• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All of a sudden people are proclaiming Russell Wilson the best QB

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best right now? nope,very excellent with a lot of promise,oh yes very much so.

I swear to God, it's like half the Seahawks trolls are 12 year old ESL students who are typing in English for the first time.

If we're going to be subjected to this stuff, can there at least be proper punctuation and grammar? Is that too much to ask?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to God, it's like half the Seahawks trolls are 12 year old ESL students who are typing in English for the first time.

If we're going to be subjected to this stuff, can there at least be proper punctuation and grammar? Is that too much to ask?

Not surprised. Look at juvenile stuff some of them are posting on the General board.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that it? man you are a whiner,every post here by an any other team you jump on it,you are pathetic tbh and i post from A phone sometimes so soo sorry my little friend that all the I's are not dotted and the T's crossed,every little spelling grammar nazi i have ever met had noodle arms and was avoided by the opposite sex,i bet you hit that nail right on the head.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that it? man you are a whiner,every post here by an any other team you jump on it,you are pathetic tbh and i post from A phone sometimes so soo sorry my little friend that all the I's are not dotted and the T's crossed,every little spelling grammar nazi i have ever met had noodle arms and was avoided by the opposite sex,i bet you hit that nail right on the head.

I hit the nail right on the head?

I always post from my phone too. I make mistakes. Everyone does. It's the willful butchering that makes me sad.

Also I've never once complained about another team's fan posting here. It's the inane trolling (often accompanied by borderline unintelligible posts) that I think is dumb

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always post from my phone too. I make mistakes. Everyone does. It's the willful butchering that makes me sad.

Also I've never once complained about another team's fan posting here. It's the inane trolling (often accompanied by borderline unintelligible posts) that I think is dumb

BS you have jumped on my posts and they were not trolling in any sense,and these remarks on my punctuation are just a pathetic attempt to attack.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS you have jumped on my posts and they were not trolling in any sense,and these remarks on my punctuation are just a pathetic attempt to attack.

Oh, I thought you meant I complained about non-Seahawks fans? Yeah, I have complained about Seahawks trolls, that is for sure.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, of the elite guys, only Manning is clearly playing better than Wilson this year. I'm not crazy about the guy, but he's been pretty darn impressive. Granted he's generally not asked to do nearly as much as those other guys.

I disagree. Brady has vastly outplayed everybody with the garbage he has had to work with until Gronkowski came back. I get that Wilson has had a decimated O-line, but he's negated that with his ability to scramble. If he had Brady's RB's and WR's he'd be .500 at best.

I think Wilson is pretty good, but pretty good isn't MVP. I think he gets far too much credit for that defense and HFA that is making road teams look stupid.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I think it's better than Brady's. I don't think Brady has much poise. He never concedes defeat and is extremely dangerous even when the score seems insurmountable or very late in games, but he can get rattled by pressure. Wilson's mobility allows him to escape a lot of pressure that would result in a Brady sack.

Sack numbers for the two: Brady has 32, Wilson has 30.

You're not giving Brady enough credit, in my opinion.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it doesn't bother you. That's your team right there. Sneaky Pete is your boy, the Hawks will destroy the 49ers, etc. I know, we hear it all the damn time.

I just want 49er fans to be able to talk a little football without having a bunch of trolls descend and derail. If all they want to do is talk about their own team's greatness then there is a board for that.

You actually think Toby is a Seahawks fan?

I need to stop reading this nonsense. I very much miss 2011.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot the commas after "phone," and "Also," and the period after "dumb."

If you're going to be a nazi...

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toby sometimes seems like a Seahawks fan. I used to defend the guy but not anymore. He's a troll, through and through.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

He is extremely good at finding the open man during a 5+ man rush. There's no point in blitzing. The niners need to stay disciplined in passing situations and hope the run D can contain Marshawn.

Therein lies the rub. You stay back and we just run the ball down your throat and kill the clock. He has also developed a short to intermediate game lately, so slants and TE under crossing routes are there if you play back.

NO decided to stack the box to force more throws and try to get Brees the ball back. RW made them pay big time. Now, your defense is better than the Saints, so it will be harder to beat and you may not need 8 in the box to stop Lynch. This is why I think this game is a very intriguing matchup.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked? I'm not shocked, they do this crap all the time. We have Toby, remember? People trolling this board isn't shocking to me at all.

And I don't have a problem with opinions. Multiple trolls finding any little excuse to fire off declaratory statements which are not based in reality and simply serve to further engorge their rock hard love of all things Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll, and the Seattle Seahawks? On the 49ers board? No, I'm not really into that.

I think it's fine if you want to engage with a delusional, unintelligent fanbase over on their board. And if they want to come over here too, that's fine. But lets bring on some objective analysis and have an actual conversation rather than just blow our neon green wads all over each other.

Serve it up then Whysies. This thread is saying RW is not elite, which most Hawk fans will agree. He is not there yet and is only in his second year. But show us the stats that prove he is not good from the pocket? Show us that he has not put the team on his back and brought them back from large deficits to take the lead or win games. Remember he has only had his starting O-line and TE for 3 or 4 games this season. He is also missing a big weapon on offense, just like Kaep has.

I really don't see how stu or cloud or myself can be considered a troll when we are discussing football and are staying on topic. What is a troll to you? To me a troll is someone posting something absolutely ludicrous, as bait to get a response. Ya know, like a fisherman trolling. If you think a troll is just a person who is a fan of another team, then I'm sorry, I can't help you there. If you have some data to make your point, then bring it. Other than that, we take your posts just like those here take your posts about Toby.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's certainly not a 49ers fan. Everything he says about the Seahawks is praise, seems like his favorite team. Maybe there is a team he likes more, I don't know. What team do you think he's a fan of?

I'm not really sure what you're complaining about though, seems like you're rarely here as it is. I enjoy your prickly schtick though, I miss you and imac posting (even if you do take the contrarian curmudgeon schtick a bit too far sometimes and defend trolls like Toby just to try and pick an E-fight).

Post more man, the board is better when you're a participant. I really mean that. And if it makes you feel better to follow me around and do the prickly bastard thing that's fine by me, as long as we can get more of your normal posts too. The board is better when you're a part of it.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serve it up then Whysies. This thread is saying RW is not elite, which most Hawk fans will agree. He is not there yet and is only in his second year. But show us the stats that prove he is not good from the pocket? Show us that he has not put the team on his back and brought them back from large deficits to take the lead or win games. Remember he has only had his starting O-line and TE for 3 or 4 games this season. He is also missing a big weapon on offense, just like Kaep has.

I really don't see how stu or cloud or myself can be considered a troll when we are discussing football and are staying on topic. What is a troll to you? To me a troll is someone posting something absolutely ludicrous, as bait to get a response. Ya know, like a fisherman trolling. If you think a troll is just a person who is a fan of another team, then I'm sorry, I can't help you there. If you have some data to make your point, then bring it. Other than that, we take your posts just like those here take your posts about Toby.

I'm not sure if there are any stats on in pocket versus out of the pocket. Do the exist? Anyway, I don't think he's particularly good in the pocket (mainly because his midgness means he can't see over it). He's very good when rolling out and scrambling and teams don't cover his WRs. If you want me info on the topic then see basically every post Crimson has ever made about Wilson as a pocket passer.

If you want to see evidence of trolling, then see all the responses to posts when Crimson talks about his relative struggles from the pocket. Generally there's multiple Seahawks fans who have their head lodged so far up Wilson's butt that they have to come in screaming their "objectively true" statements about his greatness. We can't say one thing that has even the hint of criticism of Wilson or the Seahawks without getting inundated with contrary statements from Seahawks homers. And this is on the 49ers board. Shit, they sometimes even find the references to the Seahawks that are buried in game day threads for other games and they instantly come in to white knight their team. It's ridiculous. I mean, they are monitoring all of our threads for any possible reference to the Seahawks so that they can come in and post something contrarian to extol the greatness of their beloved team? All they do is troll the board looking to troll 49er fans if they say anything at all about the Seahawks.

Last edited by a moderator:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that some posters are trolling, but there are some that just want to talk football and who better to talk to than the division rival and defending NFC champions.

I will say that the last two games I have seen RW stick in the pocket and make throws. It is no coincidence that the last two games he has had his whole starting O-line. There was criticism on our board about whether he can make the slant throws or the crossing routes because of his height, but he has hit those throws well these last two games. In fact there was a write up on Field Gulls over at SB nation about the slant throw and how he has adjusted his target a little higher to hit the WR in stride better and keep the ball further from the defender.

As far as this thread, I think the media is going a little over board, but here is why I think they are on his jock so much. He is a 2nd year player and is leading a good team that has a chance to be good for a very long time. I think they like his play as a QB, but I think they like his leadership, command, and study of the game even more. They also love the underdog story in the media, so to have a 3rd round, undersized guy take the starting QB job in the 3rd preseason game, and continue to look like he could be the teams first true franchise guy, it makes a nice story.

Kaep still has a chance to be the same thing. He has all the tools and in abundance and he has not had many weapons all year. Look what Crabs did in just his first game back. That makes a defense play the Niners completely differently.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically all I'm saying is this: We have had to listen to Seahawks fans give us their unsolicited opinion and correct us every time we have said anything remotely critical about Wilson. We have been told he's taller than he actually is. We have been told he's smarter than he actually is. We have been told he could be President of the United States because his awesomeness transcends mere sports into any facet of life he chooses to excel in. I get it, he's simultaneously an Everyman and a Superman and you all love him. I think that's great, I'm happy for you.

But, we should be able to make fun of his stupid haircut and his shitty fake personality and his overall midgetness if we want to. We should be able to make honest assessments of his game if we feel so inclined. It's the 49ers board after all and that's our right as red and gold blooded 49ers fans.

Now, if you want to talk a little football then by all means, welcome. But check your homerism at the door. That crap is for your own board. Please don't troll us and please be objective. Thanks.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I was just hoping to see more honest assessments with data to support it, and fewer midget jokes or general suicide, lumberjack, raining, coffee drinking Hawk fan insults that a 12 year old would find funny. I have heard this board really knows its football, so I was hoping to hear the actual criticisms from another fanbases point of view.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colin_kaepernick_espy_173774812_zpsd3be9e07.jpg
OK, I was just hoping to see more honest assessments with data to support it, and fewer midget jokes or general suicide, lumberjack, raining, coffee drinking Hawk fan insults that a 12 year old would find funny. I have heard this board really knows its football, so I was hoping to hear the actual criticisms from another fanbases point of view.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, that is funny. Ok, time for sleep.

Hey, if the NFL doesn't work out for Kap, maybe he could play Vin Diesel in a bio channel documentary.