• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Agree or Disagree

Agree or Disagree?

• Agree

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as you and others want to make everything about you it's not.

Too fucking funny.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAQ1AAAAJGVjNmJmYjlhLTk2MTAtNDU2NC1iYzJkLTE5N2JlYTBkNDVmOA.jpg

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll seems to have season tickets in @NWPATSFAN 's head.

Dude can't help himself but try to rustle up drama when it's not there

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What a Nancy ass position to take on it. Football is supposed to be about winning and having fun. That play was about both of those things. And if the Rams had been alert they could have just as easily blown that call up in the hawks face. When they went in on Friday morning to watch the tape, they weren't thinking "whaa, that was cheap", they're thinking "wow, what a blown opportunity".

Sorry. I just think the play was made out of spite and was totally unnecessary. Carroll even had to defend himself when the media asked about it. Not a big deal to me, the Seahawks won and that's all that matters. I'm concentrating on the Cardinals now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with NE Homer post #3...clearly it was not needed in this game..obviously they have been practicing it like every team should be doing, but practice is not a game, makes sense to try and execute it a game. Secondly, it's on tape now, and gives other teams something else to prepare for in the playoffs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't watching so just going off of the first couple of comments on page 1 and the link. So there could be more to the call than I know.

The best part about the fake punt and what makes it succeed is the surprise. Now you have teams remembering the play and it's human nature to be a little more cognizant that it may happen again and look for it. So by running it in a basically meaningless spot maybe you've cost yourself success the next time when you run it in a huge spot:2cents:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where can I buy that SeattleAde you're drinking. For the past 5 years all we've heard is how dominant the Seattle D is. Now you expect me to buy the Hawks were worried the Rams would score three times in under 6 minutes.
This kind of Seattle logic makes my head spin:what:
Fool, you started this thread to rile Seahawk fans.
The better question was Fassel an idiot for calling for a fake punt on Seattle's 30 (?) while the game was undecided.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't watching so just going off of the first couple of comments on page 1 and the link. So there could be more to the call than I know.

The best part about the fake punt and what makes it succeed is the surprise. Now you have teams remembering the play and it's human nature to be a little more cognizant that it may happen again and look for it. So by running it in a basically meaningless spot maybe you've cost yourself success the next time when you run it in a huge spot:2cents:

Conversely, all Lockett needs is a tiny crease, so by putting it in the minds of opponents punt team, you may create some opportunities for him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conversely, all Lockett needs is a tiny crease, so by putting it in the minds of opponents punt team, you may create some opportunities for him.
You realize your team doesn't kick to your players right? Go back to bed and get up again. This day is not starting out well for you Sunshine.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize your team doesn't kick to your players right? Go back to bed and get up again. This day is not starting out well for you Sunshine.

You sunk my battleship.

<blub,blub,blub>

There, that's the first one, and hopefully the only one.

Time to get some more sleep...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sunk my battleship.

<blub,blub,blub>

There, that's the first one, and hopefully the only one.

Time to get some more sleep...
:first:Hahaha I keeeeeeeeeeeel me

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with NE Homer post #3...clearly it was not needed in this game..obviously they have been practicing it like every team should be doing, but practice is not a game, makes sense to try and execute it a game. Secondly, it's on tape now, and gives other teams something else to prepare for in the playoffs.

Teams probably don't practice it much, outside of the week leading up to a game where they want to use it. I was reading an article last night about how little these NFL players actually practice during weeks of the season.

And If opponents are spending their already limited practice time preparing for a play that will never come, that's good imo.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make cream for your sensitivity issues.
They make E7's to keep tools like you in line.
It must give you a feeling of power to know that you can't get fired for ineptitude. It is no wonder you couldn't make it in the private sector.
You just don't get to advance like the others you must envy and dislike.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you enjoy being wrong so often?
I've already mentioned multiple times in this thread I wouldn't run that play unless a team needed it. At which time I said I would. As much as you and others want to make everything about you it's not.
I think you should quit trying to think like a successful NFL coach. It isn't working and it makes you look less aware than you usually do.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it was a chance to put the game away and fuck with the Rams, who've run trick plays all the time against the Seahawks.

My only regret is that Jeff Fisher wasn't the coach at the time.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to self. Wait to find a call from an NFL coach that I think could be foolish and create a thread to prove my validation of said play.
I have lots of time on my hands for this and I have nothing else as important as this in my life at present.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not try it? I mean it's not like if they didn't get the 1st down they would have lost the game. Only possible bad thing is that they have pulled this off now and teams will be looking for it. Then again, making defenses think about this is an advantage as well.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It Was To Say fuck you to the Rams. They have doing this shit to us for the past couple of years. Time for them to have some of their good medicine.

Now @NWPATSFAN Answer Splits question!!!!

Was Fassel an idiot for calling for a fake punt on Seattle's 30 (?) while the game was undecided?

I'll be waiting your response

giphy.gif