• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

are the best 2 teams in the superbowl?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That huge streak of luck didn't do a very good job did it? 4 ints? Two of which were tipped?

Oh that wasn't luck? Only the good plays Seattle made were luck? Who gets to decide which plays were real and which were lucky?

No, who said anything about the good plays Seattle made being luck?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they feel great about winning the game and going to the Super Bowl and not so great about how they've played the last two weeks at home.

Disagree. They are so cocky they won't admit to anything but being the greatest team in the history of the World

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm conjecturing based on your statement that the Seahawks beat the Packers thanks to a "huge streak of good luck".

There were a lot of bad plays by Seattle (aka good plays by Packers)... but those obviously aren't the result of the Seahawks huge streak of good luck...

...so the huge streak of good luck must have come on the good plays that Seattle made (bad plays by Packers)... right?

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. They are so cocky they won't admit to anything but being the greatest team in the history of the World

That's actually a very good point.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they feel great about winning the game and going to the Super Bowl and not so great about how they've played the last two weeks at home.

Gotcha. A very fair point.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'best' is highly subjective as it is. The question should be is there any reason either of the two in it do not deserve to be there? Unless you think underinflated balls should disqualify NE I see no reason to say either team doesn't belong. Seattle did play a bad game for 56 minutes, but GB's total melt down meant they didn't deserve it any more than the team that came back did.

We didn't end up with any sub .500 team sneaking in or something. Even the Colts might have left a lot of room for people to complain about who got in, but none of the other 3, nor Dallas would have raised such questions. Hell, even the Lions wouldn't have. Denver? Really not last years team and didn't look any better than the Colts to me.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget Seattle's mere 3* game win streak against GB all came in Seattle with two of those games coming down to the last play of the game and one of them possibly considered the most controversial ending in modern NFL history. Let's not act as if Seattle has absolutely whipped ass.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So by 'they' you mean Sherman and maybe Bennett I'm taking it? :noidea: You haven't ever heard a single arrogant comment out of Carroll, Wilson, anyone in the front office, Wagner, Kam, Earl, etc...

But keep on telling yourself these things. I'm guessing it really makes you feel better.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can really only feel good about one of those times, though. Should have lost the first and last week would make me feel very nervous about the Super Bowl.
Not wanting to rub salt cuz I know how it feels to lose a CCG.
Seattle has been hosed by the refs before. I have NP admitting the Fail Mary was OPI because of the push off, but I feel fine and dandy about all 3 games as I was in attendance for all 3 and 2 of them were last moment victories which are awesome live in the venue.
I am still overwhelmed over the NFCCG.
Bring on NE and let's see if the NFL finally gets a back to back winner once again.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by 'they' you mean Sherman and maybe Bennett I'm taking it? :noidea: You haven't ever heard a single arrogant comment out of Carroll, Wilson, anyone in the front office, Wagner, Kam, Earl, etc...

But keep on telling yourself these things. I'm guessing it really makes you feel better.

I think he's talking about the 12's.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson looked terrible in that game but the Seattle defense kept the score close.
You must have missed the end of the game.
I don't blame anyone for changing the channel.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, Seattle is not going to be concerned with the considerable shortcomings of Russell Wilson or their pass rush until they lose a game.

:whistle:
Ding dong. We are in the Super Bowl again. This is not the time to consider all of the weaknesses on our team.
Besides, I will admit I like this team. It just goes to show how much of a homer I am. :yahoo:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you mentioned our huge streak of luck, I thought you were talking about the Baldwin kickoff fumble giving it up at our 22 and the 4 interceptions we hand delivered to GB.
Damn, that was some lucky shit right there. LOL.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you mentioned our huge streak of luck, I thought you were talking about the Baldwin kickoff fumble giving it up at our 22 and the 4 interceptions we hand delivered to GB.
Damn, that was some lucky shit right there. LOL.

lol I am thinking he meant AFTER that but you have a damn good point!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed the end of the game.
I don't blame anyone for changing the channel.

Wilson was terrible, but Rodgers was great. Well according to Rodgers anyway who said they were the best team out there that day.

People say this nonsense all the time. Wilson and that offense were fucking horrible for 56 minutes of that game. And fucking brilliant for 4 + OT.

As I said on another thread Wilson played poorly but was clutch and then some. Most amazing comeback considering what was on the line I've ever seen. To the contrary, Clinton-dix had a great game until the end and was anything but clutch. Same with Rodgers, but then the play calling really didn't let him play either. I'll take shitty with clutch at the end vs great with nothing at the end every day of the week.

We do know that this same situation won't work in the SB. Better play at least a reasonably solid game all 4 quarters if you want to win.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding dong. We are in the Super Bowl again. This is not the time to consider all of the weaknesses on our team.
Besides, I will admit I like this team. It just goes to show how much of a homer I am. :yahoo:

Hey, how bout this as my new signature.

Uhsplit: "This is not the time to consider all of the weaknesses on our team"

:suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would argue that Seattle is the best team for the last 3 years. That is certainly debatable on both sides.

I have never seen any known Seahawk fan (someone whose handle we all recognize) say anything remotely close to this, but I have seen many who hate this team say that as if it is a quote.

We are a very good team as evidenced by the back to back. You appear to embellish just a bit when describing our fan base.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget Seattle's mere 3* game win streak against GB all came in Seattle with two of those games coming down to the last play of the game and one of them possibly considered the most controversial ending in modern NFL history. Let's not act as if Seattle has absolutely whipped ass.
Ok, we whopped ass on 1 game and barely beat GB in the other 2.
There.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those INTS and crappy play Wilson had this past sunday, he lead Seattle on 3 td drives. (2 more then Aaron "the best team lost" Rodgers) Hell Seattles Punter had as many TD passes as arod. As hanz and franz say in his commercial, "im not going to sugar coat it thats not very good"