• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Agree or Disagree

Agree or Disagree?

• Agree

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we agree on part of this. In any blowout I want my star players sitting. The same thing could've been said about RW not getting pulled till the very end against GB? Coaches coach and players play. Fans, we bitch.

Yup, I was calling for Boykin to come in to replace Wilson before the third quarter ended. It was pretty obvious he was having the worst night of his pro career and we were getting slaughtered. No need to keep him in at that point. But I think sometimes these star QB's almost force coaches to keep them in. They don't want to come out, maybe even more so on a bad night than a good one.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the game in hand even if I had practiced it for three years I go with the odds. I don't give my opponents more info then they need.
You use BB as an exapmle which is perfect. Last year when Edelman threw the TD agaibst the Ravens thst play had been in the playbook for year. NE was losing they needed the play. it changed the outcome of the game.
So then your beef with Carroll is that you think he should have saved that play for another game? Well then it seems a kind of trivial beef to me, first because the Seahawks aren't playing the Rams again this year, and did have some important things on the line in Thursday night's game (division championship, high seed in the playoffs), and besides is a fairly subjective judgement in any case.

I just disagree with you. I'm glad that Carroll is willing to pull that trigger when the opportunity presents itself. And Thursday night was a fine time to do it as far as I'm concerned.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely right about that. But its that "one" in the 10-1 odds that worries me.

Don't forget either, we had just been blown out (our worst loss in 6 years) by Green Bay 4 days earlier. I'm pretty sure the team wanted that memory to be gone and they probably wanted to show the league that was an anomaly and they are still a team that is going to be tough to beat in the playoffs.
Ok fair enough we'll revisit if the ANW stays in the concussion protocol. Are there any decent FA Punters available? I haven't looked but I bet someone has?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then your beef with Carroll is that you think he should have saved that play for another game? Well then it seems a kind of trivial beef to me, first because the Seahawks aren't playing the Rams again this year, and did have some important things on the line in Thursday night's game (division championship, high seed in the playoffs), and besides is a fairly subjective judgement in any case.

I just disagree with you. I'm glad that Carroll is willing to pull that trigger when the opportunity present itself. And Thursday night was a fine time to do it as far as I'm concerned.
Finally you see it was about the future. Regardless if you face the Rams again or not this year. You keep it for future games against them or in the playoffs when you need it. You just showed 31 other teams that play. It won't be available the rest of this year maybe longer?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok fair enough we'll revisit if the ANW stays in the concussion protocol. Are there any decent FA Punters available? I haven't looked but I bet someone has?

Funny you bring this point up. Apparently Carroll said that Kearse and Russel Wilson have both volunteered to kick punts if Ryan can't go. WTF??? Wilson? With his knee brace and bad ankle he still thinks he can kick punts too? I'll give him credit, he's the most 'glass is half full' optimistic mutha-fucka that may have ever lived.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally you see it was about the future. Regardless if you face the Rams again or not this year. You keep it for future games against them or in the playoffs when you need it. You just showed 31 other teams that play. It won't be available the rest of this year maybe longer?

Not really. Every team runs the same plays week after week. They just hope to get the right look from the defense to run them, but they are often the same plays over and over. If some team leaves our punter uncovered and a giant hole opens up in front of him I'm pretty sure he'll take off again. It's rare that any punter gets left like that though so I doubt it happens, but it won't be because we tipped our hand. It's more about opportunity and awareness than it is about surprise I think.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you bring this point up. Apparently Carroll said that Kearse and Russel Wilson have both volunteered to kick punts if Ryan can't go. WTF??? Wilson? With his knee brace and bad ankle he still thinks he can kick punts too? I'll give him credit, he's the most 'glass is half full' optimistic mutha-fucka that may have ever lived.
I saw something about that. Apparently he has a suggestion box. Both those players supposedly put their name in the hat so to speak. I can see Kearse being serious about it. Anything to get on the field more and help the team.

I'm pretty sure PC thought about this as an option for .5 seconds

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all anyone can say, had the Hawks punted the ball, maybe the Rams return the punt for a TD, then get a turnover on the next series, etc etc etc. So second-guessing when exactly to use an advantage is a marginal (and in my mind trivial) debate at it's bet.

Besides, in the entire time that I have been watching football in my life on any level, I have never, ever seen such a gaping hole right up the middle of a punt rush. So I have to conclude that that kind of opportunity comes up maybe once in a lifetime. Carroll probably will be dead and buried long before any team begs so badly to be taken advantage of.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all anyone can say, had the Hawks punted the ball, maybe the Rams return the punt for a TD, then get a turnover on the next series, etc etc etc. So second-guessing when exactly to use an advantage is a marginal (and in my mind trivial) debate at it's bet.

Besides, in the entire time that I have been watching football in my life on any level, I have never, ever seen such a gaping hole right up the middle of a punt rush. So I have to conclude that that kind of opportunity comes up maybe once in a lifetime.

This is so true. He ran for 33 yards on that play without a hand touching him. If he didn't "self fumble" he might have got ten more before he slid down. It was the weird fact that he fumbled for no reason that actually got him hurt. No way he takes that hit if he isn't trying to save the fumble.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Besides, in the entire time that I have been watching football in my life on any level, I have never, ever seen such a gaping hole right up the middle of a punt rush. So I have to conclude that that kind of opportunity comes up maybe once in a lifetime. Carroll probably will be dead and buried long before any team begs so badly to be taken advantage of.
You're a Seahawk fan so that's about 3 years. (I'm joking) :mad2:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so true. He ran for 33 yards on that play without a hand touching him. If he didn't "self fumble" he might have got ten more before he slid down. It was the weird fact that he fumbled for no reason that actually got him hurt. No way he takes that hit if he isn't trying to save the fumble.
It almost looked like he was doing some kind of rugby move

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with it. They're trying to put the game away and have some fun while they're at it. And if it didn't work, Goff and the Rams offense weren't in any position to take advantage of the opportunity.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a double edged sword. Teams will also see that play and think that they may have to defend it, possibly weakening their punt return ability.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a double edged sword. Teams will also see that play and think that they may have to defend it, possibly weakening their punt return ability.
I addressed this earlier. 99.9% of teams leave a defender watching the punter.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE Homer has it dead right. I'd like to add that it was good practice too.....
That was my thought as I listened to the play on the radio.

Good game expierience for everyone on the punt team.

People get hurt playing football, just comes with the territory.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who agrees or disagrees with Coach Pete Carroll's decision to run a fake punt? With his team up 21 points and well in control of the game. Pete Carroll called for a fake punk with a little over 5 minutes left. The result of the play was a beautifully execute fake punt that went for 26 yards and a 1st down. The downside is the Hawks are not sure if they have an American Ninja Warrior kicker for their next game?

Pete's defending his decision but doesn't expect fans and media to see it from his perspective.

Pete Carroll defends calling fake punt up 24-3 in fourth quarter

I disagree because they have a D that was having no issues with the Rams. I understand they seen a coverage they liked but your defense was dominating so there's no reason to risk it with your team up by 3 scores.