• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos for Sale at End of Season?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As expected, franchise icons Peyton Manning and John Elway will be involved in the process, with both men part of separate bidding groups (Twitter link via Troy Renck of Denver 7). Manning is said to be eyeing both a minority ownership stake as well as a role in the management of the team, and Elway — who served as the club’s GM from 2011-20 before being transitioned to a different role upon the hiring of George Paton last year — is reportedly interested in staying with the franchise in some capacity, whether as a part owner or something else."

I know that the final sentence is an easy set up for those who have grown weary of Elway's presence within the organization ( for which I am NOT one ) , and all jokes aside, it would be a sad day if the time were to come where John Elway was not part of this organization ..

Perhaps the fact that Elway and the Mannings are in two separate groups might be a "don't put your eggs on one basket" strategy -- with Peyton hiring The Duke in some capacity if his group prevails and vice versa

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFM scares me he has no experience running teams. I know I hear everything Manning touches turns to gold. Well yeah he nails everything in front of the camera but, how is he running things behind them IDK. How will he handle it IF things go sour Broncos Country will turn on him as bad as they have Elway. If PFM group wins bid goodluck handling Broncos Country most demanding fanbase in NFL.

Reactions: LGM

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFM scares me he has no experience running teams. I know I hear everything Manning touches turns to gold. Well yeah he nails everything in front of the camera but, how is he running things behind them IDK. How will he handle it IF things go sour Broncos Country will turn on him as bad as they have Elway. If PFM group wins bid goodluck handling Broncos Country most demanding fanbase in NFL.
Conversely, we could end up with an owner who runs the team into the ground. I seriously doubt a PFM team or Elway team would allow that to happen.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take the detail oriented, demanding, perfectionist all day everyday.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know anything about the other participants in the potential ownership groups ?? .. Who are the other people Elway and Manning are affiliated with ??

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know anything about the other participants in the potential ownership groups ?? .. Who are the other people Elway and Manning are affiliated with ??
I’m surprised no other names have leaked. I do hope Robert Smith is one though.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised no other names have leaked. I do hope Robert Smith is one though.
.. and no word on who is in with Elway and Manning within their respective groups ??

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John got Manning because he didn't pester him. And let's be honest here. The FA's we got after Manning were because of Manning. Not Elway.

Elway was also hated by agents, as he tried to nickel and dime guys to death.

For every pick you listed, there's a Paxton Lynch or Trevor Semien. His record during the draft was pretty bad.

He also never really looked or searched outside his own network to find a great coach. His retreads won sometimes in spite of themselves, and searches were always over before they started. He liked to hire assistant coaches as well, which is very odd.

The more Paton continues to work, the more people will remove their blinders. Unless of course Elway wins the bid. Then we'll see.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's be honest here. The FA's we got after Manning were because of Manning. Not Elway.
Nonsense ..

On Talib: "The contract was heavily criticized by members of the media and analysts, many opining that the Broncos overpaid for Talib. The New England Patriots also offered Talib a contract, but he stated it was a business decision and both parties could not agree on the amount of guaranteed money and time of payouts."

In other words, Elway's offer is a deciding factor .. the money ..

Every single report had us resigning Rodgers Cromartie ( who actually played well ) and Jared Allen .. Elway shocked everyone, including the fans, when he got Talib ( nobody saw that coming ) and Ware ... Elway made these deals, he was the GM .. If Elway was so hated by agents ( and so what if he was, it didn;t stop the played we needed from coming here ), how did he get all these deals done ?

You could go back in history to any great team that had a good run and pick apart who was responsible for what - was it Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, etc ?? .. Brady or Belichick ?? .. to debate "who made who" is pointless -- the team was embarrassed in consecutive playoff runs, and the GM addressed it .. The team improved, the team changed its identity and that is what won SB50 ...

Gary Kubiak, Wade Phillips, Von Miller, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, TJ Ward

We could debate until the pandas come home, but the fact is that Elway is the GM who landed Manning, Ware, Talib, Ward, Sanders, etc

And there's also Terrence Knighton, Darian Stewart and Shaq Barrett

To say that Manning's decision to sign with the Broncos was based on "not being pestered" - c'mon LGM, that doesn;t make any sense

Trevor Siemian was a seventh round pick .. You;re going to criticize a GM for using a 7th on Siemian ?? .. a guy, 6 years after being picked in the 7th round is starting games for Sean Payton ?? .. That's a good pick for a seventh rounder ..

Kubiak and Wade were directly connected with Elway going back to the 80s and 90s ...

To deny Elway credit - esp from someone who knows and is familiar with the organization - it;s just flat out off base

If anything, Manning's presence with the Broncos showed that Elway was serious about winning .. John Elway was, and still is the face of this franchise and when a guy has that kind of stake in something, it is recognized ...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think George as thrown in with Manning. I was coming in with Dan Reeves, but he said he would rather die first. @LGM with working with the Chinese government = last I heard.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are bored, a Klis update on the sale of the team. It might go to highest bidder, in case you were wondering…

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are bored, a Klis update on the sale of the team. It might go to highest bidder, in case you were wondering…

When the Broncos go up for bids on eBay, they'll be right there on my watchlist between the vintage Ace Frehley belt buckle and the Sybil Danning poster from 1978

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thereareseveral people outthere who are probably looking very closely at making an offer. We're talking multi-Billionaires with huge packets full of accessible cash. The first that comes to mind is Jeff Bezos. He's publicly stated that he'd beinterested in buying an NFL franchise. He neversaid anything about the price being right. He's probably the world's richest man and the NFL Owners Clubwould welcome him with open arms. Anither group is Fenway Sports Management with more than $100B in it's portfolio. Headed by John Henry, owner of the boston Red Sox, the FMG has just purchased the Pittsburgh Penguins. Thefmg has a large group of billionaires as partnerswho have a total worth of more than $200B. I know that the NFL has rules about ownigmultiple sportsfranchises, but the FMG prtners might be in position to squeeze the NFL Owners'outside business interests where theyactually make mot of their money. There's always the Kadasian sisters and their boyfriemds and husbands. Nothing like a little glitz and glamour to spruce upa stadium.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting in an article from Woody Paige yesterday:

“According to my NFL, business and legal sources, six different individual and groups have expressed serious interest in purchasing the Broncos. One includes president of football operations John Elway, whose five-year contract is ending, and another involves Peyton Manning. Two others feature minority partners in other sports franchises. One is a prominent billionaire with Colorado connections, and the other would include Brittany Bowlen and associates.”

Is the billionaire with Colorado connections Robert Smith or Anschutz? I’m guessing Robert Smith.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting in an article from Woody Paige yesterday:

“According to my NFL, business and legal sources, six different individual and groups have expressed serious interest in purchasing the Broncos. One includes president of football operations John Elway, whose five-year contract is ending, and another involves Peyton Manning. Two others feature minority partners in other sports franchises. One is a prominent billionaire with Colorado connections, and the other would include Brittany Bowlen and associates.”

Is the billionaire with Colorado connections Robert Smith or Anschutz? I’m guessing Robert Smith.
I've been in a lot of negotiations and what I would figure is Brittaney Bowlen pushes her chips in with some party and makes them winners. If true - on no factual basis at all - I would predict Peyton Manning and Ms. Bowlin.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Robert Smith among the suitors. From PFT:

Not long after the Broncos announce their next coach, they’ll most likely be making an even more significant announcement. The team will be put up for sale. Among the expected bidders for the franchise will be, according to A.J. Perez of FrontOfficeSports.com, Denver native Robert F. Smith. If Smith emerges as the purchaser, he would become the NFL’s first Black controlling owner of a franchise.

Smith, as Perez notes, is worth $6.7 billion, according to Forbes. Smith would need to acquire at least 30 percent of the franchise. With the Broncos expected to fetch a price of $4 billion, he’d need to personally devote roughly $1.33 billion to the overall purchase, with the remainder coming from limited partners.

Woody Paige of the Denver Gazette, via Perez, has reported that six groups are prepared to make bids for the team. One group reportedly will be led by Brittany Bowlen, the daughter of the late Pat Bowlen.

For several years, three trustees have operated the team, at the direction of Pat Bowlen. Their goal was to identify whether and when one of Bowlen’s seven children would be ready to run the team. Without full agreement among the children regarding the sibling who will run the team, however, that designation becomes impossible. Some of the children, led by Brittany, could try to buy out the children who are unwilling to continue the arrangement with Brittany running the team.

Current Broncos executive John Elway and former Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning reportedly are involved with two separate groups that hope to buy the team. Presumably, neither has enough assets to serve as the controlling owner. Others tied to the possible purchase include Amazon gazillionaire Jeff Bezos.

The process will be competitive and potentially contentious. Ultimately, the winning bidder must secure approval from 24 of the league’s 32 owners. Money will go a long way toward determining the purchase price. The ability of the winning bidder to properly finance team operations will be a major factor in the approval process.

Hovering over the sale is the reality that, with the passage of time, the team will become more and more valuable. The explosion of revenue from legalized gambling makes all teams worth more and more money. It also guarantees that whoever lands the asset will generate significant annual net revenues. In time, the investment would pay for itself, possibly multiple times over.

The process will begin with the expected announcement that the team is for sale. it will end with a new owner in place. Whether and to what extent the owner knows how to properly run the team (some owners do, some owners don’t) will go a long way toward determining whether the Broncos contend for playoff appearances and championships. Regardless, the new owner will annually win where it matters most — on the balance sheet.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckle up. Should be interesting.

I just want someone who does the right things and doesn't use his power in a negative way like we have seen some of the crappier owners of professional sports do. Money is important but we need someone like Pat Bowlen. This is a huge moment for the future of the Denver Broncos. I don't want to become the Washington (former Redskins) or the Raiders or Cowboys where the owner thinks he has to do more then just own a team and run it proper with the right people.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Robert Smith among the suitors. From PFT:

Not long after the Broncos announce their next coach, they’ll most likely be making an even more significant announcement. The team will be put up for sale. Among the expected bidders for the franchise will be, according to A.J. Perez of FrontOfficeSports.com, Denver native Robert F. Smith. If Smith emerges as the purchaser, he would become the NFL’s first Black controlling owner of a franchise.

Smith, as Perez notes, is worth $6.7 billion, according to Forbes. Smith would need to acquire at least 30 percent of the franchise. With the Broncos expected to fetch a price of $4 billion, he’d need to personally devote roughly $1.33 billion to the overall purchase, with the remainder coming from limited partners.

Woody Paige of the Denver Gazette, via Perez, has reported that six groups are prepared to make bids for the team. One group reportedly will be led by Brittany Bowlen, the daughter of the late Pat Bowlen.

For several years, three trustees have operated the team, at the direction of Pat Bowlen. Their goal was to identify whether and when one of Bowlen’s seven children would be ready to run the team. Without full agreement among the children regarding the sibling who will run the team, however, that designation becomes impossible. Some of the children, led by Brittany, could try to buy out the children who are unwilling to continue the arrangement with Brittany running the team.

Current Broncos executive John Elway and former Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning reportedly are involved with two separate groups that hope to buy the team. Presumably, neither has enough assets to serve as the controlling owner. Others tied to the possible purchase include Amazon gazillionaire Jeff Bezos.

The process will be competitive and potentially contentious. Ultimately, the winning bidder must secure approval from 24 of the league’s 32 owners. Money will go a long way toward determining the purchase price. The ability of the winning bidder to properly finance team operations will be a major factor in the approval process.

Hovering over the sale is the reality that, with the passage of time, the team will become more and more valuable. The explosion of revenue from legalized gambling makes all teams worth more and more money. It also guarantees that whoever lands the asset will generate significant annual net revenues. In time, the investment would pay for itself, possibly multiple times over.

The process will begin with the expected announcement that the team is for sale. it will end with a new owner in place. Whether and to what extent the owner knows how to properly run the team (some owners do, some owners don’t) will go a long way toward determining whether the Broncos contend for playoff appearances and championships. Regardless, the new owner will annually win where it matters most — on the balance sheet.
I'm telling everyone - Brittany Bowland is the king maker here. Oh - and she was the favorite of the trust committee until the lawsuits.
She is setup to get a very big chunk of the Denver Broncos and a payout on some of her 25% ownership on top of it. Whoever she partner's with will have the highest bid.