• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the "Odunze isn't in the same class as Harrison" camp. But it will be interesting to watch their respective pro careers.
Yeah. I mean Harrison is more likely to go to a bad team with worse QB so Rome could flourish with a better team and QB. Impossible to tell but Harrison Jr is as talented as they come at the WR position

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants.
The Cardinals.
The Bears.
The Panthers.
The Falcons.

Just nfc
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope

Penix on the other hand could start on all of those teams.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I mean Harrison is more likely to go to a bad team with worse QB so Rome could flourish with a better team and QB. Impossible to tell but Harrison Jr is as talented as they come at the WR position
I agree and believe it could be a drag for Harrison Jr to be picked by a team with crappy QB and overall O. He will need basic pieces in place to shine.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this will be settled on April 25. When Harrison is picked before Odunze the professionals have weighed in and Harrison is now the better prospect. But I do agree the difference is small enough for the Bears to simply take their choice of QBs at 1 and then Odunze or Nabers with their own first round pick and be far better off.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this will be settled on April 25. When Harrison is picked before Odunze the professionals have weighed in and Harrison is now the better prospect. But I do agree the difference is small enough for the Bears to simply take their choice of QBs at 1 and then Odunze or Nabers with their own first round pick and be far better off.

No matter what they do I'd not prioritize taking Harrison 1.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports and ESPN has Marvin Harrison Jr as the best prospect in the NFL Draft. Do you agree?

Basic Information
- 21 years old. Will turn 22 in August.
- 6'4, 205 pounds.
- Marvin Harrison is his father. Hall of Fame wide receiver. Played for the Indianapolis Colts and was Peyton Manning's BFF.
- Went to Ohio State for college.
- Won the Biletnikoff Award in 2023
- Finished 4th in the Heisman Trophy voting in 2023.
- In his last two seasons (25 starts), he had 2,356 receiving yards, 29 touchdowns, and averaged 16.9 yards per reception.
- Projected to go in the Top 5

No

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any way the Bears don't either take a QB or trade the pick for huge return to a team that wants/needs a QB.

well yea.. They'd be incredibly stupid to not draft a qb and still use the pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Especially since the Bears have a #1 in DJ Moore. They need better talent at #2 and perhaps #3 as well. Putting Harrison as a #2 for a run first team seems a bit wasteful of an early 1st to me. They could wait until the 2nd to grab WR (lots of depth at WR this draft) and go Edge with their own first.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if the Bears are playing Justin Fields to simply drive up the purchase price of that #1 pick (i.e. We aren't set on taking a QB right now, so if you want it, make us an offer we can't refuse).

It's just weird as everyone talks about how great he has been in this 4-1 run they've had over the past 5 games. I'm not sure it's been all that great (I don't watch the Bears unless they are playing the Lions though). Perhaps his numbers reflect just how bad the weapons around him are, but it might be smart to just cut and run for the Bears. They could even trade back a few picks and may still be able to get a QB with a high ceiling like Penix.

Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 9.09.10 AM.png

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy, but we could easily see 4-5 QB's get drafted in the first 12 picks this year. Here is the current draft order:

1) Chicago (may want a QB)
2) Washington (definitely needs a QB)
3) New England (definitely needs a QB)
4) Arizona (won't take a QB)
5) NY Giants (definitely needs a QB)
6) LA Chargers (won't take a QB)
7) Tennessee (may want a QB)
8) NY Jets (probably won't take a QB till later in the draft)
9) Atlanta (definitely needs a QB)
10) Chicago (may want a QB)
11) Las Vegas (definitely needs a QB)
12) Minnesota (probably will want a QB)

I could see these teams jockeying to get to the top of the draft in the next few months, if they really like someone. There isn't a position that adds more value to a team than the QB spot.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if the Bears are playing Justin Fields to simply drive up the purchase price of that #1 pick (i.e. We aren't set on taking a QB right now, so if you want it, make us an offer we can't refuse).

It's just weird as everyone talks about how great he has been in this 4-1 run they've had over the past 5 games. I'm not sure it's been all that great (I don't watch the Bears unless they are playing the Lions though). Perhaps his numbers reflect just how bad the weapons around him are, but it might be smart to just cut and run for the Bears. They could even trade back a few picks and may still be able to get a QB with a high ceiling like Penix.

View attachment 350169
Yeah, he still seems like the same player he has always been. There are 3 more rush TDs mixed in there in that span but its not really indicative of franchise QB stuff.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy, but we could easily see 4-5 QB's get drafted in the first 12 picks this year. Here is the current draft order:

1) Chicago (may want a QB)
2) Washington (definitely needs a QB)
3) New England (definitely needs a QB)
4) Arizona (won't take a QB)
5) NY Giants (definitely needs a QB)
6) LA Chargers (won't take a QB)
7) Tennessee (may want a QB)
8) NY Jets (probably won't take a QB till later in the draft)
9) Atlanta (definitely needs a QB)
10) Chicago (may want a QB)
11) Las Vegas (definitely needs a QB)
12) Minnesota (probably will want a QB)

I could see these teams jockeying to get to the top of the draft in the next few months, if they really like someone. There isn't a position that adds more value to a team than the QB spot.

If Chicago takes a QB, one of those other teams won't (as one of them likely trades for Fields in that scenario). There are others expected to need a QB farther down that could trade into this range as well (like Denver, maybe the Saints and Seahawks). Of course, Denver moving on from Wilson puts another vet into the FA pool (along with Cousins, Tannehill, Brissett, Mayfield, Minishew, etc). The Rams could look for their successor for Stafford, but their late season run has them potentially out of range.

All that said, I agree that there could easily be 4 if not 5 QBs in the top 12-15. After Caleb, Maye, Daniels, Penix and Nix, I'm not really a fan of the next tier of QBs (if they even declare) like McCarthy, Ewers, etc. Still waiting for an official decision by Sanders too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 350169

One key note is all of those teams were kept at or under 17 pts in the wins. The late October trade for Sweat has really bolstered that defense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chicago takes a QB, one of those other teams won't (as one of them likely trades for Fields in that scenario). There are others expected to need a QB farther down that could trade into this range as well (like Denver, maybe the Saints and Seahawks). Of course, Denver moving on from Wilson puts another vet into the FA pool (along with Cousins, Tannehill, Brissett, Mayfield, Minishew, etc). The Rams could look for their successor for Stafford, but their late season run has them potentially out of range.

All that said, I agree that there could easily be 4 if not 5 QBs in the top 12-15. After Caleb, Maye, Daniels, Penix and Nix, I'm not really a fan of the next tier of QBs (if they even declare) like McCarthy, Ewers, etc. Still waiting for an official decision by Sanders too.
Both Walterfootball mocks have McCarthy in the top 10. I get the impression that there could be 6 QBs in the top 12 or so picks if they all have the proper offseason. At least 4.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Walterfootball mocks have McCarthy in the top 10. I get the impression that there could be 6 QBs in the top 12 or so picks if they all have the proper offseason. At least 4.

I don't see it, but I'm also not a scout lol. He also could be returning to school, but will Michigan be sanctioned in 2024?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've heard that rumor from a few places, but I don't think JJ will jump up that high. My hope (as a Michigan fan) is that JJ gets thrown enough NIL money to return for one more year. I think he needs another year of college ball. I think he has a lot of room for improvement that would be better gained in college.

I honestly think JJ's draft status will be 100% reliant on what Harbaugh does. If Harbaugh leaves, I would say with near 100% certainty that JJ is leaving too (NFL draft).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it, but I'm also not a scout lol. He also could be returning to school, but will Michigan be sanctioned in 2024?

I'm a forever optimist, but I don't see sanctions being anything more than a slap on the wrist. They throw a heavy fine at Michigan, take away a few scholarships is about all I see. Harbaugh already sat out 6 games this season.

I think Michigan will do itself some good in this matter if they can win it all on Monday. If they can win that game, IMO, the last thing the NCAA wants to do is immediately strip their national championship team of their title. Again, I'm biased, but I really don't worry about the NCAA coming down hard on Michigan. The NCAA is already on the edge of becoming irrelevant with these newly formed conferences and I don't see them wanting to make a big splash right now.

If they do come down hard, Harbaugh is most definitely gone. It would also likely kill Michigan football for 3+ years too (depending on what coach they can get to take over). I just don't see the NCAA doing it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that rumor from a few places, but I don't think JJ will jump up that high. My hope (as a Michigan fan) is that JJ gets thrown enough NIL money to return for one more year. I think he needs another year of college ball. I think he has a lot of room for improvement that would be better gained in college.

I honestly think JJ's draft status will be 100% reliant on what Harbaugh does. If Harbaugh leaves, I would say with near 100% certainty that JJ is leaving too (NFL draft).

He's tough to project since he isn't asked to do much. Their team relies on the run game and defense so heavily that he's an afterthought.