• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shocker: We have oline issues STILL

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to the score this morning a little. They said Bates injury is an arthritic condition. Another wow moment for these Poles teabaggers. Signed to play center, they have been chasing him for yet he never played the position in the NFL, constantly blocked in buffalo. I was crying for the best center on the board, but "our picks are too high to take a center". Yet, they moved up to get a backup tackle. Now Bates wont be back the london game, but why try to make him play there when there is another bye week after, so 6 more weeks of Sheldon since they clearly have no plan for Kramer. I am tired of hearing Kramer was a nobody, is a nobody, barely makes the team. What is this obsession in moving guards to center here?

I was also lost with the Allen deal, but mostly just because 99% of what I am against ends up working out. Chemistry. I always remember Steve Nicosia, no matter where I threw the ball, no matter how far, some how he always caught it.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jenkins is now out....??

Replace him with Matt Pryor.....

I'm not sure he's out...but if Pryor is taking snaps at LG while he rests a "thigh bruise" I would hope we move Jenkins to the right side and maul a little bit with him and Wright. Our next few opponents are very weak against the run. So now would be the time to do it. Cherry on top with that move is Nate Davis has earned a benching at the least.

I'm just hoping this Bates guy can get healthy and produce...because Shelton ain't it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he's out...but if Pryor is taking snaps at LG while he rests a "thigh bruise" I would hope we move Jenkins to the right side and maul a little bit with him and Wright. Our next few opponents are very weak against the run. So now would be the time to do it. Cherry on top with that move is Nate Davis has earned a benching at the least.

I'm just hoping this Bates guy can get healthy and produce...because Shelton ain't it.
While the Bears center did a terrible job last year, I don't believe I ever saw him knocked on his ass by a DT during a rush. Shelton is awful and has been knocked on his ass a few times. That push Shelton is allowing up the middle is causing CW to be unable to step into throws AND if CW back pedals, he ends up right where the OT's are pushing speed rushers (usually around the QB on his back side). Interior pressure is not a good thing for a QB to deal with.

This is a bad predicament. Forgetting one second, Nate Davis and his false starts... You know, the guy who is tasked with tapping the Center to hike the ball. >mutters< I do not see a way of fixing this at this juncture. Steal someone, center, off a practice squad somewhere in the NFL?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....Dan Orlovsky calling Darnell Wright and Braxton Jones the two worst tackles in football,if not the worst,they are in the bottom 10.......

I lkke Dan,but cmon man,you can see that iol has been horrendous.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to find offensive line issues,heres all the passing plays vs Houston:

Did look to me that there was more pressure coming from the outside than I originally thought......

You guys always put this game in better perspective than I can,but does it seem its a little more than than the iol.....??

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jenkins is now out....??

Replace him with Matt Pryor.....
Just out of practice, he is the only one consistently blocking.

Why would anyone want to practice? Davis barely practices, Allen doesnt practice, might as well be a squeaky wheel after not getting his extension done in the off season.

This is why I say let Williams call the defenses, he kicked ass in the preseason. That way Everfluke is not planning his next defensive moves and watching the missed blocks that keep coming from Davis and Shelton.

I guess as fans we are stuck back hoping for injuries so we might see some changes, and thats not where we need to be.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I say let Williams call the defenses, he kicked ass in the preseason.

lol. Omg. No words.

In other news Keenan Allen out again. GREAT SIGNING!

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Omg. No words.

In other news Keenan Allen out again. GREAT SIGNING!
Had to see if people were still paying attention. Washington.

Yeah, might have been in the right pick value to actually take a center with that fourth rounder since it did not make sense to use the pick they used on the tackle on our greatest offensive line need.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams
DJ Moore
Keenan Allen
Rome Odunze
Cole Kmet
Gerald Everett
D'Andre Swift
Khalil Herbert
Roschon Johnson

Let that sink in for a moment.

Let that sink in indeed lol. LSD's entire knowledge of football is obviously based on video games. Good grief.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen now apparently out for personal reasons, not the heel.

They need to get Scott out there and move on already.