes a worthless piece of shit.........he had/has no regard for human life.....and anyone who would stick up for a pos like him,is a pos theirselves......

My son and another patron just helped a stranger out of an over turned car on his way to work a couple f weeks ago......
Face had some bleeding plus he thought the stranger had a broken leg on top it.....

Thats what human beings do,help the people in dire need.......Carter can kiss my ass and I hope to hell hes never caught in a burning car,cause deserves to stay in it......
Yeah, I quit having strong opinions on public figures that have no control over me because everything you read about them is sensationalized bull shit. I don’t know how much is true about that, but the fact of the matter is Jalen Carter is already a game-wrecking stud. At his very best, Wright MIGHT be able to negate a player like Carter, IF the defense decides to be dumb and put Carter over there (probably not though).

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I quit having strong opinions on public figures that have no control over me because everything you read about them is sensationalized bull shit. I don’t know how much is true about that, but the fact of the matter is Jalen Carter is already a game-wrecking stud. At his very best, Wright MIGHT be able to negate a player like Carter, IF the defense decides to be dumb and put Carter over there (probably not though).

Id rather have a team that loses,than have a team that just caters to a despicable human being just win a SuperBowl.......

I do have morals.......