• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos for Sale at End of Season?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit ago, Klis was on with Charlie Weiss and Weiss asked if the Broncos were for sale. Kliss said they are not officially for sale but thinks they will be after the season although there is a chance Brittany could still be in contention, but he believes they will officially go up for sale after the season with a sale becoming official sometime between March an June of 2022.

Interesting take and is right in line with what I think will happen. The question kind of caught Kliss off guard and the answer and he first said "will" be sold then corrected to "may" be sold. I think it is foregone conclusion that Broncos will have a new owner next year.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be good to put this ownership mess behind us one way or another. Let's just hope we end up with an owner like Pat who, as he would say, wanted to be #1 in everything.

Reactions: LGM

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Crazy could afford the Broncos if he sold his jersey collection.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to get this done while we are only team needing new owner. Sooner the better just hope its a great Billionaire owner.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to get this done while we are only team needing new owner. Sooner the better just hope its a great Billionaire owner.
I don’t know Jeff personally, but Bezos does have a good track record of running successful businesses, and that’s certainly a good start. He can afford a few missteps along the way of learning the football “nonprofit” business. ;)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know Jeff personally, but Bezos does have a good track record of running successful businesses, and that’s certainly a good start. He can afford a few missteps along the way of learning the football “nonprofit” business. ;)
He's my #1 choice

JuTang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect his ex wife to jump in at the last minute to buy the Broncos and then disappointingly find out Ted Lasso is a fictional character

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully this is a good indication that there will be a sale.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...a sale of our beloved team is arguably in the best interest of the Denver Broncos. I just really miss Pat Bowlen. He built something special in Denver and I loved having him as our owner. Class act and competitive to the end.

Hopefully a new owner will figure out how we find our franchise quarterback. All we need is that one piece and we can build around it and return to prominence in the league. These last 5 years have been painful.

On a brighter note, I had a really good day at work today!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Henry and the Fenway Sports Group are in on this. They have nearly a trillion dollars in the Henry Hedge Fund/FSG and a very impressive group of investors at $5B each like LeBron and Maverick. They just bought the Pittsburgh Penguins last week and kept the core in place. Henry said that they were looking at the NBA and NFL. Of course Henry also owns the Red Sox.

The Broncos could do worse.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Henry and the Fenway Sports Group are in on this. They have nearly a trillion dollars in the Henry Hedge Fund/FSG and a very impressive group of investors at $5B each like LeBron and Maverick. They just bought the Pittsburgh Penguins last week and kept the core in place. Henry said that they were looking at the NBA and NFL. Of course Henry also owns the Red Sox.

The Broncos could do worse.
But hopefully do better.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hopefully do better.
Like anything else, big money talks loudest. That and Henry owns the Red Sox and has won four World Series, owns the Liverpool FC and has a huge stadium and contacts all over London and now owns the Penguins and has Mario Lemieux running the organization. He's respected and has a gigantic pocketbook. He's the kind of guy that NFL owners like having in their club. Goes with the crowd and just likes to add more stacks of green to his bankroll. And he's close friends with Robert Kraft.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope so I just don't see how an Org can run successfully with family bickering behind the scenes.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the NFL have a rule about not being able to own franchises in other leagues in the US? Isn't that why Kroenke had to "give" control of the Avs and Nugs to his kids?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my point of view - sell this team to anyone with unlimited resources - and have them keep the team in Denver and have the team run by knowledgeable football guys. I'm impressed with Paton to this point - a new owner would be foolish to take over this team and not leave Paton in the current role - or as the guy in charge of football operations. Someone who can appreciate the historhy of this team.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my point of view - sell this team to anyone with unlimited resources - and have them keep the team in Denver and have the team run by knowledgeable football guys. I'm impressed with Paton to this point - a new owner would be foolish to take over this team and not leave Paton in the current role - or as the guy in charge of football operations. Someone who can appreciate the historhy of this team.
I can't imagine ANY new owner would MOVE the Broncos. If new owner starts completely with all new people in place that would concern me to start off.