• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jets Overhyped?

Are the Jets contenders or pretenders

• Contenders

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Pretenders

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • They're the Jets, c'mon man

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their last 7 games last year they went 1-7.

I swear the amount of idiots on this board who cant do simple math is astounding. Dont listen to a word this idiot types. He is clearly mentally challenged.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins are not a joke - the Bills played really well on Thursday going to South Florida and getting the dominant win, their D shut down the Fins explosive O - I’m definitely much higher on the Bills after that performance as they have a lot of new guys on D, they played really well - the receiving unit is still a question mark but I think the Bills will be very good this year.
But it’s just Week 2, who really knows what will happen with any team.
look like shit minus tua.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear the amount of idiots on this board who cant do simple math is astounding. Dont listen to a word this idiot types. He is clearly mentally challenged.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF
I failed algebra,but even I can add.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget how Sept football is a lot like April baseball or pre Xmas NBA. Not insignificant but certainly not something to sweat over too much.
Tons of examples last year. Chiefs offense was a hot mess, Eagles were a top team, Bills looked like they were missing the playoffs.

I do think Saleh was probably never going to be the fit with Rodgers. That just seems like the reality with or without rational thinking.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huntley was a pro bowler last season.lost their id without tua.

That is a statement that needs heaps of context, lol (and it was the 2022 season). Huntley was a pro bowler after virtually the entire league passed on the pro bowl as a 4th alternate. He only played in 6 games, threw 2 TDs and 3 INTs and completed 67% of his dump off passes (for an average target of under 6 yards).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People kind of forget that he looked like this in his last year in GB too. He's still good. Just not elite anymore.

The whole firing Salah is a HUGE overreaction to the 1st 5 games. People forget how Sept football is a lot like April baseball or pre Xmas NBA. Not insignificant but certainly not something to sweat over too much.

Phili was 5-0 last year at this point and we all thought they couldn't be beat. Their last 7 games last year they went 1-7. You can go back most years and see the same pattern too. Good teams in Sept aren't necessarily good teams at the end of the year. And teams that didnt perform as well as expected in Sept usually end up turning it around.

In the Vikings game you could almost see the Jets defense starting to figure it out. Once they figure it out, they arent going to need a ton from Rodgers to make the playoffs. And its not Rodgers that is the problem on offense either. Its the OL and running game that is the biggest issue. If the new OC is even half worth a damn, he should be able to straighten out the offense pretty quickly.
You don’t understand. Clearly the Jets had to fire Saleh to maintain their reputation.
Jets gonna’ Jets

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a statement that needs heaps of context, lol (and it was the 2022 season). Huntley was a pro bowler after virtually the entire league passed on the pro bowl as a 4th alternate. He only played in 6 games, threw 2 TDs and 3 INTs and completed 67% of his dump off passes (for an average target of under 6 yards).
Now why you got to be like that???

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea whether any of this is true but pretty wild if so

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea whether any of this is true but pretty wild if so

So the supposedly unbiased Associated Press is telling people how to vote.

If I'm a voter, that is more likely to get me to take the opposite approach and vote for Darnold. If only just to piss them off for telling me what to do.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the supposedly unbiased Associated Press is telling people how to vote.

If I'm a voter, that is more likely to get me to take the opposite approach and vote for Darnold. If only just to piss them off for telling me what to do.

The guidance was right though.

It's an award for a person making a comeback. Not a person who has overcome his past awfulness. Most Improved would be the reward that Darnold would be competing for.

I for one am still hoping for a late season push by Nick Chubb for that award. One of the better football players in the last 5 years to play the game. Hoping he comes back just as good.