• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All of a sudden people are proclaiming Russell Wilson the best QB

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't agree with "damn good passer". he is good at play fakes and play action. IMO he's most dangerous when he escapes the pocket on passing plays. whether he runs or passes at that point, he's dangerous.

so do you pressure hard and risk him getting outside? or contain him inside the pocket?

Brooks will have to adjust his hits even lower.

I think you rush four and spy him with one of the ILBs. Ideally you keep him in the pocket, but there's that tough balancing act of generating pressure without opening running lanes. In theory the spy alleviates some of the concerns of him running, so your pass rush can be a bit more reckless.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you rush four and spy him with one of the ILBs. Ideally you keep him in the pocket, but there's that tough balancing act of generating pressure without opening running lanes. In theory the spy alleviates some of the concerns of him running, so your pass rush can be a bit more reckless.

I think that is true, but at the same time it's harder than you think because of his quickness. Perhaps a playbook from the Rams is needed because they're capable of keeping Wilson in check and on his back.:noidea:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yeah, tough call and guess Fangio will just have to mix it up.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think that is true, but at the same time it's harder than you think because of his quickness. Perhaps a playbook from the Rams is needed because they're capable of keeping Wilson in check and on his back.:noidea:

Yeah, but they've got great DEs and were playing against awful OTs. We may have the former (if Aldon brings his A-game), but we won't have the latter. I wouldn't agree it's harder than I think. I think it's damn hard. That's why I would spy Wilson. The problem is that it's not just a matter of catching him on scrambles. He is incredibly dangerous throwing from outside the pocket, so you need a spy who can close on him in a hurry and is a sound tackler. I think we have just that guy in Bowman (or Willis, but Bowman is the more likely candidate), but I'm not sure we'll use him that way. In fact, I'm skeptical that we will.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,104.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wouldnt put Wilson in the Elite category yet. I still need to see how he handles the playoffs. and see if he can go on the road and win a playoff game.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wouldnt put Wilson in the Elite category yet. I still need to see how he handles the playoffs. and see if he can go on the road and win a playoff game.

1) He did went on the road and win a playoff game. Came back to win against the Redskins and RG3. Almost came back to beat the Falcons only to lose on a last second FG. He'll be fine.

2) There's no reason to think he'll handle the playoffs any different than what he's doing now. They preach about how every game is a championship game here in Seattle and Wilson and the Seahawks have created this "1-0" mentality each each week. Go watch his press conferences if you don't believe me, he mentions it all the time.

3) Because of his poise, go back to 2).

Is he elite like the title of this thread suggest? No. But I believe he is emerging as one.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1) He did went on the road and win a playoff game. Came back to win against the Redskins and RG3. Almost came back to beat the Falcons only to lose on a last second FG. He'll be fine.

2) There's no reason to think he'll handle the playoffs any different than what he's doing now. They preach about how every game is a championship game here in Seattle and Wilson and the Seahawks have created this "1-0" mentality each each week. Go watch his press conferences if you don't believe me, he mentions it all the time.

3) Because of his poise, go back to 2).

Is he elite like the title of this thread suggest? No. But I believe he is emerging as one.

To be fair, he wasn't very good in the playoff win, and that wasn't the RGIII that we'd seen for most of the season. That RGIII is still MIA. And he was frankly pretty bad against the Falcons for three quarters. But he was great in the fourth and almost pulled it off. There's some irony that he won the game he didn't play well in and lost the one he played well in.

I think the jury is still out on him a bit, of course, but he's been very good to date.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he wasn't very good in the playoff win, and that wasn't the RGIII that we'd seen for most of the season. That RGIII is still MIA. And he was frankly pretty bad against the Falcons for three quarters. But he was great in the fourth and almost pulled it off. There's some irony that he won the game he didn't play well in and lost the one he played well in.

I think the jury is still out on him a bit, of course, but he's been very good to date.

Fair assessment and I agree. Would the Seahawks came back against a healthy RG3? Probably not, we'll never know but I believe he would've. The more impressive comeback was against the Falcons imo as we saw him do that a lot last year and even this year. He seem to pick up steam in the 2nd half.:noidea:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This must be a joke, Stu was just giving his opinion like everyone else has been and rarely if ever trolls when he ventures over here, and the thread was about the starting qb for his team. If every Seahawk poster was as well behaved as Stu when they come over here it would be great.

He throws "great" from the pocket? No.

Look, I fully acknowledge that Russell Wilson will be president of the United States by 2016 at the latest. But I don't need to watch a bunch of Seahawks fans continually fellate him up and down this board and make shit up to find another excuse to go down on him. They should do that in the privacy of their own board.

Lets let the mighty midget prove a little staying power and consistency before we we all get too hot and bothered by his greatness.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO

The Seattle board is for trolling, the 49ers board is for objective analysis (with one glaring exception who need not be named). Go there if you just want to S RW's D. There will be none of that here in reality land.

It's not objective to disagree with someone who you feel is wrong ? Wilson throws great from the pocket and that's objective and a fact…

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This must be a joke, Stu was just giving his opinion like everyone else has been and rarely if ever trolls when he ventures over here, and the thread was about the starting qb for his team. If every Seahawk poster was as well behaved as Stu when they come over here it would be great.

Thanks man!! Appreciate that…

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not objective to disagree with someone who you feel is wrong ? Wilson throws great from the pocket and that's objective and a fact…

He does not. You're not objective, you're just trying to find another thing to fellate him for. 49er fans can't say one thing even remotely critical about him without a bunch of Seahawks fans descending on this board to "correct" us in an effort to further canonize him.

You're a troll. Stop it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does not. You're not objective, you're just trying to find another thing to fellate him for. 49er fans can't say one thing even remotely critical about him without a bunch of Seahawks fans descending on this board to "correct" us in an effort to further canonize him.

You're a troll. Stop it.

Your not objective sir…. That's my perception…

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not objective sir…. That's my perception…

You have to remember some 49er fans like Whysies are looking for any little reason to kindle hope that Wilson may not be the player he looks to be. You have to forgive them their homerism. We just got back to respectability ourselves and now some young upstart from up north has taken that away from us already and it riles folks like Whysies and clouds their objectivity.

Sunday's game should tell us a lot about where the two teams stand.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember some 49er fans like Whysies are looking for any little reason to kindle hope that Wilson may not be the player he looks to be. You have to forgive them their homerism. We just got back to respectability ourselves and now some young upstart from up north has taken that away from us already and it riles folks like Whysies and clouds their objectivity.

I think he's played well. I'm more impressed with him now then I was a few weeks ago. What I said has nothing to do with my opinion of him. I just want trolly Seahawks fans like you to stick to their board if all they insist on doing is trolling this board.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya brotha… You guy's are a dam good team, and I have little doubt this game will be very competitive… I still like your Niners D … Solid unit… Were gonna have to avoid the initial emotion which will be high at the stick..

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's played well. I'm more impressed with him now then I was a few weeks ago. What I said has nothing to do with my opinion of him. I just want trolly Seahawks fans like you to stick to their board if all they insist on doing is trolling this board.

I guess that just doesn't bother me. They are on top and so they are excited about their team. It matters not one iota in your real life what people say on this board; look at it that way and just enjoy the experience here. We still have a pretty good team ourselves

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that just doesn't bother me. They are on top and so they are excited about their team. It matters not one iota in your real life what people say on this board; look at it that way and just enjoy the experience here. We still have a pretty good team ourselves

Of course it doesn't bother you. That's your team right there. Sneaky Pete is your boy, the Hawks will destroy the 49ers, etc. I know, we hear it all the damn time.

I just want 49er fans to be able to talk a little football without having a bunch of trolls descend and derail. If all they want to do is talk about their own team's greatness then there is a board for that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya brotha… You guy's are a dam good team, and I have little doubt this game will be very competitive… I still like your Niners D … Solid unit… Were gonna have to avoid the initial emotion which will be high at the stick..

It bugged me a little bit when Seattle got "lucky" in a few games earlier this season but then I started to realize that good teams make their own luck and find ways to win when they are not playing their best. I think that is what separates the good teams from the very good teams.

I'm not sure what to think about this Sunday. Most agree that our offense will struggle because we don't match up well with Seattle but I'm hopeful. What I think some people may find surprising though is that I think our defense is going to have a tough time getting off the field against Seattle. They don't make mistakes.