• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jets Overhyped?

Are the Jets contenders or pretenders

• Contenders

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Pretenders

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • They're the Jets, c'mon man

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are kinda something else. You're in the same division so I'd imagine the Seahawks build their team to at least deal with it but I know their first playoff run they blew out their NFC opponents and really looked like they were going to beat the Chiefs after 3 quarters. But the Jets coach was on the Niners and had weeks to prep. Its not a great look.

That said, I don't think making a wild card in the AFC is going to be that brutal. Jets have to sort of pace themselves and they should be fine.
I know this is reactionary to week 1(and first game of week 2)

But what 3 teams are wc teams??
The bengals are going to start the season 0-2
So they have a tough road

I think the colts and the jets are probably the 2 most likely right now.

And maybe even the chargers as 3.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, probably either Colts or Jags in the south and I can see the Jets coming out of the east. Bengals obviously put themselves behind the 8ball with that bad home opener vs. the Pats and KC a really tough bounceback but they have a few games on the sched after this that could see them get right. I think everything for them depends on whether they can beat the Ravens and Browns at least once and hold par in their division. They have the Commies, Panthers, Ravens at home and Giants after the Chiefs game. If they can get the win at home vs. Lamar, they could be in decent shape. Chargers could be in the mix too but a lot of things to sort out. There's always one team that surprises people. We will likely be talking here after Thanksgiving and everything will be different, lol.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a Homer pick in the Jets.
Like it or not, the Jets are still the Jets and rodgers has not looked good in several years.....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a Homer pick in the Jets.
Like it or not, the Jets are still the Jets and rodgers has not looked good in several years.....

Believe me when i say this. I am not being a homer at all. I am a pessimistic jets fan. Hard to be optimistic with a team for the reasons you gave.

But I’m not creating the hype for my team. The hype is there from everyone else. How is it being a homer to believe in the hype of my team.

And the hype is even larger because i don’t think the AFC is good outside of the 4 projected division winners (KC, Houston, Baltimore, Buffalo)

In fact I think it is so bad that I think the jets should be the favourite to get at least one of the WCs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me when i say this. I am not being a homer at all. I am a pessimistic jets fan. Hard to be optimistic with a team for the reasons you gave.

But I’m not creating the hype for my team. The hype is there from everyone else. How is it being a homer to believe in the hype of my team.

And the hype is even larger because i don’t think the AFC is good outside of the 4 projected division winners (KC, Houston, Baltimore, Buffalo)

In fact I think it is so bad that I think the jets should be the favourite to get at least one of the WCs.
What if Rodgers is out?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Rodgers is out?

The upside is gone. But Tyrod Taylor is good enough for the team to win all the games that they were “supposed” to win.

I’d still think they would be a Wc competitor, would they win a wc?? I’m 50/50 right now.

But Rogers, at least has an upside.

But again, I am basing this on how bad I currently think the AFC is.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upside is gone. But Tyrod Taylor is good enough for the team to win all the games that they were “supposed” to win.

I’d still think they would be a Wc competitor, would they win a wc?? I’m 50/50 right now.

But Rogers, at least has an upside.

But again, I am basing this on how bad I currently think the AFC is.
Buffalo answered a lot of questions this week…..

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo answered a lot of questions this week…..

Sure. But I am talking about wc. Bills gonna win the division. Unless you are being the homer and saying the pats are winning the division.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But I am talking about wc. Bills gonna win the division. Unless you are being the homer and saying the pats are winning the division.
Don’t yet have any idea how this season will go for the Pats. I’m too much of an optimist to listen to the negative side yet. No, no not holding my breath for Pats winning the division. We can ruin some teams hopes though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t yet have any idea how this season will go for the Pats. I’m too much of an optimist to listen to the negative side yet. No, no not holding my breath for Pats winning the division. We can ruin some teams hopes though.

Just wondering why you brought up Buffalo.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has to be 2021 Rodgers for the Jets to be better than mediocre. Don't know how many games it will take to shake off the rust so we can see which Rodgers they have.

They could easily go 9-2 to finish the season if Rodgers is hot.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,847.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills defense allowed 28 points to the Cards.

Let that sink in for a second.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo's first 2 games?

Cards
Dolphins

LOL
The Dolphins are not a joke - the Bills played really well on Thursday going to South Florida and getting the dominant win, their D shut down the Fins explosive O - I’m definitely much higher on the Bills after that performance as they have a lot of new guys on D, they played really well - the receiving unit is still a question mark but I think the Bills will be very good this year.
But it’s just Week 2, who really knows what will happen with any team.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills and especially Allen absolutely own the Dolphins. The only surprise in that game is that Allen really didn't have to do all that much to beat them. Miami has all those weapons but they are a pretty soft team vs. real competition. Of course, they just need to break one or two and they are off to the races but McDermott seems to really have their number and completely negates those fast break plays. So the Bills only real statement is same old, same old vs. Miami.