• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Claypool trade

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can’t get over how monumentally stupid this trade was. What was Poles thinking? This was such a bonehead decision it makes me question Poles’s competence. We are one of the worst teams in the league desperate for young help and we trade our most valuable commodity for a player that has been a disappointment in Pitt. For a freaking 2nd!

Was it to block GB? Who cares what GB does it’s not like we are even close to competing.

Poles says it was because the draft is scarce with receivers. So what? Is drafting a WR with a 2nd round pick even a consideration? We had Allen Robinson and Mooney last year. How did that impact this team? You build the team from the inside out. WR should not be a top priority right now given the how poor both lines are.

Let’s face it. AT BEST, Claypool turns in an Allen Robinson like production player. And how does that help this team exactly?

For the love of God. Focus on the lines. Use the top 5 rounds on all line players if I had it my way. Fuck WRs.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st season in a new system.....played just 8 games....

Improve the OL and add some more talent in FA and the Bears could be a team to watch next season. Maybe next season's Lions or Jags.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure Claypool is not very happy playing for a run first quarterback either.

All you gotta know is 6'4 240 going against 6' safeties and CB's at 200 pounds tops and you get the ball in the general vicinity. I guess its just easier to blame Claypool.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you gotta know is 6'4 240 going against 6' safeties and CB's at 200 pounds tops and you get the ball in the general vicinity. I guess it’s just easier to blame Claypool.

you are very dumb

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76vpf6.jpg

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I think the Bears panicked a bit and realized they've surrounded Fields with fuck all and made a quick move to get him sort of help... The Bears are buying high at the moment.... should Claypool have been an early 2nd round give up? No... but the Bears are in 'that position'.... the position where you have to give up more than it's really worth to get help.. and they're trying to do anything left in their power to help Fields.

Will be REALLY interesting to see what the Bears do with the #1 overall... do they bail on ANOTHER QB? Most of the studs in this draft are defensive (Anderson, Carter, Murphy, Wilson).. outside of the QBs you've got Robinson (#1 overall though? lol) and Johnston who is certainly not a #1 overall pick.

I think the Bears if they're smart will trade down to some team who wants a QB and haul in some picks. Atone for the lackluster trade they gave up for Claypool. They can likely get another 2024 1st... but it's DA BEARS. They'll probably draft Young who will be sat on at some point in the next 24 months and have to retire and trade Fields to Seattle where he'll win a Super Bowl... lol.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know for a fact had Claypool gone to the Packers they would be in the playoffs right?

You know for a fact the rumors of Claypool going to the Pack was true right?

If anything Claypool not going to the Pack brought about the emergence of Watson. A WR much more dangerous than Claypool. So we actually did them a favor.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the Bears are in 'that position'.... the position where you have to give up more than it's really worth to get help

Why are we in this position? We have the top pick. You think we have to take less value because we are a poor team? This makes nose sense. You always trade for right value. You never reach unless that player can put you over the top. When you are the bottom of the league draft picks are gold and you should never reach.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know for a fact had Claypool gone to the Packers they would be in the playoffs right?

You know for a fact the rumors of Claypool going to the Pack was true right?

If anything Claypool not going to the Pack brought about the emergence of Watson. A WR much more dangerous than Claypool. So we actually did them a favor.

Dance monkey dance.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we in this position? We have the top pick. You think we have to take less value because we are a poor team? This makes nose sense. You always trade for right value. You never reach unless that player can put you over the top. When you are the bottom of the league draft picks are gold and you should never reach.

Because the Bears suck. You have to trade more or offer more to another team to get a player like Chase.... the Bears will also have a problem attracting free agents this offseason who will play for less money, and they'll also need to be concerned with how motivated their top draft pick will be....

I don't root for the Bears (Seahawks fan) but I've said for YEARS that winning and developing a locker room with that attitude is far more important than losing or getting a high draft pick, because you risk a very high chance of losing the locker room, coaches, and your chance of acquiring quality free agents diminishes completely....

The Bears gave up too much for Claypool.... that said, they HAD to. And if they want to resign anyone this offseason, get a good coach, or target players in free agency - they're going to overpay for that too.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Bears suck. You have to trade more or offer more to another team to get a player like Chase.... the Bears will also have a problem attracting free agents this offseason who will play for less money, and they'll also need to be concerned with how motivated their top draft pick will be....

I don't root for the Bears (Seahawks fan) but I've said for YEARS that winning and developing a locker room with that attitude is far more important than losing or getting a high draft pick, because you risk a very high chance of losing the locker room, coaches, and your chance of acquiring quality free agents diminishes completely....

The Bears gave up too much for Claypool.... that said, they HAD to. And if they want to resign anyone this offseason, get a good coach, or target players in free agency - they're going to overpay for that too.

It takes a really special kind of post to make me think "Ok...I'm with Genius on this one."

"To get a player like Chase"

Oy f*cking vey. Like he's Randy Moss or something...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a really special kind of post to make me think "Ok...I'm with Genius on this one."

"To get a player like Chase"

Oy f*cking vey. Like he's Randy Moss or something...

Well let's remind you of what Genius said:

Why are you in that position? We have the top pick? Yah, you're in that position because your FO is absolute shit and is making dumbass moves routinely.

Yes, you have to take less value because you're a poor team.

You should always trade for the right value, the Bears clearly reached for a player that didn't put them at the top.

Eh maybe what I said got misconstrued... but the Bears FO is full of morons and they had to trade beyond what anyone else would've done because they are desperate and suck. And not trying to kick you Bears fans while you're down.... Lord knows Seattle had their fair share of terrible seasons and FO management.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears should trade down and get additional assets.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's remind you of what Genius said:

Why are you in that position? We have the top pick? Yah, you're in that position because your FO is absolute shit and is making dumbass moves routinely.

Yes, you have to take less value because you're a poor team.

You should always trade for the right value, the Bears clearly reached for a player that didn't put them at the top.

Eh maybe what I said got misconstrued... but the Bears FO is full of morons and they had to trade beyond what anyone else would've done because they are desperate and suck. And not trying to kick you Bears fans while you're down.... Lord knows Seattle had their fair share of terrible seasons and FO management.

The Bears traded for Claypool at 3-5...then proceeded to have the largest losing streak in Franchise history. Nobody in or out of Halas Hall could have predicted that we'd end up with #1. This is a pretty blatant attempt at revisionist history by somebody who undoubtedly isn't paying much attention to the details involved.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears traded for Claypool at 3-5...then proceeded to have the largest losing streak in Franchise history. Nobody in or out of Halas Hall could have predicted that we'd end up with #1. This is a pretty blatant attempt at revisionist history by somebody who undoubtedly isn't paying much attention to the details involved.

Oh I understand, I'm not talking about how the Bears did after they were 3-5.... what I disagreed with Genius on was that the Bears are going to have to pay more or trade picks higher than they'd like because they're one of the worst teams in the league.

I think the Steelers 100% saw that and secured a pretty high draft pick because of it. And in the offseason, the Bears will 100% have to pay a lot more than other teams to get talent on their team.

That's all I'm saying. The Bears have LARGELY ignored their offense for years after surrendering picks on QBs... so the fact they felt the need to trade which was likely going to be a high 2nd (Nobody had the Bears making the playoffs, I get nobody did with Seattle either which most Seattle fans including myself will still say we're shocked by) for a WR was rather shocking... especially after drafting two secondary players.

Revisionist history? Various sites (Walterfootball, ESPN, FantasyPros, NFL.COM, Footballs Future, and PFF) had the Bears drafting top 5 at the beginning of the season let alone halfway through it... they were projected to be horrible this year. Yah granted Seattle was also projected to be drafting there and Denver was projected to make the playoffs.... but arguing that saying the Bears drafting #1 is a shock is absolutely ridiculous.

"Doesn't pay much attention to the details involved." K... :suds:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Bears suck. You have to trade more or offer more to another team to get a player like Chase
No they do not. Pitt will take the highest offer regardless who that offer comes from. We just stupidly paid more because Poles isn't good at poker.

the Bears will also have a problem attracting free agents this offseason who will play for less money, and they'll also need to be concerned with how motivated their top draft pick will be....
Omg. Have you been living under a rock? Why is there so much parity in the league compared to any other sport? Why do you see teams that suck one year and then become competitive in another year then? Because they all overpaid? That's not a sustainable model.

Bullshit. These are professional athletes and they will do their jobs. Winning cures all. Not some imaginary rah rah bs you are spouting.

If Packers offered a 5th and we offered a 5th and those were the only offers and Pitt wanted to trade Claypool. You think the Steelers would rather trade Claypool to the Pack because they're saying "the Bears suck, so they should have to pay more"? I can't believe how stupid this sounds.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand, I'm not talking about how the Bears did after they were 3-5.... what I disagreed with Genius on was that the Bears are going to have to pay more or trade picks higher than they'd like because they're one of the worst teams in the league.

I think the Steelers 100% saw that and secured a pretty high draft pick because of it. And in the offseason, the Bears will 100% have to pay a lot more than other teams to get talent on their team.

Most players will go to the highest bidder. Money talks ALWAYS. Give me a break.

If you think in terms of trading picks the Bears will have to pay more, then the opposite is also true right? Since we suck we must obviously then be willing to take less right? Shit, i guess we're giving up the 1st pick for practically nothing because that's what we have to do because we suck....? This logic is so dumb.