• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All of a sudden people are proclaiming Russell Wilson the best QB

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it doesn't bother you. That's your team right there. Sneaky Pete is your boy, the Hawks will destroy the 49ers, etc. I know, we hear it all the damn time.

I just want 49er fans to be able to talk a little football without having a bunch of trolls descend and derail. If all they want to do is talk about their own team's greatness then there is a board for that.

If you believe that you really are a fool. As for the Seahwaks beating the 49ers, I am nothing if not objective. It does not surprise me however that you are not mature enough to ignore something you don't like about the board and focus on what you enjoy about it like most of us are able to do.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It bugged me a little bit when Seattle got "lucky" in a few games earlier this season but then I started to realize that good teams make their own luck and find ways to win when they are not playing their best. I think that is what separates the good teams from the very good teams.

I'm not sure what to think about this Sunday. Most agree that our offense will struggle because we don't match up well with Seattle but I'm hopeful. What I think some people may find surprising though is that I think our defense is going to have a tough time getting off the field against Seattle. They don't make mistakes.

Fumbles can be considered mistakes, right? Don't they have a ton of fumbles?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fumbles can be considered mistakes, right? Don't they have a ton of fumbles?
They do, albeit against other teams, but when is the last time you remember the 49ers' defense recovering a fumble?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone started a thread on a 49er board about Russell Wilson and now someone else is shocked when a Seahawk fan dares to submit their opinion?!!! Look, when the Seahawk board posts stuff about the 49ers I go over there to offer my opinion because I've seen the 49ers play much more often and will correct whatever Emerald City misperceptions there are, I don't have a problem with Seahawk fans doing the same as long as they're not insulting, etc., and Cloud, Stu have not been. There are some Seahawk posters who can be total cocks about everything but they haven't ventured over here for this. Maybe Clyde or Ray warned them off.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone started a thread on a 49er board about Russell Wilson and now someone else is shocked when a Seahawk fan dares to submit their opinion?!!! Look, when the Seahawk board posts stuff about the 49ers I go over there to offer my opinion because I've seen the 49ers play much more often and will correct whatever Emerald City misperceptions there are, I don't have a problem with Seahawk fans doing the same as long as they're not insulting, etc., and Cloud, Stu have not been. There are some Seahawk posters who can be total cocks about everything but they haven't ventured over here for this. Maybe Clyde or Ray warned them off.

Interesting that the more mature fans all feel this way. Perhaps we realize that there are enough things to get worked up about in life without doing so on a message board

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me when Wilson gets to 5' 10".

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither are you. You aren't a troll, I'll give you that. But you wear as neon-green-colored glasses as anyone who ventures onto this board.

So I'm a homer for thinking Wilson can throw from the pocket ? Which he can because I've watched him do it allot this season... I appreciate not calling me a troll though.. I'm the first to say I can't say as much about Kaep as you guy's can because I just simply haven't seen enough of him… What I have seen I think he's pretty good but I can't elaborate on much more because you guy's watch him every single week like I watch Russ every single week…

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's best attributes are his calmness under pressure, ability to improvise when the play breaks down, and his accuracy. I've watched him all year and he runs for his life with the line being out and that's when he has been most dangerous. Carolina penned him in and contained him for the most part. That's how you really get to him, contain and pressure in the pocket and don't let him get outside. I think he can throw from the pocket but I don't think that's his strong suit as much as getting outside and finding people on the fly.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shocked? I'm not shocked, they do this crap all the time. We have Toby, remember? People trolling this board isn't shocking to me at all.

And I don't have a problem with opinions. Multiple trolls finding any little excuse to fire off declaratory statements which are not based in reality and simply serve to further engorge their rock hard love of all things Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll, and the Seattle Seahawks? On the 49ers board? No, I'm not really into that.

I think it's fine if you want to engage with a delusional, unintelligent fanbase over on their board. And if they want to come over here too, that's fine. But lets bring on some objective analysis and have an actual conversation rather than just blow our neon green wads all over each other.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got up next to him with your ruler did ya? :laugh3:

Actually we had this debate before… I stood right next to the man at the Vmac and I'm 6 feet tall… I was eye to eye with him.. It actually surprised me from all the press of him being short… He looked 6 feet tall to me or dam close to it… I'm glad everyone judged him from his height and not his game tape… OR we wouldn't have him right now…

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you feel the need to correct Seahawk posters on their board, that is just silly. Who cares what they say about the 49ers on their board. It is annoying when the trolling gets excessive on our board. They have almost taken over the General Message Board. If they had their way, they would try and hijack this board also

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you feel the need to correct Seahawk posters on their board, that is just silly. Who cares what they say about the 49ers on their board. It is annoying when the trolling gets excessive on our board. They have almost taken over the General Message Board. If they had their way, they would try and hijack this board also

Totally disagree, sometimes when I go over there to correct some misperceptions about Kaepernick or something some people, like Stu, actually listen. It makes for better debates down the road.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree, sometimes when I go over there to correct some misperceptions about Kaepernick or something some people, like Stu, actually listen. It makes for better debates down the road.

I actually like Stu. A couple of the others or ok. Alot are obnoxious

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect Russel Wilson. I think he is a good qb, but this really is over blown. I feel like this happens almost every week. Some young qb plays well in primetime TV and suddenly he has arrived. They act like it is his breakout game. But it is worth pointing out just how bad the Saints D played. He still made the plays that were there to be made not gunna deny that. but we will see how he plays against a good disciplined D that has had years of continuity in the the same system, like the Niners come Sunday. Not saying he will be terrible but I think he will come back down to earth after a week full of high praise for beating a defense that played so poorly last week.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect Russel Wilson. I think he is a good qb, but this really is over blown. I feel like this happens almost every week. Some young qb plays well in primetime TV and suddenly he has arrived. They act like it is his breakout game. But it is worth pointing out just how bad the Saints D played. He still made the plays that were there to be made not gunna deny that. but we will see how he plays against a good disciplined D that has had years of continuity in the the same system, like the Niners come Sunday. Not saying he will be terrible but I think he will come back down to earth after a week full of high praise for beating a defense that played so poorly last week.

He WILL come back to earth, for a couple of quarters. It's up to the offense to perform or he will play much better by midway through the 3rd. The defense can't do it all against this team. They need offensive support.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best right now? nope,very excellent with a lot of promise,oh yes very much so.