• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

are the best 2 teams in the superbowl?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can really only feel good about one of those times, though. Should have lost the first and last week would make me feel very nervous about the Super Bowl.

From which perspective? If you're telling me that you think Seattle players and coaches will come out of winning the 3rd biggest comeback in conference championship history feeling a little unsure of themselves, then my suspicion is you've never played competitive sports. Or if you have, you've never been part of a comeback like that. On the winning side.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Dallas fans have short memories

Unless you're talking about those SBs they won last century. The highlights are sometimes shown on the history channel if you no longer have a VCR.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From which perspective? If you're telling me that you think Seattle players and coaches will come out of winning the 3rd biggest comeback in conference championship history feeling a little unsure of themselves, then my suspicion is you've never played competitive sports. Or if you have, you've never been part of a comeback like that. On the winning side.

Nope. I'm saying that as a fan I would be concerned that they didn't look very good in either home playoff game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I'm saying that as a fan I would be concerned that they didn't look very good in either home playoff game.

Oh, I see. The BS is getting deeper now. All sorts of Seattle haters in here were talking before the Carolina game about how tough of a matchup it was going to be and it was going to be much closer than we thought. It was 31-10 with 5 minutes left in the game. Carolina got a garbage time TD and Seattle still covered the largest spread of the playoffs. You clearly see what you want, so whatever dude.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see. The BS is getting deeper now. All sorts of Seattle haters in here were talking before the Carolina game about how tough of a matchup it was going to be and it was going to be much closer than we thought. It was 31-10 with 5 minutes left in the game. Carolina got a garbage time TD and Seattle still covered the largest spread of the playoffs. You clearly see what you want, so whatever dude.

Despite "being outplayed" for 57 minutes and doing everything in their power to give the game to GB, Seattle almost covered the spread in that game too. Missed it by a point and a half but that's partly because they never made them kick the extra point on the game winning TD. So really they only missed the spread by half a point.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this is not the no spin zone.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this is not the no spin zone.

When you emerge from the BS zone, let me know what facts I have wrong.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You provided about as accurate a description of the game as DK saying the Hawks "almost" covered the spread against Green Bay. Both are technically true but gross mischaracterizations of the games. The Carolina game was 14-10 going into the 4th quarter and the game was in extreme doubt until Newton through the pick 6 in Seattle territory.

I don't think most people would say Seattle played very well in either game but feel free to feel however you want. It's a free country.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You provided about as accurate a description of the game as DK saying the Hawks "almost" covered the spread against Green Bay. Both are technically true but gross mischaracterizations of the games. The Carolina game was 14-10 going into the 4th quarter and the game was in extreme doubt until Newton through the pick 6 in Seattle territory.

I don't think most people would say Seattle played very well in either game but feel free to feel however you want. It's a free country.

My point was more about how people keep saying that GB "outplayed" Seattle for 57 minutes. If they did outplay Seattle it wasn't by much. If they had truly outplayed Seattle they would have been up by a lot more than they were, especially when you factor in the incredible field position due to multiple turnovers that GB enjoyed throughout the game. Just look at Rodgers stat line. It's barely better than Wilson's but everyone acts like only Wilson had a bad game.

And yes, Seattle did nearly cover the spread in the end.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was more about how people keep saying that GB "outplayed" Seattle for 57 minutes. If they did outplay Seattle it wasn't by much. If they had truly outplayed Seattle they would have been up by a lot more than they were, especially when you factor in the incredible field position due to multiple turnovers that GB enjoyed throughout the game. Just look at Rodgers stat line. It's barely better than Wilson's but everyone acts like only Wilson had a bad game.

And yes, Seattle did nearly cover the spread in the end.

But Green Bay also played like crap.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Green Bay also played like crap.

Ed Zachary!

Yet people keep saying how Seattle was outplayed as though our defense holding down Lacy and Rodgers for the entire game doesn't count as "good play" by Seattle.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle did not look dominant in either game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did in the final 5 minutes.

When did they play good in the rest of the game? They had one nice drive. Other than that their kicker was their MVP. Green Bay didn't play a very dominant game, its just that Seattle offense was even worse until the end so it looked like GB was doing much better. They weren't. They were doing slightly better, but still not good.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're talking about those SBs they won last century. The highlights are sometimes shown on the history channel if you no longer have a VCR.

How long will it take you guys to get over that loss at home.

Boy, the Cowboys fans are paying a high premium for that.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not gonna lie. That one stung. Thankfully we both finished first so we'll meet next year to play a rematch.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember the number of times Hawks fans would bring up "Hammer's Law" last year? It's hilarious how quickly Seattle fans turned to mocking people because their team has no (recent) titles. I realize it's not always the same people but in some cases it definitely is.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the number of times Hawks fans would bring up "Hammer's Law" last year? It's hilarious how quickly Seattle fans turned to mocking people because their team has no (recent) titles. I realize it's not always the same people but in some cases it definitely is.

"Hammer's Law" was about how when a poster who supports a team with Superbowl trophies is losing an argument against a poster who's team doesn't have Superbowl wins that poster will eventually, inevitably bring up Superbowls to win the argument.

I should know. I'm Hammer. It's my law. I birthed it. LOL.

I actually have seen a couple of Hawk fans do it since we won, but it's still used more often than not by teams with multiple SB's who haven't won in a while.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang it. Not liking how dez was robbed and really have a problem with new England cheating. The integrity of the league is really in the balance. It is disappointing and sad
Yeah... Dez was robbed alright... That play should have never happened if the team the week prior wasn't robbed...