• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unpopular or popular opinions for NFL 2020

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Nobody has an answer for Kansas City in the AFC. The closest will be Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Indianapolis if any of them challenge. There is one darkhorse. You know who it is.

2. The AFC North will be an exciting division. I even think the Bengals are going to make some noise. How can you not with an exciting rookie QB. Baltimore cannot really go any higher than the regular season last year. The three other teams are all improving or trying to. They will not have an easy out.

3. Phillip Rivers in his good years had to play under the shadows of Peyton Manning and Patrick Mahomes. Now he has a clear path to winning with no gold standard QB in his way in a division. Desean Watson is not on the levels of the former two. Before 2010, Phillip Rivers won five division games a year for four years straight.

4. The Bills or Jets will have the opportunity to dethrone New England in the AFC East. If the Jets sweep the Dolphins and split with the Bills, they could have the best division record.

5. Someone will split with Kansas City in the AFC West so KC does not have back to back division sweeps. My money's on resting starters week 17 or losing to the Raiders.

6. Tom Brady's arrival in the NFC South sends a statement to Drew Brees. If Brees retires before Brady, he loses some records. It's a game of who will play the longest.

7. Drew Brees wants ring number two, but I feel that opportunity has passed. It's not happening in the next two years. Loyalty will also be why he does not get number 2.

8. Aaron Rodgers has to prove himself. He's let his actions off the field and on the sidelines overshadow what he does on the field. Rodgers needs to let his play on the field do the talking to shut the downplayers up. Rodgers has left the door wide open for Drew Brees to get back ahead of him. He's already allowed Brady. The Packers' identity mainly centers around Rodgers if they want to be a serious contender.

9. Pete Carroll is under the gun. Russell Wilson cannot keep being patient while PC does not put the talent around him needed to get back to the promised land. Already, Seattle is trying to bring back former players. If Seattle does not win the division with at least 12 wins this year (that's what it will take to get back to the NFCCG), I think Pete Carroll will be fired.

10. The NFC East is hot garbage. But the Giants will upset one of the big two to derail division title hopes.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training camp will be delayed and they will try to get by with a shorter season. Everyone will disregard 2020 just like a fraudulent strike season.

If players, even just a few, start getting infected, guys like Brady and Brees with nothing left to prove will retire.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami drafts Tua, they will win their division...

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is going to get hurt, but Eagle fans will still tout him as a superstar

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that is a statement. :clap:

I dont agree, but I like the limb you go out on for this thread! :thumb:

I think that is the thought of this thread.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There won't be a season

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think Tua is going to be NFL material.

Who knows... I feel the Bengals are mistaken in passing up on him in favor of Burrows... I don't see Burrows being that good of an NFL QB personally... Dan McGwire 2.0...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows... I feel the Bengals are mistaken in passing up on him in favor of Burrows... I don't see Burrows being that good of an NFL QB personally... Dan McGwire 2.0...
:eek:

that bad?????

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE starts out slow. Rumors about Brady leaving, BB isn't anything without Brady, JE resents the organization because they let his man toy walk.
BB gets the most out of a devastated D.
NE makes the playoffs
Losses in the AFCCG

At least two new rookies will be on IR to start the season. Likely miss the entire season. Wash, rinse, repeat.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas City doesn't repeat, gets upset in the second round
Miami makes the playoffs
Packers miss the playoffs
Rams continue their slid and the genius coach faces the hot seat going in to 2021

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unpopular?
I'm not going to like the shortened season. Probably only 12 games, and some in closed stadiums.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Nobody has an answer for Kansas City in the AFC. The closest will be Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Indianapolis if any of them challenge. There is one darkhorse. You know who it is.

2. The AFC North will be an exciting division. I even think the Bengals are going to make some noise. How can you not with an exciting rookie QB. Baltimore cannot really go any higher than the regular season last year. The three other teams are all improving or trying to. They will not have an easy out.

3. Phillip Rivers in his good years had to play under the shadows of Peyton Manning and Patrick Mahomes. Now he has a clear path to winning with no gold standard QB in his way in a division. Desean Watson is not on the levels of the former two. Before 2010, Phillip Rivers won five division games a year for four years straight.

4. The Bills or Jets will have the opportunity to dethrone New England in the AFC East. If the Jets sweep the Dolphins and split with the Bills, they could have the best division record.

5. Someone will split with Kansas City in the AFC West so KC does not have back to back division sweeps. My money's on resting starters week 17 or losing to the Raiders.

6. Tom Brady's arrival in the NFC South sends a statement to Drew Brees. If Brees retires before Brady, he loses some records. It's a game of who will play the longest.

7. Drew Brees wants ring number two, but I feel that opportunity has passed. It's not happening in the next two years. Loyalty will also be why he does not get number 2.

8. Aaron Rodgers has to prove himself. He's let his actions off the field and on the sidelines overshadow what he does on the field. Rodgers needs to let his play on the field do the talking to shut the downplayers up. Rodgers has left the door wide open for Drew Brees to get back ahead of him. He's already allowed Brady. The Packers' identity mainly centers around Rodgers if they want to be a serious contender.

9. Pete Carroll is under the gun. Russell Wilson cannot keep being patient while PC does not put the talent around him needed to get back to the promised land. Already, Seattle is trying to bring back former players. If Seattle does not win the division with at least 12 wins this year (that's what it will take to get back to the NFCCG), I think Pete Carroll will be fired.

10. The NFC East is hot garbage. But the Giants will upset one of the big two to derail division title hopes.

I stopped reading at Cinncinnatti.....

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad, you missed other noteworthy ones.

These aren't predictions about how teams will finish but what stands out at first glance.

The two most important opinions were 8 and 9 on Rodgers and Carroll.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad, you missed other noteworthy ones.

These aren't predictions about how teams will finish but what stands out at first glance.

The two most important opinions were 8 and 9 on Rodgers and Carroll.
I agree on Carroll. Not sure if he gets fired but definitely on the hot seat. He has to get a more creative and aggressive approach on defense to create a pass rush or the Hawks go nowhere. The offense is fine barring injuries but it needs to be put in the hands of RW. Pete's old school approach no longer works in today's game so he better wake up and see that and adjust.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Miami is dumb enough to draft that rag armed midget they will suck for another 25 years.

Just kidding, they're gonna suck for 25 more years no matter what.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized this, but the Chiefs are 27-3 in their last 30 AFC West games. Lawd.

Yes, I knew that. There's no division rival that is even close to what they have done. That's why they will be a threat for HFA.