• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All of a sudden people are proclaiming Russell Wilson the best QB

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically all I'm saying is this: We have had to listen to Seahawks fans give us their unsolicited opinion and correct us every time we have said anything remotely critical about Wilson. We have been told he's taller than he actually is. We have been told he's smarter than he actually is. We have been told he could be President of the United States because his awesomeness transcends mere sports into any facet of life he chooses to excel in. I get it, he's simultaneously an Everyman and a Superman and you all love him. I think that's great, I'm happy for you.

But, we should be able to make fun of his stupid haircut and his shitty fake personality and his overall midgetness if we want to. We should be able to make honest assessments of his game if we feel so inclined. It's the 49ers board after all and that's our right as red and gold blooded 49ers fans.

Now, if you want to talk a little football then by all means, welcome. But check your homerism at the door. That crap is for your own board. Please don't troll us and please be objective. Thanks.

Don't we have a few who do the same thing with Kaepernick when he shows the slightest sign of recovery? What's the harm? Why such vitriol?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we have a few who do the same thing with Kaepernick when he shows the slightest sign of recovery? What's the harm? Why such vitriol?

Why am I tired of hearing how amazing Russell Wilson is from Hawks fans? And why am I more accepting of people talking about Kaepernick?

Because this is the 49ers board, dummy

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I was just hoping to see more honest assessments with data to support it, and fewer midget jokes or general suicide, lumberjack, raining, coffee drinking Hawk fan insults that a 12 year old would find funny. I have heard this board really knows its football, so I was hoping to hear the actual criticisms from another fanbases point of view.

I said we should be able to make honest assessments about his game. Apparently that is not ok with your fanbase, if their posts on this board are any indication.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
colin_kaepernick_espy_173774812_zpsd3be9e07.jpg

lol.. Why is it that Russ keeps shrinking and Kaep keeps growing ? :laugh3:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a dog in this fight - but what I have observed over the months is that the Hawks fans that visit this board on a regular basis do so with respect and objectivity....many of the Hawks fans on the general board are more of the "trolling" type however.

Carry on

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically all I'm saying is this: We have had to listen to Seahawks fans give us their unsolicited opinion and correct us every time we have said anything remotely critical about Wilson. We have been told he's taller than he actually is. We have been told he's smarter than he actually is. We have been told he could be President of the United States because his awesomeness transcends mere sports into any facet of life he chooses to excel in. I get it, he's simultaneously an Everyman and a Superman and you all love him. I think that's great, I'm happy for you.

But, we should be able to make fun of his stupid haircut and his shitty fake personality and his overall midgetness if we want to. We should be able to make honest assessments of his game if we feel so inclined. It's the 49ers board after all and that's our right as red and gold blooded 49ers fans.

Now, if you want to talk a little football then by all means, welcome. But check your homerism at the door. That crap is for your own board. Please don't troll us and please be objective. Thanks.

I am just happy that there are plenty of criticisms of Kap that are football related while you guys have to dig deep for non-football relatéd crap for Wilson criticisms. Feels Nice.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just happy that there are plenty of criticisms of Kap that are football related while you guys have to dig deep for non-football relatéd crap for Wilson criticisms. Feels Nice.

You don't get it. And you're trolling again.

If you want to talk about his cool haircut, go do it somewhere else bud. Likewise, if you want to anoint him the second coming, do it somewhere else. If you want to say he's without flaws, do it somewhere else.

If you want to have a real discussion, then welcome. I'm not sure Seahawks fans are capable of that though. Prove me wrong. Be the change I want to see in the world.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a dog in this fight - but what I have observed over the months is that the Hawks fans that visit this board on a regular basis do so with respect and objectivity....many of the Hawks fans on the general board are more of the "trolling" type however.

Carry on
That is because these boards are moderated and the worst offending trolls are kept off. Otherwise this would be just like the ESPN forums

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a load of crap. Just look at this thread alone. Many of the regulars here are complimenting Wilson. One of the Seahawk trolls posted a picture of a SF gay pride event to describe Niner Tailgating at the park. And Breaker is called out for posting inflammatory stuff?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy ,this thread really turned to shit! I'll have to unsubsribe to this one unless a real debate resumes soon. Give RW until the end of the season (playoffs) IMO to make a final judgment on his status (just for this season!). He may just come out of this with some kind of award. I still say the Hawks are a TEAM and that is what makes the Hawks a contender regarless of how good he is. He is a vital part of the team ,just not the only part.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a load of crap. Just look at this thread alone. Many of the regulars here are complimenting Wilson. One of the Seahawk trolls posted a picture of a SF gay pride event to describe Niner Tailgating at the park. And Breaker is called out for posting inflammatory stuff?

Well, one of our resident clowns did criticize Wilson's haircut.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very underwhelmed. I wasn't expecting Saban but I was hoping for a bigger name with more skins on the wall.

Agreed. It used to be they'd be beating down the doors to get this job, now we can't even beat out Washington for Chris Peterson. Has it come to this?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. It used to be they'd be beating down the doors to get this job, now we can't even beat out Washington for Chris Peterson. Has it come to this?

I think you're mixing up the order. USC snagged Sark from UW, which then hired Peterson to replace Sark.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're mixing up the order. USC snagged Sark from UW, which then hired Peterson to replace Sark.

My understanding was that Chris Peterson turned down the job before it was offered to Sarkesian. At least it was widely rumored that SC was after him in the weeks preceeding the Sarkesian hire.