• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's all in one offseason thread

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main league. Essentially, we keep 2 players. I can trade for draft picks, but most people are set with their keepers and are not interested. For this exercise, I would say that a deal is not possible and I am looking at cutting 2 of these guys.

12 teams, start 2/2 and a flex in the skill positions (RB and WR). 1 QB and 1 TE and some IDPs and a K and P. PPR with bonus for TDs over 40 yards. We can keep a player for as long as we like and there are no draft pick restrictions.

Stefon Diggs - Should be a top 10 WR again. Been my keeper the last 2 seasons and has not disappointed.

Rhamondre Stevenson - Unless there is a vet signing (Fournette/Zeke), he should be the feature back there this year. Even if they sign one of those guys, they shouldn't eat into his touches too much.

Derrick Henry - A lot of wear on those tires and he could be looking at more stacked boxes than ever with a rookie QB possibly taking over the job at some point of the season.

Kenny Walker - Big loser after draft day as the Hawks drafted a RB in the 2nd round. He should definitely be 1a, but he went from an absolute no brainer keeper to very questionable with that pick. Or am I overreacting?

I have the 5th, 11th and 14th picks, so if I am forced to cut 2, there is a decent shot one of them would be available at 5. Either that or someone somewhat comparable that someone else had to drop. I have until July 31st to decide and I will probably change my mind every day up until that day. But, what do you guys think? Before the draft, I was leaning heavily towards Henry and Walker, but I am not so sure now.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the question is which one keeper would you keep besides diggs. He is your easy keep

As of now the 2nd keep has to be Henry. I know we all hate the titans. That team can be epicly bad this season. But you know that they will run it And run it a lot. The volume is there. And they have been using him more in the passing game the past few seasons. So it is not like he is a zero there

I know it’s just an exercise and we are assuming no trade is available but I would put all my effort in to trade henry. Just so i didn’t have to keep him. But until he is not on your team, you really have no choiceb.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main league. Essentially, we keep 2 players. I can trade for draft picks, but most people are set with their keepers and are not interested. For this exercise, I would say that a deal is not possible and I am looking at cutting 2 of these guys.

12 teams, start 2/2 and a flex in the skill positions (RB and WR). 1 QB and 1 TE and some IDPs and a K and P. PPR with bonus for TDs over 40 yards. We can keep a player for as long as we like and there are no draft pick restrictions.

Stefon Diggs - Should be a top 10 WR again. Been my keeper the last 2 seasons and has not disappointed.

Rhamondre Stevenson - Unless there is a vet signing (Fournette/Zeke), he should be the feature back there this year. Even if they sign one of those guys, they shouldn't eat into his touches too much.

Derrick Henry - A lot of wear on those tires and he could be looking at more stacked boxes than ever with a rookie QB possibly taking over the job at some point of the season.

Kenny Walker - Big loser after draft day as the Hawks drafted a RB in the 2nd round. He should definitely be 1a, but he went from an absolute no brainer keeper to very questionable with that pick. Or am I overreacting?

I have the 5th, 11th and 14th picks, so if I am forced to cut 2, there is a decent shot one of them would be available at 5. Either that or someone somewhat comparable that someone else had to drop. I have until July 31st to decide and I will probably change my mind every day up until that day. But, what do you guys think? Before the draft, I was leaning heavily towards Henry and Walker, but I am not so sure now.
Tough choice and like you my opinion would change day to day. Today I say Diggs and Henry, tomorrow I might swap out Henry for Stevenson.
It does look like a committee for the Seahawks, with Walker getting the most work.....maybe.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to add…

1) Diggs and Henry
2) Diggs and Stevenson
3) Henry and Stevenson

1 if no trades are doable
2 if you can move Henry (and maybe even if you can’t)
3 if you can move Diggs (not suggested, but you never know what people are willing to give)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs and Henry

They will ride Henry. He will produce. If you're scared trade him week 4.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
diggs and henry for me dont trust any pats or hawks rb:suds:

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday that Walker and rookie Zach Charbonnet "will be battling", Seattle Sports 770 reports. "We're gonna find out how far [Charbonnet] can take it in terms of the receiving part of it," Carroll said. "We know he's really good at it. But so is Kenneth, so those guys will be battling."

Analysis​

It isn't quite clear from Carroll's comment if he's referring to competing for playing time in general or specifically on passing downs. Charbonnet, an incoming second-round pick, caught 61 passes in two seasons at UCLA, whereas Walker (a 2022 second-rounder) had only 19 receptions in three seasons between Wake Forest and MSU. Walker did catch 27 balls as a rookie, though for only 165 yards (6.1 per catch, 4.7 YPT) while doing nearly all of his damage on the ground to the tune of a 228-1,050-9 rushing line. The impressive running makes him a strong favorite to keep the starting job and lead role, but there's no question a prospect of Charbonnet's caliber poses a threat to Walker's touch volume

only in BBs world

Stevenson was far more effective than Damien Harris (13 carries for 48 yards), yet Harris got more rushing attempts in this must-win game.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robinson, who believes he's fully past the Achilles injury that he sustained at the end of the 2021 season, is slated to have a chance to compete for the Patriots' No. 2 RB role behind starter Rhamondre Stevenson, Chad Graff of The Athletic reports.

Analysis​

Robinson, who turns 25 in August, rushed for 1,070 yards in 2020 after signing with the Jaguars as an undrafted free agent. However, since then Jacksonville's first-round selection of Travis Etienne in 2021, coupled with injuries Robinson has dealt with, have thwarted his momentum as a pro, and the Illinois State product now is looking to reboot his career with New England (with whom he signed a two-year deal with modest guarantees in March) after seeing limited action down the stretch last season following his October trade to the Jets. With the Patriots, Robinson has a chance to help fill the void created by the offseason departure of Damien Harris, and if he's healthy enough to run with the pace he did as a rookie, the 5-foot-9, 219-pounder's ability as a pass catcher (he caught 49 passes in 2020) could allow Robinson to carve out a key complementary role behind Stevenson in a backfield that also includes Ty Montgomery and 2022 draftees Pierre Strong and Kevin Harris.:suds:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The full point PPR leans me more toward Diggs and Stevenson right now unless the Patriots sign another veteran back this year. I owned Stevenson last year and he was great especially in full PPR. At the worst right now he is going to trade early down series with Robinson and play all of the 3rd downs. Best case is he plays 2 out of every 3 series with Robinson having 1 and still plays all of the 3rd downs even when Robinson's on the field. Everybody is so down on the Patriots running backs, but when Belichick has a good one he is willing to ride him. Henry is the safer play but Stevenson has a lot more upside.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ride Henry until the Titans show any signs of not riding Henry.
He has the best floor and by far highest ceiling out of any of your options after Diggs. Stevenson could be great as the Pats lead RB, but you are hyping him up way too high if you think he has top 5 RB potential in Pats offense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
diggs and henry for me dont trust any pats or hawks rb:suds:

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday that Walker and rookie Zach Charbonnet "will be battling", Seattle Sports 770 reports. "We're gonna find out how far [Charbonnet] can take it in terms of the receiving part of it," Carroll said. "We know he's really good at it. But so is Kenneth, so those guys will be battling."

Analysis​

It isn't quite clear from Carroll's comment if he's referring to competing for playing time in general or specifically on passing downs. Charbonnet, an incoming second-round pick, caught 61 passes in two seasons at UCLA, whereas Walker (a 2022 second-rounder) had only 19 receptions in three seasons between Wake Forest and MSU. Walker did catch 27 balls as a rookie, though for only 165 yards (6.1 per catch, 4.7 YPT) while doing nearly all of his damage on the ground to the tune of a 228-1,050-9 rushing line. The impressive running makes him a strong favorite to keep the starting job and lead role, but there's no question a prospect of Charbonnet's caliber poses a threat to Walker's touch volume

only in BBs world

Stevenson was far more effective than Damien Harris (13 carries for 48 yards), yet Harris got more rushing attempts in this must-win game.
Charbonnet as a receiving back seems crazy to me. After watching his first two years at Michigan anyway.

Nobody cared when he transferred. Maybe UCLA knows a lot more about coaching than Mike Hart, idk. But I am not a believer in him being a factor in the NFL.

That said I’ll prolly take him third in leagues I own Walker in. Just in case.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charbonnet as a receiving back seems crazy to me. After watching his first two years at Michigan anyway.

Nobody cared when he transferred. Maybe UCLA knows a lot more about coaching than Mike Hart, idk. But I am not a believer in him being a factor in the NFL.

That said I’ll prolly take him third in leagues I own Walker in. Just in case.
Walker had 19 catches in three years of college, Charbonnet had 37 last season, also Walker has been a reluctant blocker on pass plays and Charbonnet seems to do a decent job blocking. Charbonnet averaged 7 yards a carry which is more than decent.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker had 19 catches in three years of college, Charbonnet had 37 last season, also Walker has been a reluctant blocker on pass plays and Charbonnet seems to do a decent job blocking. Charbonnet averaged 7 yards a carry which is more than decent.
I’ve never been impressed by Charbonnet, at anything.

Walker was one of the best ball carriers I’ve seen in CFB in years.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never been impressed by Charbonnet, at anything.

Walker was one of the best ball carriers I’ve seen in CFB in years.
After watching his play at Michigan I can understand that opinion, but he looked much better at UCLA. I don't think he's special, but he gets the job done. I don't own any shares of him in FF, but think he fits the mold to what Pete likes in RBs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching his play at Michigan I can understand that opinion, but he looked much better at UCLA. I don't think he's special, but he gets the job done. I don't own any shares of him in FF, but think he fits the mold to what Pete likes in RBs.
His numbers at UCLA certainly look like he improved.

And he probably adds more to your offense than Detroit is going to get by dumping a starter and wasting a first rounder.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Stevenson averaged 5.0 ypc last year and Henry averaged 4.4. I know that Henry faced more stacked boxes, but it's not like the Patriots had a passing game for people to fear either.
Actually. Im completely Wrong. Like completely wrong. I had my stats way off. I just pulled things. More his advanced metrics.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevenson is a good RB, took advantage of increased role when Harris got hurt and rode a big bump in receiving work to a top 10 finish last year.

But that was with Matt Patricia calling the games. Now that they have an offensive coordinator again I'm expecting a more modern offensive game plan that involves throwing forward passes to WRs and TEs and less dump offs. Mac might even pass for over 3,000yds!
Stevenson aDOT was negative last year at -0.2, not uncommon for RB but indicates to me that his increased passing game role was an extension of their run game vs him running routes and beating coverage like a CMC or Pollard.

Will the Patriots offense to be similar to last season? Will Stevenson really lead them in receptions, and be #2 in targets again?
There's a chance that happens again.

Titans will still be running their attack through Henry for one more season. I know that to be true as long as he stays healthy. They didn't draft WRs, receiving TE, or even a backup RB that has all of his knee ligaments. But they did draft one of the best OL available in the draft in Skoronski.