• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Offensive Tackle Class

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This definitely seems like one of the strengths of this draft. I suspect some good tackles will be available into the second round because a lot of teams will wait on taking one and select QBs or other positions with less depth.

Philly picking at 22 could go RT to find the heir apparent to Lane Johnson IMO. That's the kind of thing the Eagles do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackles are almost always a sound investment as long as you don't reach for one. Many move inside anyway, they can be super subs at minimum.

RTs have become more important too as defenses like to move their #1 edge rushers to that side to take advantage of perceived weakness.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great OL and WR class. QB? Hard to say about QB.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the delay guys -- I was having stomach flu issues. We're going to move to Guards and Centers tomorrow.

Amarius Mims

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the most unpredictable position group. I've seen a couple of top draft people say JC Latham is the top tackle prospect. I think Olu and Alt have been pushed up boards under the idea that they're the best LT prospects but the RT prospects might be better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the most unpredictable position group. I've seen a couple of top draft people say JC Latham is the top tackle prospect. I think Olu and Alt have been pushed up boards under the idea that they're the best LT prospects but the RT prospects might be better.

There's also the question of value of LT vs RT. Of course, if you have a lefty QB...that value flips (Miami, whomever drafts Penix).

Some can flip (I believe part of Alt's value is that he is projected to be able to, but Olu not so much), move inside, etc. The judgement that OT will need to move inside for the NFL also hurts their perceived value (many do stick outside regardless).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year just about everyone and his grandmammy said this year's QB crop was going to be the best in years. Now it seems there are question marks on pretty much all of them.
There are always questions when talking about QB prospects. This class has a lot good possibilities at QB vs the average draft class, so I would say it is the best in years. No guarantee that years from now it still viewed that way, but pre draft this class has a lot hope in it for teams in need of a QB IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always questions when talking about QB prospects. This class has a lot good possibilities at QB vs the average draft class, so I would say it is the best in years. No guarantee that years from now it still viewed that way, but pre draft this class has a lot hope in it for teams in need of a QB IMO.
It is also one of those QB classes where you can explain away the top QBs weaknesses pretty easily. There are three older QBs in the class so maybe they had an advantage in college....but those QBs were some of the best players in college so they did what you would expect. JJ McCarthy never had to test himself too much as a thrower...but his team won the national championship.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norovirus ia going around. Hope you're feeling better
Thank you so much for the well wishes. I definitely had that. I wouldn't wish anybody to have what I had. I threw up constantly for a couple of days and had a fever and cold chills. I basically sounded like Marlon Brando from The Godfather. All better now, but I don't want to jinx anything.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you so much for the well wishes. I definitely had that. I wouldn't wish anybody to have what I had. I threw up constantly for a couple of days and had a fever and cold chills. I basically sounded like Marlon Brando from The Godfather. All better now, but I don't want to jinx anything.
You have a period of immunity now. For awhile. Good time to go to Chipotle