• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos for Sale at End of Season?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay away Elway! We love you but your magic in Denver is over. Be a fan. ;)
Say whatever you want, but Elway had a direct hand in all three superbowl trophies the Broncos have so his magic will never be over. Don't be an Elway hater, the guy knew he was done as a GM stepped away at the right time and left a pretty solid team with a great new GM. I will never get any of the Elway hate. The Guy bleeds orange. Why not go for the trifecta SB with trophies as a player, executive and owner. Never been done before.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say whatever you want, but Elway had a direct hand in all three superbowl trophies the Broncos have so his magic will never be over. Don't be an Elway hater, the guy knew he was done as a GM stepped away at the right time and left a pretty solid team with a great new GM. I will never get any of the Elway hate. The Guy bleeds orange. Why not go for the trifecta SB with trophies as a player, executive and owner. Never been done before.

Dude relax. Just because I don't want to see Elway be the owner doesn't justify hate. Little dramatic there. There is a difference between hate and wanting what is best for the team. If we classified hate as wanting to move on from anyone in the organization that wouldn't be fair. I guess I hate Paxton Lynch because I thought he wasn't the long term QB of the Broncos? I guess I hate my mother because I don't think she would do a good job owning the Broncos?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude relax. Just because I don't want to see Elway be the owner doesn't justify hate. Little dramatic there. There is a difference between hate and wanting what is best for the team. If we classified hate as wanting to move on from anyone in the organization that wouldn't be fair. I guess I hate Paxton Lynch because I thought he wasn't the long term QB of the Broncos? I guess I hate my mother because I don't think she would do a good job owning the Broncos?
hey, don't sell your Mom short ... She might be just what the organization needs

DC: "Mon, I spoke with Tatum Bell today .. Just because he's in his 40s and is selling phones doesn;t mean he can't play anymore"

Mom: "shhhhsh !! I'm on the horn with Aaron Rodgers"

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if my $4B offer will get any attention.

It's not the money, it's the $2.5M monthly loan payments that will kill me. This bank won't take me to court, they'll break my legs and cut off my fingers. That's just for missing the first payment.
And someone else said sniffing glue was under-rated....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just giving you a hard time. Where in Florida? Get yourself some Florida Gator gear!
On the panhandle. Panama City Beach. At this time of the year temps here are about high 50s or low 60s and will creep into the low 70s.
The gators don't like it quite as cool as it is right now and are laying low. Went on a gator ride in Louisiana and was amazed at how much they like marshmallows. Like a cat chasing a laser light. Guide said that swamp people never, ever wear anything white. First time ever that I've been a snow bird. Beats the living hell out of shoveling snow in NH

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of shoveling snow. Winter storm coming here.

Reactions: LGM

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you were sensitive yesterday huh?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does Homer still own them?

homer simpson football GIF

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current owners just fired the HC. So, are they going to try to replace him before selling the team? Or let any potential owner pick is own staff?

Unless they move quickly, any coaches that are worth anything will be taken. Of course, recently canned coaches this season don't have a lot to recommended them.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at what John Elway did for the Broncos as GM .. The franchise was in disarray following the fiasco that was Josh McDaniels .. It got so bad that some have even suggested McDaniels intentionally sabotaged the organization knowing fully well he was going back to NE ..

The once proud Denver Broncos were a laughing stock ..

As much as I love Tim Tebow, and feel that he deserves all the credit for that magical run, Elway knew capturing lightening in a bottle happens only once ... Elway goes out and signs Peyton Manning -does this happen in Denver without Elway ?? .. No one can say that positively ..

Elway hires John Fox, the steadying presence the Broncos need .. Fox's hire should not be underestimated considering how the organization was in turmoil ...

Elways drafts Von Miller, Orlando Franklin, Julius Thomas, Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan and finds Chris Harris Jr ... And say what you want about Brock Osweiler, without him winning some of the games in 2015, we probably don't win the SB .. This is two drafts worth of players, guys who would play roles in the SB runs ..

The Broncos compile a 26-6 regular season record in Elway's first two season as GM

The offense sets all time records on the way to a deflating SB loss to the Seahawks ... Elway springs into action and overhauls the defense and signs TJ Ward, Aqib Talib and DeMarcus Ware ..

As important as these signing were, so were the signing Elway chose NOT to make - Dominique Rodgers Cromartie and Jared Allen jump out here ...

Knowing when to cut the ties was also something Elway did well ... Julius Thomas, Malik Jackson, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib all played big roles in the success the team enjoyed during Elway's tenure, but none had near the impact after leaving the team ..

Hiring Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips - both intimately tied to the Elway years of the 80s and 90s .. not to be underestimated ...

The Broncos go on to win SB 50 as the gritty, defensive machine that beat the favored Panthers ... a defense with Wade Phillips, Talib, Miller, Jackson, Ward, Harris, Trevathan, Marshall, Wolfe, Ware, etc -- all guys Elway brought here ..

Other guys like Owen Daniels, Jordan Norwood, Emmanuel Sanders, CJ Anderson were here because of Elway ...

Up to this point, John Elway could be in the discussion for greatest start to a career as a GM

We all know what followed ..

Kubiak's "retirement" lead to hiring Vance .. in hindsight, a mistake ... Paxton Lynch, probably the biggest mark on Elway's GM tenure .. and the string of underwhelming QBs ...

Prior to George Paton's arrival, I feel that we had some good drafts .. Chubb, Sutton, Jewell, Fant, Lock, Risner, DreMont Jones, signing Lindsay, Jeudy, Hamler, Muti, Cushenberry, Albert O -- these were good picks ... you could even say that Royce and DaeSean Hamilton were both considered good choices at the time , both were considered great value ...

Was Vic a "bad hire" ?? something Elway should be vilified for ?

Looking at the entire body of work, I think Elway catches way too much heat ... Looking around the league, all teams go thru dry spells, esp when a HOF QB retires or when a SB HC retires ...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Who in this world likes to be falsely accused of hate when it is far from the truth... You took what I said and mixed into what you wanted to hear.
Do snow storms always make you jumpy? ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do snow storms always make you jumpy? ;)
"we were THIS CLOSE to Ed Reed .. You should have listened to me .. all work and no play makes DC a dull boy .."

Attachments

• jack-torrance-the-shining-1458054558.jpg
    jack-torrance-the-shining-1458054558.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current owners just fired the HC. So, are they going to try to replace him before selling the team? Or let any potential owner pick is own staff?

Unless they move quickly, any coaches that are worth anything will be taken. Of course, recently canned coaches this season don't have a lot to recommended them.
For all intents and purposes, there are no "current owners". There is a trust, led by a few executives for the Broncos, and a fairly large family that can't agree on a successor. Paton and Ellis were the ones to fire Fangio, and Paton is leading the search for a new HC. Early indications are that Paton is not wasting any time filling the position.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The moment Fangio was fired guaranteed current team management will pick new coach.

Change of NFL ownership is a lengthy process. There will be a lot of legal hurdles to jump. Multiple offers to consider. Maybe legal challenges to hear. And NFL owners of the other teams have to approve of the new ownership. This could easily take us into FA or draft.

There is no way a new owner could clean house and get “their guys” in place to have a reasonable chance.